Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Breaking News!!! Pioneer DDJ-XP2

musiclee 3:54 PM - 1 October, 2019
Djkom 5:09 PM - 1 October, 2019
Hum...i suppose this XP2 doesn't have the pad editor like in Rekordbox...having to press SHIFT+ PAD MODE 2 to access the loop rolls is cumbersome for me...

Expect the price (famous Serato Tax) this OSA is quite interesting, not because it's a breakthrough accessory, but it's the first time ever both branded RKDJ and SDJ gear....

Pioneer and Serato are officially re-engaged !

Can you smell a DJM S9mk2 coming with both SDJ and RKDJ compatibility ? πŸ˜…
Djkom 5:39 PM - 1 October, 2019
Smart move from Pioneer to gain djs into Rekordbox eco-system by the way because this xp2 comes also with Rekordbox Dj + DVS license
Despo 8:11 PM - 1 October, 2019
Quote:
Hum...i suppose this XP2 doesn't have the pad editor like in Rekordbox...having to press SHIFT+ PAD MODE 2 to access the loop rolls is cumbersome for me...

Expect the price (famous Serato Tax) this OSA is quite interesting, not because it's a breakthrough accessory, but it's the first time ever both branded RKDJ and SDJ gear....

Uh the regular s9 already works natively with rb and sdj
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:37 AM - 2 October, 2019
DJM S9 MK2 definitely looking likely or a refreshed DJM909 if they want to go head to head with the Rane 72.

1. Independent pad modes
2. Internal FX and Hardware FX layering
the SOUNDINSURGENT 2:40 AM - 3 October, 2019
This is proof how Pioneer is just screwing us all over every time they put a controller for SDJ and the same one for RB with a different nameπŸ€¦πŸΎβ€β™‚οΈ

Every damn one of their controllers is fully capable of working with both programs but someone somewhere along the Pio/SDJ chain is laughing at us all because they know we’ll still buy their shit.....

It’s time to start standing up and demanding more as consumers πŸ€”
DJ SYZER 4:06 AM - 3 October, 2019
We had a great mapping for the Pioneer XP-1 going now this happends Pioneer is doing it on purpose to generate more money from the same item and they are using Serato why they are at it.
DJ Marv the Maverick 4:29 AM - 3 October, 2019
Pioneer is running a business lol.

And I think this strategy is going to make them a boat load of money or get more people to switch to rekordbox

Either way....they are making bank
Ragman 4:35 AM - 3 October, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, it does. I don't know what he's talking about.
DJ SYZER 4:37 AM - 3 October, 2019
That's true I can't speak on Rekordbox because I haven't tried it yet, Hopefully Serato plays they're cards right because at the end of the day like DJ Marv says it's a business nothing personal.I truly hope that Serato steps their game up quickly before Rekordbox takes over.
Djkom 8:30 AM - 3 October, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, it does. I don't know what he's talking about.

You need Rekordbox DJ license to make the S9 works with RKDJ πŸ˜‰
You know that every mixer that has a usb sound card is compatible with RKDJ, right ?
But no mixer yet is branded both Serato and Rekordbox like the XP2, you get it ?
Ragman 5:42 PM - 4 October, 2019
Okay got it.
dj Dopekut 6:21 AM - 16 December, 2019
Quote:
DJM S9 MK2 definitely looking likely or a refreshed DJM909 if they want to go head to head with the Rane 72.

lol why would they, the S9 is killing it compared to 72. Just look at how few dj's switched from the s9 to 72.
dj triple 7 4:23 AM - 29 December, 2019
Couldn't we just get the mapping file and just add it to DDJ-XP1.. The same way DJ SYZER and crew created for DDJ-XP1
DJ SYZER 5:56 AM - 25 April, 2020
It was fun and frustrating at the same time mapping the XP-1 but I ended up selling my XP-1 and I'm upgraded to the XP-2. The XP-2 is perfect the way it is out the box not to mention you still have 2 empty Banks to midi map if you really want to retweek it even more.