DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

New Rane or Pioneer Mixers

Stetheboro 8:57 PM - 29 September, 2019
Are there any announcements for new Rane or Piioneer Serato enabled mixers at all?

I'm in the shopping for a new mixer and ditching my DDJ SR2 as I primarily use it as a mixer with my Technics.

I'm thinking about a Pioneer DJM S-9 but not keen on dropping all that money on a mixer that old and then a new one be released. I wint be ready to buy until after Christmas.
Culprit 1:51 AM - 30 September, 2019
I would wait until NAMM 2020 to make any purchases
Mr. Goodkat 2:04 AM - 30 September, 2019
its about time for a new s9 ?
Stetheboro 10:45 AM - 30 September, 2019
I'm good with a new S9 as hopegully the current will drop in price.
Culprit 2:15 PM - 30 September, 2019
Quote:
I'm good with a new S9 as hopegully the current will drop in price.

Pioneer is really good at depleting unit stock with either buyer incentive programs, disengaging inventory and overnight sales discounts.

If on Black Friday you see a deal breaker sale on pioneer so units that will be the first sign
dj_soo 9:39 PM - 1 October, 2019
It does seem time for a new S9 so naturally pioneer will probably release a rekordbox-only R9 or something
Djkom 9:52 PM - 1 October, 2019
Quote:
It does seem time for a new S9 so naturally pioneer will probably release a rekordbox-only R9 or something

The newly announced DDJ XP2 indicates Pioneer wants or needs Serato partneship.
Making a Rekordbox only scratch mixer might be risky for Pioneer so I think the next one will probably be both SDJ and RKDJ compatible
dj_soo 10:28 PM - 1 October, 2019
could happen, maybe not. I feel like the popularity of the 1000SRT may have renewed pioneer's enthusiasm of working with Serato, but an add-on controller is different from a full flagship mixer.

Maybe this little experiment with separating the hardware to rekordbox and serato is coming to an end?
DJMIYAGI 11:10 PM - 1 October, 2019
My guess would be a successor to the S9 and a Rane 74 if anything.
Culprit 11:40 PM - 1 October, 2019
i a little overwhelmed with the amount of product available at the moment lol. I am not a full time dj though, so if I could justify the equipment upgrades with tax write off's believe me I would be making solid purchases every qtr
dj_soo 12:52 AM - 2 October, 2019
I doubt you’ll see a 4 channel Rane mixer. The 68/64 was never particularly popular and it would be directly competing with the denon x1800.

The 72 still has room for improvement that could easily happen with more firmware updates as well.

I’d rather see a Rane Ten.