Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Catalina/Serato DJ/external HD/new ITUNES

gripski 4:36 AM - 24 October, 2019
I currently upgraded my OS because it was said everything was supported. It is not working for me.

before this, I managed music with iTunes(in playlists etc) and all my music(through iTunes) was and is based off my external HD.

after I upgraded both the Serato app and my OS, None of my music is showing in Serato, when I try to transfer music over, still nowhere to be found in the program. I did go through your steps online, still nothing.

what do I do? its almost the weekend!!!!!
smooothdee 5:23 AM - 24 October, 2019
Any feedback? Similar situation. Recently upgraded to High Sierra (osx 10.13). Now my iTunes crates don't show up at all. Tried unchecking/checking "Show iTunes Library" but still doesn't help.
gripski 5:52 AM - 24 October, 2019
I had it all set up in older OS versions, just went all weird with Catalina and iTunes changing to Music
popnwave 2:31 PM - 24 October, 2019
You're gonna want to get the terminology correct - moving forward it's Music, saying iTunes is gonna make people think you are Mojave and dumb as rocks.

Second, open a support ticket, and they can help you navigate the differences.

Third, if time is of the essence, go back to Mojave and don't update again.
gripski 3:53 PM - 24 October, 2019
I understand. Its a little confusing tho when I just day music. correct? that's why I added in the header: Catalina/NEW ITUNES

ya know? is that not straightforward enough?

I did open a support ticket. I'm just widening the scope in case more ppl are experiencing this.

I don't know how to go back.

thanks tho. peace.
popnwave 4:00 PM - 24 October, 2019
Just a heads up, you are going into the weekend and support is in NZ which means they are already into Friday. Be prepared to roll back if they run out of time to get back to you before their weekend kicks off.
gripski 4:51 PM - 24 October, 2019
ill prob have to do a live beats thing then. I'm not sure how to roll back, and I don't have the time to really get into it. thanks tho. peace.
dj_soo 5:39 PM - 24 October, 2019
Every year Apple releases a new OS and every year people just go and update and get mad when it breaks everything.

I really don't understand why people feel like they need to update something that's not broken immediately.
gripski 6:12 PM - 24 October, 2019
Quote:
Every year Apple releases a new OS and every year people just go and update and get mad when it breaks everything.

I really don't understand why people feel like they need to update something that's not broken immediately.

I WAS waiting.

But I got a message saying my hardware and software was good to go now. I looked into it a bit, looked good.

I did wait. Maybe not long enough. But figured with the reassurance from pioneer and Serato, it was a done deal.
dj_soo 4:56 AM - 25 October, 2019
even when they say it's ok, it's is a bad idea. New releases have bugs and that goes the same with new versions of software. There's absolutely 0 reason to update your OS unless there's something critical in the update that you need.

If it ain't broke, why fix it?

It's why a lot of pros stay on the same OS for years sometimes - because when you need to rely on your computer to work, any major changes just introduces risk.
DJ Unique 5:05 AM - 25 October, 2019
LOL...
This is exactly why I never update my OS.
Also never used iTunes because I thought that maybe one day, they would change something and I'd lose my crates.
Serato crates since the very beginning
gripski 5:09 AM - 25 October, 2019
I’ve had no problems until now——but I get it.

Let’s get some solutions tho and not dwell on what I should/shouldn’t have done.

Thanks
dj_soo 7:38 PM - 25 October, 2019
The solution is to downgrade back to a working OS from the backup you should have made before updating.
gripski 8:41 PM - 25 October, 2019
Quote:
The solution is to downgrade back to a working OS from the backup you should have made before updating.

Thanks dood, no help at all. Please comment on another thread. Fuck man.
dj_soo 9:00 PM - 25 October, 2019
ok, you can just sit around and wait however many weeks or months it takes to solve the issues that *always* pop up when a new OS drops.

If your setup was working on the last OS then go back to it - that's going to be the fastest and easiest way to get a working setup again.
gripski 9:06 PM - 25 October, 2019
Quote:
ok, you can just sit around and wait however many weeks or months it takes to solve the issues that *always* pop up when a new OS drops.

If your setup was working on the last OS then go back to it - that's going to be the fastest and easiest way to get a working setup again.

Like I said: that’s been said, and that’s not a solution. That’s a bandaid.

I’m looking for a fix.....and I made the post for Serato to see and follow up and so everybody can check it.

You offered to go back to an older OS. Cool, dope.

Now Serato, is there another way?
metroplex2005 12:38 AM - 26 October, 2019
Yes:
support.serato.com

If that does not solve your problem:
Quote:
gripski 1:04 AM - 26 October, 2019
Quote:
Yes:
support.serato.com

If that does not solve your problem:
Quote:

Yo what’s up with this forum??!!

It’s supposed to be about helping ppl right? Or no?

I made a ticket w support.

I’m airing on here for them to respond and maybe someone else has the same issue or has found a fix.

Is this forum about trolling and being dicks?

Are these the DJ names y’all go by? I’ll steer clear.

Peace.
metroplex2005 1:27 AM - 26 October, 2019
You were asking for help with your problem.
Several solutions have been shown to you.
Even the fastest, easiest and safest one to get a working setup again.

You have rejected the solutions that would have fixed your problem and are starting to get rude.

So you just have to wait for the support to take notice of your ticket, and maybe future updates to the OS or SDJ, that can solve your problem.

No one here forced you to update your OS, no one here is responsible for your problems.

"stupid is as stupid does"
Peace.
gripski 4:01 AM - 26 October, 2019
Quote:
You were asking for help with your problem.
Several solutions have been shown to you.
Even the fastest, easiest and safest one to get a working setup again.

You have rejected the solutions that would have fixed your problem and are starting to get rude.

So you just have to wait for the support to take notice of your ticket, and maybe future updates to the OS or SDJ, that can solve your problem.

No one here forced you to update your OS, no one here is responsible for your problems.

"stupid is as stupid does"
Peace.

How am I getting rude?

This has gone south. I’m just looking for Serato or anyone who has solutions to go forward with the OS.

I’ve heard others....just waiting for the fixes that don’t go back in time. Back to old OS. Ya know?

I feel that some of y’all are being rude, y’all know what I’m looking for....so stop commenting let it marinate and see if anyone has coward solutions?

Is that cool?

Rather than, calling me stupid etc etc etc.

Is that ok?

Thanks. Peace.
DJ Unique 5:00 AM - 26 October, 2019
Sheesh...

Option 1
Downgrade the OS on your current MacBook Pro

Option 2
Use your back-up computer

Option 3
Wait until Serato or someone else figures out how to fix your problem
DJ Marv the Maverick 11:57 AM - 26 October, 2019
Quote:
Sheesh...

Option 1
Downgrade the OS on your current MacBook Pro

Option 2
Use your back-up computer

Option 3

Option 4

Dual Boot
Jed 104 1:33 PM - 26 October, 2019
Quote:
Sheesh...

Option 1
Downgrade the OS on your current MacBook Pro - Not possible unless you want to wipe and start from scratch

Option 2
Use your back-up computer - Not everyone has one

Option 3
- They said they had figured out SDJ pulling playlists from the Music app that's why I too upgraded

I can understand the OPs frustration it kinda sounds like everyones just trying to show how much cleverer they are for not updating yet or theres some basic solution he overlooked because he's not as bright as you all....
gripski 2:25 PM - 26 October, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Sheesh...

Option 1
Downgrade the OS on your current MacBook Pro - Not possible unless you want to wipe and start from scratch

Option 2
Use your back-up computer - Not everyone has one

Option 3
- They said they had figured out SDJ pulling playlists from the Music app that's why I too upgraded

I can understand the OPs frustration it kinda sounds like everyones just trying to show how much cleverer they are for not updating yet or theres some basic solution he overlooked because he's not as bright as you all....

Thanks! Yes! I just thought posting it, someone would comment who had figured it out. Thanks dood. I was getting a little frustrated with the comments. 👊👊
DJJames801 5:07 AM - 30 October, 2019
1. Try opening iTunes now called Music. Play a few songs, Close/Exit it. This should save a new file.

2. Try loading SDJ Pro. IF your iTunes/Music Crates do not load, proceed to step 3.

3. Close SDJ Pro...Delete your _Serato_ folder. Repeat Step 1, and then try loading SDJ Pro again.

I did this and all my iTunes/Music crates loaded. Takes a while to load and close SDJ Pro now, so brace yourself
DJJames801 7:46 PM - 30 October, 2019
DJPIACH 12:52 AM - 1 November, 2019
Serato just released 2.3.1 download that and check. Also the iTunes has bene removed.Now its called Apple Music.
I have all my music in an external SSD and it worked fine. Mac OS Catalina/ Denon MC4000
YZ 9:03 PM - 1 November, 2019
Quote:

This... you guys need to stop updating all the time. I don't care what the vendors say, anyone who works in IT knows what I'm talking about. You have to let the dust settle, especially with music software, especially x2 with Serato. It's just a dumb idea to hit the upgrade button when you have ZIPPY knowledge about what to do when shit breaks. You made the bed now you gotta sleep in that beyotch.
metroplex2005 12:14 AM - 2 November, 2019
Quote:
This... you guys need to stop updating all the time. I don't care what the vendors say, anyone who works in IT knows what I'm talking about. You have to let the dust settle, especially with music software, especially x2 with Serato. It's just a dumb idea to hit the upgrade button when you have ZIPPY knowledge about what to do when shit breaks. You made the bed now you gotta sleep in that beyotch.

+1
DJ Unique 5:36 AM - 2 November, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

+1

+2
Serge Mailli 1:04 AM - 5 November, 2019
Hello gripski,

Not sure if you ever got your issue resolved or not but this is how I fixed mine after upgrading today.

From Music, go to File -> Library -> Import Library

Navigate to your old itunes.xml files

and click OK. It took a while to import but now it looks like all of my music is present.

Regards,