Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Serato Video with two djs and two laptops

D Jay Rum 7:28 PM - 14 November, 2019
Is ist possible to run Serato Video with two djs playing on two different laptops?
Each laptop has a Serato Video license. The videos should be projected with one beamer...

Thanx for support...
popnwave 10:02 PM - 14 November, 2019
You'd just need a switcher to flip between your two video outputs.
D Jay Rum 7:44 PM - 15 November, 2019
Ah yeah! Thanks a lot. This would work!
skinnyguy 6:16 PM - 18 November, 2019
another reason to get mixemergency. just need cat 5 cable to link computers. both vjs would need their own license of mixemergency as well.
popnwave 7:14 PM - 18 November, 2019
Quote:
another reason to get mixemergency. just need cat 5 cable to link computers. both vjs would need their own license of mixemergency as well.

I've always wanted to try this but I am usually the only video DJ, lol.
Culprit 1:08 PM - 20 November, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

I've always wanted to try this but I am usually the only video DJ, lol.

Me too. I did a wireless test between two laptops and the latency was really good, I was surprised.
Maskrider 2:24 AM - 27 November, 2019
Quote:

How do you do this?
Culprit 4:56 PM - 27 November, 2019
Mix Emergency uses newtek NDI technology. Its in the settings and very easy to use. Basically any 2 macbooks running the latest mix emergency can visually display either's main output.

It's kind of a very limited scenario but lets say your at a wedding and you got a backup laptop ready to go or you have a partner your switching off for and dont want to switch out video outputs, you can display his output on the master or one of your decks for a clean switch.

I have not used it yet but I do DJ with quite a few other video djs and it would help out tremendously if we didnt have to unplug and replug stuff back in.

Also, if you use Newtek NDI Monitor which can be installed on a mac or windows machine, any laptop setup to a video splitter can display mix emergencies output without having to connect any wires.

I recommend a portable mini router to accomplish this.
Culprit 4:58 PM - 27 November, 2019
Maskrider 7:28 AM - 29 November, 2019
Is This is some kind of Magic?...lol...I gotta see this in action.
Serato, Moderator
AnthonyS 10:04 PM - 3 December, 2019
Check out Karl's video here: Watchwww.youtube.com

Note you can send the Serato Video output via Syphon over NDI also :)
Culprit 10:31 PM - 3 December, 2019
apps.apple.com

This was recently released and for $100 its totally worth it to just setup an apple tv device and run it on a matrix per say in a permanent install.
popnwave 11:19 PM - 3 December, 2019
Quote:
apps.apple.com

This was recently released and for $100 its totally worth it to just setup an apple tv device and run it on a matrix per say in a permanent install.

ooh that looks cool as hell in the right, creative, hands.
Culprit 1:09 AM - 4 December, 2019
There are quite a few venues I know of that have an apple tv device setup on either their matrix or LED walls. You could just use a secondary output if your directly connected to the network but with this device you could network one output to multiple devices over a wired network which is really appealing.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 1:16 AM - 6 December, 2019
Quote:
apps.apple.com

Definitely worth having in the ole toolbox, great find 🤙🏾