Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Another Serato Video vs Mix Emergency.....

A10 7:43 PM - 29 October, 2019
So been reading many new and old posts for the pros and cons for these pieces of software...
I need some software from a performance on the 31st so not many days ....

I've been using the demo trail of Serato Dj and have terrible stutters...so much so it's almost unplayable probably like 1/2 a fps when i hide Serato or press exit and it brings up the "are you sure" splash page it runs fine....but during the normal operation of Serato Pro DJ it's unusable...I take it this isn't just the demo being a demo....

At this moment I'm looking into buying MixEmergency because it just works...where as Serato Video just doesn't.

Does anyone have any Fixes to make it work....I've changed the video setting to software but can't waste time or money buying one then the other. Thanks everyone!
skinnyguy 8:10 PM - 29 October, 2019
guess you made your decision. mixemergency.
popnwave 10:01 PM - 29 October, 2019
Quote:
Does anyone have any Fixes to make it work....I've changed the video setting to software but can't waste time or money buying one then the other. Thanks everyone!

It can seem like a bitter pill, but ME is one of those solutions that just works. Even if you use 5 out of the 100 things it can do it just plays 99.99% of what you throw at it with little to no headaches.

You know what my ONLY gripe about ME is, that I wish I could sorta have the video channels docked like they are in SV and stay there without having to pin the UI. Even then it doesn't feel right, but over the years I've found once I start a video set I really don't look at my outputs as much as I listen to them so unless I am messing around with transitions/overlays I don't even have the ME UI pinned anymore!
TranceMastrJack 3:18 PM - 1 November, 2019
ooh way to get my hopes up. I'm running win 7 here. uuuhaaa ooh it burns! MixE is mac only. damn! ;-)
popnwave 4:48 PM - 1 November, 2019
Quote:
ooh way to get my hopes up. I'm running win 7 here. uuuhaaa ooh it burns! MixE is mac only. damn! ;-)

VDJ for video is your best bet.. until the Windows version of SV gets a complete rewrite.
TranceMastrJack 8:52 PM - 17 November, 2019
Sadly, I hate to say this here on thee Serato board, but yes VDJ video is stellar. Ive gotten thee 30 day free trial and it hasnt glitched. certainly it hasn't crashed at all. There is a problem with the Serato video module. Im running a 64 bit dell but the module says .32 so I assume its using 32 bit code. IDK, I love the Serato product overall and am happy to own djpro and sub to the video/effect pack as well. This month. Hate to say it, but Next month, vdj will be getting my $20. as will Roland Sound Cloud for their amazing vst recreations ov the 303 808 & 909s.
And sadly and still off topic, I've chosen to unlock Rolands ZenBeats over Serato Studio because of cost. The prog is free and for 50 points er US dollars today i've unlocked the full capabilities of the program. Forever. Not mad just sayin....
TMJ
BrandNewBuddhas