Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

Serato audio setup problem!!

DJYCM 12:16 PM - 22 October, 2019
Hi everyone!

I’m using the DDJ-SB3.
I setup my macbook to be the output speaker which is the master output but my headphones got no sound so I can’t monitoring through my headphones. Is there any solutions?
Serato, Support
Mitchell C 4:20 AM - 2 December, 2019
Quote:
Hi everyone!

I’m using the DDJ-SB3.
I setup my macbook to be the output speaker which is the master output but my headphones got no sound so I can’t monitoring through my headphones. Is there any solutions?

Hi there,

So when you connect your DJ hardware, the audio becomes routed through your controller.

In order to get sound from the SB3 you will need to connect powered speakers via the RCA outputs .

You can use your macbook's internal speakers by utilising the 'Aggregate device' feature, however you will not be able to monitor with headphones when using the aggregate device.
M-Otter 2:44 PM - 7 March, 2020
Quote:
You can use your macbook's internal speakers by utilising the 'Aggregate device' feature, however you will not be able to monitor with headphones when using the aggregate device.

I don’t get it.
I’m using a Reloop Beatmix 2.
When plugging my headphones to the Beatmix, I’m unable to prelisten to the deck in waiting—because I’m hearing the audio from the active deck all the time, no matter if the headphone cues are activated or not (activating it pushes the volume like +2 dB but there isn’t a real difference). What’s wrong?
metroplex2005 2:52 PM - 7 March, 2020
Rotate your cue mix poti (second under the master volume poti) counter clockwise, until it is completely on cue.
M-Otter 3:03 PM - 7 March, 2020
Quote:
Rotate your cue mix poti (second under the master volume poti) counter clockwise, until it is completely on cue.

THANKS, metroplex2005!
With my former DJ software I didn’t make use of these knobs at all since my prelistening was routed through my MacBook’s headphones output.
These potis haven’t almost existed for me, haha! :D
metroplex2005 3:17 PM - 7 March, 2020
You’re welcome.