DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Friction when I backspin my record

Mick Swell 10:32 PM - 16 November, 2019
Hey all,

Wondering if anyone else is experiening this. When I am beat juggling and do a backspin sometimes my vinyl has friction and there is a weird sound that is produced.

I curently use a slip sheet and a Tablecloth slipmat under my vinyl. Sometimes I think its the slip sheet and sometimes I think maybe its the center hole rubbing on the spindle that creates the friction and weird noise.

Ayone have this issue or have a fix for it?

Grealy appreciated thanks!
spirOne 3:02 PM - 17 November, 2019
Quote:
I think maybe its the center hole rubbing on the spindle that creates the friction and weird noise.

Yup, oldschool trick is a bit of moisture hehe
annoying sound! Can show up on recordings too
Mick Swell 6:21 PM - 26 November, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
I think maybe its the center hole rubbing on the spindle that creates the friction and weird noise.

Yup, oldschool trick is a bit of moisture hehe
annoying sound! Can show up on recordings too

Ahhh makes sense. What can I use for moisture, do i put it on the spindle?
DJ Reflex 2:44 AM - 27 November, 2019
I use those little circular stickers for 3-hole punched notebooks. You can buy them at any office/school supply store (or office area). Put one on each side of the record for a tighter fit around spindle and no actual rubbing on the record.
Mick Swell 3:00 PM - 16 December, 2019
Quote:
I use those little circular stickers for 3-hole punched notebooks. You can buy them at any office/school supply store (or office area). Put one on each side of the record for a tighter fit around spindle and no actual rubbing on the record.

Nice! Is this what you are talking about?

www.amazon.com

Thanks!
DJ Varmintbaby 3:27 AM - 22 December, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Nice! Is this what you are talking about?

www.amazon.com

Thanks!

Yes that's what he's talking about....