DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Crooklyan Clan & crack 4 djs - WTF???!!!!

westcoastdj 5:22 AM - 30 July, 2009
so i got an e-flyer from CC stating a sale on all audio & videos that was from this last sunday july 26 - tuesday july 28. well sunday i started adding tracks to my shopping cart and contiued doing so on monday and on tuesday morning i hit refresh on my cart and the prices went back to regular price. WTF??!!! here i have this flyer that says sale is sunday-tuesday which would mean the sale should last ALL DAY TUESDAY!! and its not like i went to buy at 10pm pacific time which would be 1am east coast time. i went to buy around 11am on tuesday......

from there i immediatly emailed crooklyan clan and NO RESPONSE.... i emailed a 2nd time today (wednesday) and still no response....WTF!!! what a bunch of crooks!!! i dont know if anybody else experianced this as well or has in the past but i have been an avid purchasing customer of that site for bout 2-3 years and it just pisses me off that whoever gets those emails isnt responding. thats bull crap if you ask me. if i cont not to hear from them, i will take my business elsewhere. and i know they got the emails cuz when i've had to have my download links reset, i always have gotten a response within 12 hours.

i just wanted to inform other fellow djs just so the same thing doesnt happen to you as well. if they advertise their next sale....which quite frankly they hardly ever have sales as it is....and they say sun-tuesday.....dont buy on tuesday.....its a scam......they probably figure lets switch it all back over to normal pricing on tuesday and they figure the customer will buy anyway cuz he/she just invested the countless hours listening to tracks they want and filling up their shopping cart....... well they didnt get my money, i pretty say they can go and "F" themselves unless i get a response from my emails.....

watch out for them on their next sale whenever it is.....
DJWALDO 8:47 AM - 30 July, 2009
that site was "ok" about 2 to 3 years ago.... now its just a matter of how many people can remix the same ole shit differently... theres only about 5 people on that site worth checking out...
DJ Sniffles 3:27 PM - 30 July, 2009
That's what you got for shopping there anyways =P
Logisticalstyles 4:03 PM - 30 July, 2009
Quote:
WTF!!! what a bunch of crooks!!! ....

Get it? Cooklyn Clan.
jnovakane 5:03 PM - 30 July, 2009
+1 on Sniffles comment
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:18 PM - 30 July, 2009
I've always just assumed if a sale ends Tuesday then that means there is no sale on Tuesday......I dout they have alot of cases where peole spend the whole sales period shopping then pay on the last day. It dosent sound crooked or schemelike at all to me since they showed u the new prices and u didn't purchase the new tracks ....damn the for ending a sale when they said they would! Lol
Dj-Bedtime 5:29 PM - 30 July, 2009
I will try to support the dj's/producers on CC and C4dj's every once and a great while....BUT I cant deal with all of the fucking Fatman Scoop samples in every Goddamn song.

I refuse to spend $3.99 to hear him say "here we go now...WHAT WHAT?!?!" 50 times in a row over a shitty hip hop or electro instrumental.

It's embarrasing playing a set and even though all the songs a dj plays are different---40% have the SAME FMS samples. Might as well play the same song.

It's all about Klutch Beat Boutique--lol.
Audio1 5:39 PM - 30 July, 2009
Hahhaa Thanks (Im part of Klutch Beat, for those who dont know). From My understanding, It was done at 12am when it hit Tuesday. My best advice is too grab what you need and purchase ASAP. I know there has been sales in the past where CC, Cracks & Rated-H all go down, due to high traffic volume.

There is some decent producers on these sites. Support the ones that actually put in quality work, Fuck the rest.
Dj-Bedtime 5:53 PM - 30 July, 2009
Well of course until I step into the producing game, I cant really talk too much shit but I promise when I do....ya'll can rest easy that my remixes should be FatMan Scoop free.

***Of course about 2 months later I'll run out of ideas and "Here we go now WHAT WHAT"?!?! will make an appearance
Audio1 6:01 PM - 30 July, 2009
I think I made 1-2 remixes in the past with FMS on em. At this point, Ive pretty much deleted everything with FMS on it. All good. Big ups the producers bringing some originality to the game.
DJ Unique 6:02 PM - 30 July, 2009
Quote:
***Of course about 2 months later I'll run out of ideas and "Here we go now WHAT WHAT"?!?! will make an appearance

HaHaHaHa...... that's funny.
DJ Unique 6:06 PM - 30 July, 2009
I'm curious to know how much producers get paid for their work from CC and such. How much per download?
Audio1 6:16 PM - 30 July, 2009
It depends on the producer and what type of deal they got for themselves. Obviously the more popular a remixer, The more the profit. I wont speak on numbers tho, publicly. It doesnt really matter tho. The day I post my new shit on Cracks, Its on some free mashup trading site the next. LOL
Audio1 6:17 PM - 30 July, 2009
or worst yet, Someone else puts their name on my work and claims it as their own on some other website. LOL
DJ Unique 6:29 PM - 30 July, 2009
Quote:
It depends on the producer and what type of deal they got for themselves. Obviously the more popular a remixer, The more the profit. I wont speak on numbers tho, publicly.

Without giving specifics on yourself, what do you think unknown producers would make per download? $1 per download? $2 per download?
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:32 PM - 30 July, 2009
I would aim that number a bit lower
Dj-Bedtime 7:04 PM - 30 July, 2009
U
Quote:

Most Definitely!! You dont put your tracks up on CC or yourremix etc to get rich---it's mostly to give your talents some exposure (or if you're not interested in that...just to simply give back and share your creations)

CC sells for $3.99 you can bet you're going to see about .25 of that. (someone has got to pay for the guy who writes all those nutty descriptions on each track)

Like Audio said...next day it's up on a blog and some dj's...ahem douchebags.... are stealing it and calling it their own. Tough business this remix game.
DJ Jonasty 8:54 PM - 30 July, 2009
I haven't found a good song on either of those sites for over a year. Played out if you ask me.
djmarvel 11:27 PM - 30 July, 2009
Quote:
U
Quote:

Most Definitely!! You dont put your tracks up on CC or yourremix etc to get rich---it's mostly to give your talents some exposure (or if you're not interested in that...just to simply give back and share your creations)

CC sells for $3.99 you can bet you're going to see about .25 of that. (someone has got to pay for the guy who writes all those nutty descriptions on each track)

Like Audio said...next day it's up on a blog and some dj's...ahem douchebags.... are stealing it and calling it their own. Tough business this remix game.

lol you get more the 25 cents, im not going to put what any of us cc or c4djs make but lets just say its for the exposure more then the money. you have to sell a shitload to make any decent money, since a good chunk of the money goes into the pockets of the site owners
Audio1 11:49 PM - 30 July, 2009
Quote:
I haven't found a good song on either of those sites for over a year. Played out if you ask me.
People always say this statement in public but hit me up via PM or email/myspace/twitter for tracks. Irony? LOL
Audio1 11:49 PM - 30 July, 2009
and Im not saying you, Jonasty, Just random folks in general.
G. Knapp 2:17 AM - 31 July, 2009
CC has Discotech, Klutch, Scooter, Rock-it Scientist, Hollaboys, Homicide. Tracks are always on point and hot!
Too bad Victor Menegaux doesn't release his tracks there anymore, props to StrictlyHits.com they have some good remixers, and there videos are tagless, thats HUGE!
G. Knapp 2:17 AM - 31 July, 2009
Sorry forgot about the Bladerunners
dreamkast 2:36 AM - 31 July, 2009
one thing I dont understand is how they can charge wayyyyyy more than the original costs. The actual artists their remixing done a hell of alot more work than they did into the product yet they charge more than the actual original, seems abit silly
Caramac 9:04 AM - 31 July, 2009
Lol so all the statements about paying for the time and effort it took to make the remix are utter bullshit then. Charging $4 and giving the artsits less then a quarter of that. Lol.
SiRocket 11:11 AM - 31 July, 2009
audio1... lemme get some free shit.. LOL! jk.....
Dj-Bedtime 6:48 PM - 31 July, 2009
Well when I quoted .25 cents--I was going off of what I had heard...but of course I dont have remixes up on CC so I cant really name deals like that....BUT.....a few folks did allude to the fact that I may not be far off for a brand new remixer to the site.

Either way....like other have said, you dont post your remixes to get rich---you post for the other perks that come with it (better chance at bookings, name reco, etc)

And yeah Audio.....I sent you a PM looking for the entire Klutch Beats library so I can post it on my blog. Thanks playa.
Audio1 7:09 PM - 31 July, 2009
Quote:
You get all my stuff, whatchu talking about?

Quote:
And yeah Audio.....I sent you a PM looking for the entire Klutch Beats library so I can post it on my blog. Thanks playa.
HAHAHA Its all out there on them illegal blogs, Sadly, but fuck it, Its all in the game.
Audio1 7:10 PM - 31 July, 2009
Quote:
Too bad Victor Menegaux doesn't release his tracks there anymore
Victor Menegaux releases all his stuff thru Strictly Hits now. Trust me, His new material is simply AMAZING!
SiRocket 10:10 PM - 31 July, 2009
:D
G. Knapp 10:47 PM - 31 July, 2009
Quote:
Quote:
Too bad Victor Menegaux doesn't release his tracks there anymore
Victor Menegaux releases all his stuff thru Strictly Hits now. Trust me, His new material is simply AMAZING!

+1
Too bad the Str8 hits site sucks, interface has to many layers just to preview a track.
Audio1 11:49 PM - 31 July, 2009
New site coming very soon. Thanks for dissing our site homie. RESPECT!
G. Knapp 3:35 AM - 1 August, 2009
NIce can't wait!
G. Knapp 3:36 AM - 1 August, 2009
No disrespect on the content, just the GUI site interface sucks.
SiRocket 4:06 AM - 1 August, 2009
Quote:
New site coming very soon. Thanks for dissing our site homie. RESPECT!

People are going to judge any site after they see how sick your myspace is homie!
Audio1 6:10 AM - 1 August, 2009
LOL
DjCee_ 7:57 PM - 10 July, 2011
i got ripped off on crooklyn clan before .. never bought again from there... it took my money but i got no track wtf is that...?
BattleFunk 8:33 PM - 10 July, 2011
what is an illegal blog?
FTheHaters1 1:33 AM - 11 July, 2011
Clearly this guy doesn't understand the concept of sale dates and who spends that much time looking for tracks? If you buy from them that much then you would be current with their new releases and wouldn't have to do so much browsing.

As far as Crooklyn Clan "ripping" you off, they don't send you the link until payment is received and your links are then available for download. Even if your download did no go through their customer support will reset the link so you may re-download the track. I highly doubt you were ripped off but I do consider you being too ignorant to follow up with Crooklyn Clan a more reasonable factor.

Now I have been following these forums for awhile under "Guest" for awhile and I am tired of everyone bashing the remix websites and its sad to say that everyone else seems to jump on the band wagon just to "fit in" on the forums.

Whether or not you would like to admit it, I am sure more than half of the working DJs who play at the usual Top-40 clubs/lounges have Crooklyn Clan tracks and/or purchases them.

No doubt about it some remixers put out more quality mixes than others. Some of which are original productions and very original and creative. While others lack insipration and create "segway" packs that are off key and offbeat.

if you look at Crooklyn Clan over the years the game has changed. Blend packs and party breaks used to be a hit. Then came the electro remixes and now dutch seems to be where the money is. Keep in mind the remixers are putting out tracks based on what the public keeps buying.

As far as samples, Lil Jon, Fatman Scoop and Pitbull are most commonly used because Mixaloop provides packets so its a lot simpler but as of recently I've seen more "on topic" hype being used for all the "party starters".

And as far as money goes the prices are rising and you can thank the artists themselves for that. Even notice how some well produced and original tracks sell for 4 or 5 dollars while others that didn't take much effort might be 2 or 3 dollars? I've heard a few different variations on how getting paid for tracks work so since I am not certain I won't speak on that.

Now as far as playing these remixes for the general public, mash-ups and remixes stand out. While many newer DJs usually overkill them due to not knowing any better they can really elevate your sets. I feel as though they really shine for opening sets since you are usually expected to play older music mixed with brand new music that hasn't reached the radio yet. I would rather hear a mash-up or blend of a 2009 song that I've heard thousands of times where the original would be boring to me.

As for the main set not many blends or remixes are needed since most people just want to hear the same exact song thats on the radio. However if you have a weekend residency they do help keep your sets fresh and updated. Nothing gets a crowd more than a DJ who is predictable.

True mash-ups work great as well. The popularity of hip-hop acapellas over house instrumentals are getting more popular and keep everyone happy when your club is "getting dark in here". As for other specialized gigs where you can have rock nights the classic hip-hop acapellas over rock instrumentals can help bring a diverse crowd together.

All in all, we all have these tracks, most of us buy them whether or not you are willing to admit it, and they elevate your sets if you know how to use them properly.

Crooklyn Clan is a business trying to make money just like any other business. Based on what sells now is what remixers are going to produce more later. Stop hating!!
BattleFunk 9:46 AM - 11 July, 2011
You must have made a mistake there due to your eyes teaming and your toy being too far away to reach.

let me fix that for you...

Quote:
Crooklyn Clan (and the other "Remix" services) is a business selling illegal, unofficial mixes of popular artists work. They have set up websites to sell bootleg music that they receive from mostly talentless kids who are trying to be the next Guetta, Tiesto or AM

You obviously work for or have your "work" on CC or you wouldnt have gone to the trouble of crying your fucking eyes out on a public forum. Good job you made an alias account so your "DJ/Producer Name" didnt get a bad rep for you being a whingy spineless cry baby.
Jsavino 12:07 PM - 11 July, 2011
my crooklyn clan packs i get for free>>>>>>>>your overly priced crooklyn clan songs
Crickett 12:55 PM - 11 July, 2011
Quote:
You must have made a mistake there due to your eyes teaming and your toy being too far away to reach.

Quote:
Crooklyn Clan (and the other "Remix" services) is a business selling illegal, unofficial mixes of popular artists work. They have set up websites to sell bootleg music that they receive from mostly talentless kids who are trying to be the next Guetta, Tiesto or AM

You obviously work for or have your "work" on CC or you wouldnt have gone to the trouble of crying your fucking eyes out on a public forum. Good job you made an alias account so your "DJ/Producer Name" didnt get a bad rep for you being a whingy spineless cry baby.

+1
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:26 PM - 11 July, 2011
Quote:

As far as Crooklyn Clan "ripping" you off, they don't send you the link until payment is received and your links are then available for download. Even if your download did no go through their customer support will reset the link so you may re-download the track. I highly doubt you were ripped off but I do consider you being too ignorant to follow up with Crooklyn Clan a more reasonable factor.

Acutually this has happened to me before and the customer service SUCKED, i purchased a video scratch sample, sent in the payment and the link showed up, i clicked the like and it said the file didnt exist, i wrote the customer service, explained the situation and they replied that they reset the link, i clicked the link again and got the same error message, i wrote the customer service and explained it again and they just replied they had already reset the link. I wrote them back explaining that they can reset the link as much as they wanted but it appears there is no file at the end of the link to recieve and all they did was reply that they reset the link and to try again. At that point i just gave up on it and chalked up the $2 to the game. The money isnt the issue its just the principle of horrible customer service.
FTheHaters1 1:56 PM - 11 July, 2011
Quote:

No mistake. Im sick of the losers who jump on the bandwagon.

Quote:

Im sure if you are a WORKING, NON-BEDROOM DJ you are subscribed to at least one Mp3 pool. I doubt that all these Mp3 pools have the proper licensing to make profit from the tracks that are put out. And some of these Mp3 pools are selling "illegal, unofficial remixes" too. Sure there are some artists like DJ Mighty Mi who absoutely put up garbage but then you have Discotech putting out well produced original productions. And they aren't trying to be the next "Guetta" or "Tiesto" even though some of those big name artists are playing their song.

Half of them would probably shit on you in a mix throwndown/scratch battle whatever you want to bring to the table.

Quote:

Im not crying my eyes out im simply making a point. It doesn't matter what my DJ/Producer name is or what I spin on and where because you would simply be changing the subject at hand.
FTheHaters1 2:00 PM - 11 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Acutually this has happened to me before and the customer service SUCKED, i purchased a video scratch sample, sent in the payment and the link showed up, i clicked the like and it said the file didnt exist, i wrote the customer service, explained the situation and they replied that they reset the link, i clicked the link again and got the same error message, i wrote the customer service and explained it again and they just replied they had already reset the link. I wrote them back explaining that they can reset the link as much as they wanted but it appears there is no file at the end of the link to recieve and all they did was reply that they reset the link and to try again. At that point i just gave up on it and chalked up the $2 to the game. The money isnt the issue its just the principle of horrible customer service.

Funny because I have been buying tracks from their for about 6 or 7 years and from the handful of times that I messed up downloading the link, I always managed to have them reset and I was able to download them.

If you haven't bought from them or barely bought from them, you can't really say the customer service is horrible.

I had a similar error when I bought from ExtremeMixes when it first came out and upon e-mailing them I never got a reply.
FTheHaters1 2:10 PM - 11 July, 2011
Quote:
my crooklyn clan packs i get for free>>>>>>>>your overly priced crooklyn clan songs

My crooklyn clan songs I get from blast e-mail packs from the artist with some unreleased mixes < your illegal blog that you either pay money to stay in or have to post tracks on a weekly basis to stay in

Who pays for music anymore? You can find anything you want for free over the internet. Sure some things might be harder to come by than others but its all there. I support Mp3 pools & select remix sites.

You can go through blogs or other forums and they all post monthly or bi-monthly "Crooklyn Packs" with mostly filtered "freebies" and the occasional bomb track or 2.

Same thing with studio acapellas. If you are a producer who makes any of these top selling mash-ups, remixes you are probably paying for a subscription with the various sites that offer them. They are plenty of free ones you could find but the new, rare ones you are only obtaining through that service or trading.

You don't have anything to blame but yourselves since I am sure most of you buy there whether or not you would openly admit to it. They put out what is selling for them and if you don't like it then don't buy it. Its as simple as that.

Also one of the bigger artists on Crooklyn Clan told me he can make up to 2,000 or 3,000 depending on a good week. Don't hate the player, hate the game.
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:24 PM - 11 July, 2011
Quote:

If you haven't bought from them or barely bought from them, you can't really say the customer service is horrible.

ive bought plenty from them, great site, great producers.....customer service sucks
FTheHaters1 2:27 PM - 11 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

ive bought plenty from them, great site, great producers.....customer service sucks

So one out of 100 doesn't sound too bad to me. It happens with all other businesses as well.
FTheHaters1 2:29 PM - 11 July, 2011
Quote:

Funny because a few remixers from that site put out their whole catalog for free on their twitter accounts and other social networking sites.
BattleFunk 5:24 PM - 11 July, 2011
Quote:
Im sick of the losers who jump on the bandwagon.

There is no bandwagon, the mixes are shit and the service is whack. End of. The majority of them cant even tell the difference between the warp algorithms in Ableton, let alone set it up properly.

Quote:
Half of them would probably shit on you in a mix throwndown/scratch battle whatever you want to bring to the table.

You lost the right to talk big as soon as you signed in with an alias.
Imagin 5:36 PM - 11 July, 2011
Quote:

Im not crying my eyes out im simply making a point. It doesn't matter what my DJ/Producer name is or what I spin on and where because you would simply be changing the subject at hand.

This provides the LULZ. It has no bearing on the subject but yet you lack the pride in your work to not use an alais on a website full of DJs because your scared we might call your personal work crap.
DJ Johnny Falvelo 9:09 PM - 11 July, 2011
Quote:

+1
The Real DJ Pauly D 9:13 PM - 11 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

+1

+1 who uses an alias to make a forum point, log in like a real man so we can know who we're dealing with.
Audio1 4:34 PM - 12 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Funny because a few remixers from that site put out their whole catalog for free on their twitter accounts and other social networking sites.
Welcome to 2009... That's how old this thread is. LOL
Audio1 4:36 PM - 12 July, 2011
Regarding Crooklyn/Cracks/Whatever: Everything is on the internet for FREE. If you really want something badly enough, You have 2 options:

1 - Google
2 - Contact the remixer directly.

#2 comes in handy if you have forged personal networking relationships/friendships with working producers and remixers. You will always have the newest stuff first. Shoutout ROCK-IT SCIENTISTS for always linking up the good, Free of cost!
Audio1 4:37 PM - 12 July, 2011
#1 - Everything is on Google. Trust me. Even the new tracks that drop every week, They are on Google. Even Riz and Siz are aware of this. As long as they make bread on their end, It's no biggie. A lot of these artists/remixers survive off their loyal fan bases. Is it right or wrong? That's up to you. For me, I checked out of the remix game a while back. I still do em and you can find my stuff for free on Google. LOL
dj2na 2:01 AM - 24 October, 2012
Yea its unfortunate I just became a VIP member today of the crack4djs website and they totally rip me off I had 21 credits for that pay to go bs and now its at 17 and cant even get into the site I emailed and no response so yeah kind of F sucks