Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

flashing lights and audio distortion

Jake Lisle 7:22 PM - 30 September, 2019
I'm currently mixing on my pioneer DDJ SB3's that i got at Christmas which is paired with Serato DJ lite. after a while i noticed that maybe 30 minutes into a set, my controller's buttons start to flash and there is a drastic decrease in audio quality. my controller came with a three year warranty which i obviously used to send my decks back as i was adamant it was a problem with the controller itself. however upon inspection, Pioneer decided there was no fault with the controller. this has led me to conclude that it must be something other than my decks which is causing the issue. I use an HP pavillion which has an i5 processor so is quite a good laptop so i dont think that would be the case as well. the USB connector must not be the problem either because pioneer would have realised this. One forum said that another person had this exact problem and the upgrade to Serato DJ pro fixed the issue. could this be the reason it keeps faulting? or is there anything else i need to consider before upgrading to the full software. ive also changed RCA cable's several times as well as speakers. any help is greatly appreciated
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 3:38 AM - 1 October, 2019
Hi Jake,

Sorry to hear you're having problems! Our Support Team can help you with this, the best way to reach them is to open a help request -> support.serato.com (click link).

Cheers,
Michael.
The_B_Man_OG 7:59 AM - 23 October, 2019
I have the same problem and I have quite a good computer... if you are on windows go to task manager, when you have serato dj lite open, and you can see how much of the CPU is being used up. I don't know that mac alternitive to task manager but if your CPU is near or above 75% it is the quality of your computer. I got mine servised too and it didn't fix anything just like you...
makkuso 5:19 PM - 25 October, 2019
What i5 do you have? Just i5 doesn't mean it's good... Other computer specs?
The_B_Man_OG 12:03 AM - 31 October, 2019
I don't know sorry. intel core i5 7th gen if that helps?...
makkuso 9:14 AM - 31 October, 2019
2core i5's just aren't enough to run serato without problems...