Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Switching Between DVS & DDJSB

Mardo 6:03 AM - 8 November, 2019
I use Serato DVS with turntables (obviously), but I'm planning on also buying a Pioneer DDJ SB3 to put in the shed.
The plan is to use the same laptop running Serato Pro with all my music on it.

So, I'd unplug the laptop from my turntables (actually from my Serato enabled Akai AMX mixer), walk it down to the shed, and plug it into the Pioneer DDJ SB3 instead.

Can I do this seamlessly without changing any settings?

Or if I need to change settings, what is involved, because the plan is to swap between the two systems often, so I need it to be simple.
DJMIYAGI 8:02 PM - 8 November, 2019
Since the SB3 in a native Serato DJ Lite controller you would need a full license to use Serato DJ Pro with it, or you can always use Lite, but I recommend the full version. Your SL3 license is attached to the Rane hardware. If you already have a full Serato license, all you would need to do is switch from ABS/REL mode with the SL3 to INT mode with the SB3.
Mardo 9:57 PM - 8 November, 2019
I have a full Serato Pro licence.

I’m asking if I can unplug my laptop from the Akai AMX that I use on my turntables (via DVS) and plug it straight into a Pioneer DDJ SB3.

Or if there are settings I have to change.
DJMIYAGI 11:00 PM - 8 November, 2019
You should be fine if you have a license. Just pull the usb from the AMX and plug into the SB3. It should automatically switch to internal mode when you connect to the SB3
Mardo 4:51 AM - 9 November, 2019
Awesome. That’s what I was hoping.
Thanks man. Much appreciated.
Dj Menzi 12:48 AM - 11 November, 2019
Thanks for the great info: I use DDJ SB3 for my 3 companies: www.sungjingles.com
www.voiceoversghana and www.twivoices.com .
DJ Varmintbaby 5:22 AM - 12 November, 2019
Quote:
Thanks for the great info: I use DDJ SB3 for my 3 companies: www.sungjingles.com
www.voiceoversghana and www.twivoices.com .

Reported for spam....