DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Need New faders for TTM57

nick v 3:05 PM - 29 July, 2009
Ok I went to rane.com to purchase new faders for two different 57's that i use..Well all i found was this

The FT 45 Fader is a replacement 45 mm fader for the TTM 52, TTM 52i, TTM 54 and TTM 54i mixers only. It will not work in any other Rane mixer. It may replace either of the two channel faders or the crossfader.

WTF..wheres the replacements for ttm57???no where on their faders and crossfaders section does it have replacement parts..
nobspangle 4:44 PM - 29 July, 2009
TTM57 faders are supposed to last the lifetime of the mixer. What's up with yours?
Rane, Support
Shaun W 4:54 PM - 29 July, 2009
What's going on with your faders? As nobspangle posted above, the non-contact faders should never wear out.

Taken from the Rane FAQ:
Quote:
*How can I order a spare fader for my TTM 56?

We do not sell the complete fader for this mixer. It is not necessary to replace the entire fader. As a service spare part, the carrier assembly (part number 13188) is available. it consists of the Delrin housing, with magnet installed and pre-aligned torsion spring. This three-piece entity is all that will be necessary for field repairs. Any work beyond replacement of the carrier needs to be done here at the Rane factory. TTM 56 mixers are Factory Service Only so parts and schematics are not available outside the factory.

*The fader doesn't feel right. It seems to stick or bounce back a little. What can I do? Can I take out the spring or adjust it?

Oiling is the best way to address a fader drag problem. Remove the face plate and apply lubricant to the support rod near the spring. If the rod is dirty, carefully clean with a lint free cloth before lubricating. A great way to polish the rods and remove accumulated contaminants is to tear off a strip of newspaper wide enough to fit around the exposed length of rod, and wrap it around the shaft. Then you can pull strip back and forth to buff the rod (think of it like polishing a shoe, but in reverse). Once this is done, the dirt will have been wiped away and a clean stainless shaft is ready for oiling. We recommend true silicone lubricant, commonly available at hardware stores and automotive parts retailers. Sewing machine oil is probably okay. Bending the spring may permanently damage it, and will void your warranty. When performing any maintenance, use common sense and proceed very carefully.

For those who wish to obtain almost zero drag on the fader, gently push the spring downwards towards the circuit board, and rotate out from under the rod, then release. The spring will be above the rod and not making contact. This setting allows the fader to move more easily. This can make controlled fading difficult, because the fader moves freely when released. You will not hurt the fader operating it this way. Small mechanical parts are easily damaged, so use care when lubricating or moving the spring.

*I cleaned / lubricated the fader and it feels better, but now it won't turn off all the way (bleeds) when I have the contour set to fastest cutoff. What happened?

The hall sensor got pushed (bent) and is now too far from the magnet. Look for a small black plastic device --- about 1/8" square --- just below the rods at each end of the fader, mounted on the circuit board. It needs to be perpendicular to the PCB. If the sensor has been "bumped" during cleaning / lubrication, then it will not be close enough for the magnet to "turn off" the fader completely, resulting in bleed. Fix the problem by gently bending the sensor towards the middle of the fader, closer to the magnet. It doesn't take much movement to get it correct, so proceed carefully. A paper clip used gently works well, as will a very small screwdriver. If you break the sensor off, you'll need to get another fader so be extra cautious.
djdannyd 6:42 PM - 30 July, 2009
wanna spend some $$$ get an innofader
obi 2:56 PM - 9 April, 2011
i tried sending my fader in since it no longer sounds as sharp as i did when i first got it but rane told me i have to send them the whole mixer just to replace the crossfader i thought i could just send the fader since it would be cheaper than sending the whole mixer. i tried all of your tips on adjusting the sensor's & it still sounds the same i did get it a lil sharper but then my video sl screen wouldn't cross all the way over. just sell a replacement fader & make us all happy
Rane, Support
Shaun W 4:03 PM - 10 April, 2011
Quote:
i tried sending my fader in since it no longer sounds as sharp as i did when i first got it but rane told me i have to send them the whole mixer just to replace the crossfader i thought i could just send the fader since it would be cheaper than sending the whole mixer. i tried all of your tips on adjusting the sensor's & it still sounds the same i did get it a lil sharper but then my video sl screen wouldn't cross all the way over. just sell a replacement fader & make us all happy

Please shoot me a PM and I'll help get things sorted for you :)
publico 7:11 PM - 8 May, 2011
just sell a replacement fader & make us all happy

the weakest link in the system is the plastic screw mount. mine broke this should be a 5 min fix....but it isnt is it.
come on rane
just cause they are "supposed to last a lifetime" doesnt mean they do
terrible1fi 9:04 PM - 8 May, 2011
publico 11:42 PM - 8 May, 2011
thanks terrible,
but that is not a screw mount
publico 11:43 PM - 8 May, 2011
essentially the thing is held i place by a plastic nut. which breaks. but not replacable?
Rane, Support
Shaun W 6:22 PM - 9 May, 2011
Quote:
just sell a replacement fader & make us all happy

We do sell replacement non-contact faders :)

Give us a ring and order one 425-355-6000 p/n 17379 at $50 each.
Rane, Support
Shaun W 6:24 PM - 9 May, 2011
If you need only the end blocks for your faders, order only the end blocks p/n 17380 at $1.32 each
publico 6:47 PM - 9 May, 2011
shaun,
you are awsome. exactly what i needed and the rane staff was very nice and very helpfull.
you guys are still, and seemingly always will be, the best mixer co. in the game.
sincerely
publico
Rane, Support
Shaun W 9:16 PM - 9 May, 2011
Quote:
shaun,
you are awsome. exactly what i needed and the rane staff was very nice and very helpfull.
you guys are still, and seemingly always will be, the best mixer co. in the game.
sincerely
publico

Thank you for using Rane mixers :)
djmikeuiz 5:14 AM - 25 November, 2011
were can i buy the end blocks ?
Rane, Support
Shaun W 12:26 AM - 29 November, 2011
Please e-mail someone at Rane and let them know you need endblocks for your faders.

Rane contact > rane.com
DJ Wade-West 4:13 PM - 30 November, 2011
Shaun's the frickin man, man
DJ Johnny Falvelo 12:16 AM - 6 December, 2011
I need a replacement NC Fader PN 15160 B Can I buy that directly from Rane or do I have to buy one ob e-bay?
Rane, Support
Zach S 12:52 AM - 6 December, 2011
Johnny.. give us a call and we'll sort it out:)
DJ Johnny Falvelo 2:25 PM - 6 December, 2011
Thanks Zach. Is there a US number I could call?
Rane, Support
Zach S 7:22 PM - 8 December, 2011
Shaun linked to it above:)
mayna 10:46 PM - 31 January, 2012
Hi,
can you give me the contact for Italy or Europe where I can found the replacement eplacement NC Fader PN 15160 B?
Thanks
Rane, Support
Shaun W 12:48 AM - 1 February, 2012
Rane International Distributors > rane.com
nuwave_afro 8:35 AM - 4 February, 2012
Quote:
If you need only the end blocks for your faders, order only the end blocks p/n 17380 at $1.32 each

how do i know if i need endblocks or the entire fader?

also, same p/n for crossfader and channel faders?

thanks much
Rane, Support
Shaun W 11:08 PM - 6 February, 2012
Remove the decor plate covering your faders and make sure each of the endblocks are intact. If any are broken, you simply need new endblocks. If all are OK, then you may need a new fader.
Rane, Support
Shaun W 11:10 PM - 6 February, 2012
The endblocks hold the stainless steel rails > www.google.com
Rane, Support
Shaun W 11:10 PM - 6 February, 2012
The one's pictured above are the old style, just so you know :)
fasuto 12:33 PM - 17 February, 2012
RANE TTM57SL, I need the FADER CONTOUR, , there are 3 of them on the TTM57sl, They are labeled as: FADER 1 CONTOUR, CROSSFADER CONTOUR, and FADER 2 CONTOUR, plus the headphone contour label P1 - P2; These are all the same. tHEY ARE SOLDERABLE PARTS. but Rane DENIES to sell them OR REFFER TO A SUBSTITUTE PART. (These are carbon base potentiometers that are the direct couse of the CHANNEL BAR FADERS (3 OF THEM LOCATED ON THE LOWEST PART OF THE TTM57SL) POOR PERFORMACE AFTER A WHILE.) Need a place or link to purchase these fader contours.
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:03 PM - 17 February, 2012
The TTM57 is a factory service only unit. We do not send out those parts.
You will need to send the mixer in to get serviced.
Contact us here and we'll get you sorted --> serato.com
fasuto 9:24 PM - 17 February, 2012
That is what I stated originally. Get me sorted to what a $425 charge just to to send you the unit for analysis, that is abusive. People get together, rane is not excempt from our business laws and requirements. Laws governing the sale of item's parts in the usa, the state of washington must have them to protect the cosumer against monopolies of this sort. As a manufactor of a comsumer product you must provide the availabily of an internal component for repair of a product you manufacture, specially if it is still being sold. Rane has permits issued by the govermental agencies that require all maufacturers to provide internal components to repair a comsumer product. As an example; Sears use to do this to consumers until a class action suit was won. Will update on litigation agains this company and it's desire to abuse the consumer. They ither provide the parts for sale at a justify price or their license to conduct business in the USA, specially in Washington will be revoke. End these compies abuses to consumers as for now,, DON'T BUY THEIR JUNK... IF IT CAN'T BE REPAIRED OUTSIDE THEIR FACILITY WITHOUT THEIR ABUSIVE CHARGES, BOYCOTT THEIR PRODUCTS,... DON'T BE A CHUMP!
fasuto 9:32 PM - 17 February, 2012
Their fader contour is an alps type potentiometer 20k Ohms X2 Resistance Readings are from the slider all the way to the left at 470 up in resistace to middle at1600, then going down in resistance to all thay to the right to zero. Alps 103C-20KBx2 will do within 2% of this reading same size 35mm long/8mm wide/7mm high/lever length varies from 8mm to 12mm. Dump Rane.