Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Ddj 1000-srt

dj-freestyle 9:50 PM - 12 November, 2019
pioneer says the info on the decks comes directly from gui of serato so any plans to add more info. option for waveforms or deck art work might be nice and also why does rekord box version allow split cue but not for serato ? would pioneer have do a firmware to make eq full kill ? some small things that bug me:)
DJ Unique 1:16 AM - 13 November, 2019
Not having Split Cue bugs me the most
iEsh 9:11 AM - 29 November, 2019
I'm really interested in this topic as well. Having the waveform on the deck displays would be great and it should be possible for Serato. I'd love to know if there are any plans to include this in the future.
Dj S-Code 10:09 AM - 2 December, 2019
same here! wave forms would be awesome!
Qbaas 11:45 AM - 2 December, 2019
Wait what..no split cue? As in no way to have left side play the Master and the right the CUE? Is it still possible to have the Master and CUE playing on both ears where you can mix signal strength from both?
iEsh 1:17 PM - 2 December, 2019
Yeah, no split cue. Just the usual Cue-Master-Mix. Not really bothering me because I never used it tbh, but I know many people are disappointed.

Full EQ kill (maybe optional) would be great too. But again.. waveforms on the decks are a thing on the original DDJ-1000 and it should be integrated in the Serato version as well.
Qbaas 7:54 PM - 2 December, 2019
Don't normally use split cue but its a gods send in big rooms with no or shitty monitors. I dont's use the waveforms but its kinda strange there not there on the more expensive model. Same with full kill EQ
henryb 11:17 PM - 9 December, 2019
ok so the SZ's have full kill, the SX's have full kill, the Nexus'es have full kill, even the old S1 had full kill, but the new shiny 1000srt DOESN'T??? Seriously?? Dear Serato please tell me that you can (and WILL) release an update that will give us the full kill option!!

Also please tell us that you will release an update with Pioneer that will add more stuff on the 1000srt's screen (cue points, waveforms, art etc etc) as what is on the screen of the 1000srt, we can ALREADY SEE ON OUR LAPTOP SCREENS (duuh).. ;)

Thanks
metroplex2005 12:03 AM - 10 December, 2019
Quote:
Also please tell us that you will release an update with Pioneer that will add more stuff on the 1000srt's screen (cue points, waveforms, art etc etc) as what is on the screen of the 1000srt, we can ALREADY SEE ON OUR LAPTOP SCREENS (duuh).. ;)

Thanks

You can't see cuepoints, wavforms, albumart, etc. on your laptop screen?
Hmmm... Big mystery...
I am glad the displays on the 1000srt are simple and clean, only showing essential things for performance. So i can concentrate on performing and don't have to look at the laptop screen with tons of useless information.
iEsh 8:15 AM - 10 December, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks

Hmmm... Big mystery...
I am glad the displays on the 1000srt are simple and clean, only showing essential things for performance. So i can concentrate on performing and don't have to look at the laptop screen with tons of useless information.

That is very nice for you but guess what? We're all different. The Rekordbox version has an option to switch between different display modes, so even if they add waveforms and cue points to the display you'd still be able to switch back to your preferred clean look of the display.
henryb 12:09 PM - 10 December, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks

Hmmm... Big mystery...

Ok, let me rephrase what I said since you seem to be keen on focusing on the tree and ignoring the forest :P and so that no margin of misinterpretation is left :P
What I meant is to have the OPTION (just like was made available in the original 1000 2 years ago for Rekordbox..) to have a clean/limited look, but to also have a more beautiful screen with art/design like the rekordbox version, with the waveform of the loaded track and its cue points. Now as for you not being able to concentrate on performing when looking at something beautiful - what can I say... USE THE FORCE!! :P :P
Mario Weber 6:38 PM - 10 December, 2019
Good evening dear community
Can someone tell me if that's normal or is it going to be ahead?
I have the following problem and when I start Serato DJ Pro the master bar is displayed at the top as soon as I switch the bar on the DDJ 1000SRT.
No matter which version from 2.3.0.
I now have the DJ suite package where I have to activate Pro now but it can not be that or not.
My DDJ SX2 is in the shop so I can not test it now if the master bar is gone.
At the moment both Macbooks Pro are running with Catalina.
Does anyone have an idea or the same phenomenon as me?
Thank you in advance for your help

Greeting Mario

Sorry my is not good
Mario Weber 6:39 PM - 10 December, 2019
Sorry my English is not good