Serato Sample General Discussion

Talk about Serato Sample

chops extended for more than 16 pads

Donelsmokes 6:03 PM - 19 November, 2019
im a los angels based producer whose spent money and time trying to get more out of what's been offered for sampled based production ..by far serato sample has trumped everything when it comes to the chop game except for this one thing ...a lot of producers use keyboard controllers w/wo pads ..a great way to over trump the chop game is to have 32 chops instead of 16..everything else is gold with serato sample ..
Mr Okami 6:03 PM - 20 November, 2019
Whats up good sir!

I have a personal hack for that limitation in Logic Pro X.

Create a track stack with all of your different instantiations of serato sample (I've done up to 6 for 96 cue points)

The next part is fun!

For whatever reason, in the track inspector (under the region inspector) in Logic (press "I" to reveal if not shown), will transpose Serato sample on the inverse.

Meaning, if you want the first instrument to be -16 keys down from it's core placement in the plugin, you have to transpose the instrument by +16!

Thus, my layout:

Track Stack-

inst 1: transpose +16

inst 2: keep at 0

inst 3: transpose -16

inst 4: transpose -32

inst 5: transpose -48

inst 6: transpose either -64 (for top range) or +32 (for additional bottom range)

Set all loads of serato sample to "Hold Mode" so you can retain better control of the samples when jumping between instruments.

I personally set my plugin to "mono mode" to work the sample transitions better per song.

From there, you then record your midi on the track stack track itself, allowing you to use the full range of your various midi controllers.

I'm just learning albeton, so I know creating something parallel is achievable, but I don't have the same knowledge base as logic pro.

Hope this helps!
Donelsmokes 9:54 PM - 20 November, 2019
i dont use logic
CritiKAL 5:51 AM - 23 November, 2019
@ Mr Okami, not using logic either, but when i transpose to a 17th sample, serato sample says that I'm out of range. Is there a setting within the plugin to bypass the the midi mapping lock of C1 to E2?
Serato, Support
Gregg H 2:17 AM - 4 December, 2019
Thanks for your feedback guys, What DAWs are you guys using?

Sample is currently limited to having 16 pads per instance of the plugin, if you want any more you'll need to create another instance of Sample. Sample is currently locked to this range of notes, unfortunatley theres no way to change the range.

There may be different ways to work around this depended on your DAW.

Thanks again for your feedback, it's always appreciated.