Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Quick DDJ1000SRT Midi mapping questions

DJ Raef 7:21 AM - 3 November, 2019
Hey DJ's,

I'm about to purchase my DDJ1000SRT unit tomorrow and I just had a couple of quick questions about the midi mapping.

1) I know about the midi mapping process to swap around the In/Out to x1/2 & x2, but my question is - can/are the lights left on after this process or do the lights go off and only turn on when pressed? (my preference is to have them permanently on and go off for that split second when I press x1/2 or x2

2) can you midi map the "Key Sync" to a Serato DJ effect? (e.g I set up Deck 1 Key Sync to activate/deactivate Serato FX 1, first effect, which is set at Echo Out. So when I press the key sync button it will activate the Echo Out of Serato FX)

3) One last question (which isn't a Midi Question). If I hold down shift + move jog wheel left or right, will that scroll through the track in a similar way to the DDJ SX/SR range. (I know there are beat jump buttons but just in case of force of habit)

Just a quick answer to these three questions before I pick up my unit before would be great. Thanks all
DJ-XL 8:30 PM - 3 November, 2019
1) It's possible but you will have to modify the XML for the MIDI preset you will have to create. It's 4 areas that you will have to change the values. I will write out the XML on the bottom of this post (assuming that you are mapping for Channels 1 and 2)

2) You can MIDI map the "Key Sync" button to one of the FX buttons or the combo FX. Just remember that the Serato FX is not post fader. Also the button will light up when the FX is enabled and turned off when the FX is off.

3) Yes, if you hold down the "Shift" button and move the jog wheel it will scroll through the track. I sold my DDJ-SR and DDJ-SR2 so I don't remember if it's the same speed when you scroll but from what I remember it's pretty similar or the same.
------------------------------------------

XML FOR QUESTION 1
Create a new MIDI preset in SDJ. Map the "1/2x" and "2x" buttons. Save the MIDI preset. You will have to edit the MIDI preset you just saved. If you don't know how to do this there is a bunch of posts on how to modify the MIDI XML and where the files are located.

This is for Channel 2 "2x LOOP LENGTH"
The only thing that is changed from the original XML is these two values:
<alias name="on" value="0"/>
<alias name="off" value="127"/>
You want to change it to this
"on" value="127"
"off" value="0"
see below.

<control channel="2" event_type="Note On" control="17">
<userio event="click">
<loop_length_double deck_set="Default" deck_id="1" slot_id="0">
<translation action_on="press" behaviour="explicit"/>
</loop_length_double>
</userio>
<userio event="output">
<loop_length_double deck_set="Default" deck_id="1" slot_id="0">
<translation action_on="any">
<alias name="on" value="127"/>
<alias name="off" value="0"/>
</translation>
</loop_length_double>
</userio>
</control>

Remember you will have to change the
<alias name="on" value="0"/>
<alias name="off" value="127"/>
for all <loop_length_double> and <loop_length_half> values in the XML to the new values
Raef 7:13 AM - 4 November, 2019
DJ XL, this is awesome thank you. I picked up my unit today and haven't had a chance yet to unbox it but I definitely will be doing the advice you recommended.

I'm also thinking to remap "Key Reset" to Grid Set/Grid Clear if that's a mapable process. Would you know the XML for that?

I'm not any good with XML but i'm going to give it all a crack over the next couple of weeks.
Raef 8:38 AM - 4 November, 2019
oh and i'll be mapping for all 4 channels/decks, so i don't know if the XML you've given as an example will work for all four.
DJ-XL 6:32 PM - 4 November, 2019
The XML I given is just an example for one deck. You will have to apply
for all the decks and both half and double buttons
Jay Free 6:34 PM - 4 November, 2019
thanks for the ket SYNC button idea, I too need serato effects off on button!
PFFABG 7:42 PM - 4 November, 2019
Quote:
oh and i'll be mapping for all 4 channels/decks, so i don't know if the XML you've given as an example will work for all four.

You’ll have to do the same for each deck I believe. If you struggle I can send you my MIDI mapping file for it. It only has the looping controls mapped, but I have the lights working as you described.

Also, the grid adjust/slide button (above shift). Serato won’t seem to let me remap that button, has anyone managed to do it?
Raef 7:36 AM - 10 November, 2019
Hey all, so I had a crack at the XML midi mapping editing to changing the lights on the In/Out buttons without luck. (changed the values from 0 > 127 & 127 > 0).

I'm asking please for anyone's assistance that know's how to midi map the following:

1) I've swaped In/Out buttons to x1/2/x2, but need the new swapped out In/Out buttons appear lit when not in use and briefly go unlit when pressing In/Out buttons
2) Have Mid knob on Deck 3 assigned to Stopping Time but it not effect the Mid sound on the track 3
3) Have Mid knob on Deck 4 assigned to Crossfader curve but it not effect the Mid sound on the track 4

I've been able to do the mapping for 2) & 3) but when I move the knobs it is still affecting the mid-sound on tracks 3 & 4

If anyone wants me to PM them the XML file i've currently created i'm happy to work with someone directly on this.

Thank you,
Raef
Raef 2:36 PM - 11 November, 2019
Massive shout out to PFFABG who helped me with the button lighting on the x1/2 & x2 buttons.

I'm sharing my midi file in case anyone wants it, I've got the following functions mapped on my midi file:
- All decks have In/Out swapped with x1/2 & x2 (with lights on thanks to PFFABG)
- All decks have 4 Beat Loop swapped to Auto Beat Loop
- 1 beat Echo Out Serato FX with Deck 1&3 "Key Sync" linked to FX1 & Deck 2&4 "Key Sync" linked to FX2. To make this feature work, before every gig, go to FX page, make sure Echo Out is selected on FX 1, 2, 4 & 5 with the effect depth just passed half way & Beats are set to 1 beat. Press "Key Sync" to activate/deactivate the effect.
- Clear beatgrid is set to "Key Reset" and Set beatgrid is set to "Shift + Key Reset", this is for both Deck 1&3 on Left player and Deck 2&4 on Right player.
- Sample volume knob linked to Sample volume (for some reason, this didn't happen automatically with the latest Serato update)

Here's a copy of my midi file: drive.google.com

I just need help with one last thing before my mapping is complete. Does anyone know how to midi map the Stop time to Mid knob on channel 3 and Crossfader curve to Mid knob on channel 4 without the track sounds on each of those decks being affected? I've been able to successfully midi map those 2 knobs but unfortunately when I twist either one of them, it will affect the Mids on the tracks playing.

Appreciate any help I get, once again thanks PFFABG for the button lighting help.
PFFABG 7:30 PM - 11 November, 2019
No worries Raef. Glad I could help 👍
Raef 6:21 AM - 21 November, 2019
bumping this part:
Quote:
Ijust need help with one last thing before my mapping is complete. Does anyone know how to midi map the Stop time to Mid knob on channel 3 and Crossfader curve to Mid knob on channel 4 without the track sounds on each of those decks being affected? I've been able to successfully midi map those 2 knobs but unfortunately when I twist either one of them, it will affect the Mids on the tracks playing.