Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Mixars Primo Jog Wheel calibration issue

Circa86 6:23 PM - 22 September, 2019
After completing the latest firmware update I am not having any success calibrating my jog wheels for my Mixars Primo. I have tried both auto and manual following Mixar's directions. In manual, it says the middle jog wheel logo will light up when it senses being touched. It is not, even with increasing and decreasing sensitivity by using the pitch bend.

The jog wheels were working correctly prior to the firmware update, but not the pitch bend which is why I updated. Now the pitch bend is functioning, but not the jog wheels.

Any ideas on if I am doing something wrong? Thanks in advanced.
DJ Tecniq 7:46 PM - 22 September, 2019
Did you try this from their website?
www.mixars.com
DJ Tecniq 7:48 PM - 22 September, 2019
If that fails then try this with the latest firmware update as it’s an old video.
youtu.be
Circa86 8:24 PM - 22 September, 2019
I went from 1.14 down to 1.13 and it is now working. There's must be something up with the latest firmware when they added in the manual option. Thanks again for all the help Tecniq. FINALLY up and running and get to test the Primo out!
NukeBox 6:20 PM - 1 October, 2019
Quote:
I went from 1.14 down to 1.13 and it is now working. There's must be something up with the latest firmware when they added in the manual option. Thanks again for all the help Tecniq. FINALLY up and running and get to test the Primo out!

Can confirm, 1.14 messes up jogs pretty bad. Does anyone know how to report this to mixars?
NukeBox 6:36 PM - 1 October, 2019
Update: if you install 1.14 on 1.13 firmware it's actually won't f-up the jogwheels. And one more thing: i recommend to set up sensitivity in manual mode and THEN use auto-calibration. Fully manual config is still somewhat glitchy
dynamho 2:45 AM - 13 November, 2019
Had 1.12 firmware then updated to 1.14. Had issues so I downgraded to 1.13. Still had issues to I updated to 1.14 again. Still having issues (specifically if I hold the jog wheel down while playing a track it play in a choppy fashion). Anyone else getting this or know how to fix this?
NukeBox 8:51 AM - 13 November, 2019
Quote:
Had 1.12 firmware then updated to 1.14. Had issues so I downgraded to 1.13. Still had issues to I updated to 1.14 again. Still having issues (specifically if I hold the jog wheel down while playing a track it play in a choppy fashion). Anyone else getting this or know how to fix this?

Did you auto-calibrate jogs?
dynamho 9:28 PM - 13 November, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Yes. I followed your post about manually calibrating and then auto.
NukeBox 2:48 AM - 14 November, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Should work then. Actually support says this word-to-word. Try to reinstall 1.13 again. It resets something in the unit (support's claim). If it won't help i suggest you either contact their support via facebook (email won't work), or return unit, as it seems mixars isn't very keen on fixing their stuff.
dynamho 4:34 AM - 15 November, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Should work then. Actually support says this word-to-word. Try to reinstall 1.13 again. It resets something in the unit (support's claim). If it won't help i suggest you either contact their support via facebook (email won't work), or return unit, as it seems mixars isn't very keen on fixing their stuff.

I tried reinstalling to 1.13 and recalibrating following their instructions found here and still no dice:
mixars.com
My problem is that the track will slowly play in a choppy fashion when holding down the jog wheel. Even further, when I try to baby scratch on the track is seems to interpret both back and forward motions as simply back. I will reach out to them via facebook and email.

Thank you for your time.
NukeBox 7:19 AM - 15 November, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I tried reinstalling to 1.13 and recalibrating following their instructions found here and still no dice:
mixars.com
My problem is that the track will slowly play in a choppy fashion when holding down the jog wheel. Even further, when I try to baby scratch on the track is seems to interpret both back and forward motions as simply back. I will reach out to them via facebook and email.

Thank you for your time.

I know a little lifehack: while holding right jog try to touch metallic body of controller like in this video. If it'll help than you have grounding issue.

www.facebook.com
dynamho 4:24 AM - 16 November, 2019
Here's the response I received from the Mixars team via Facebook:

Thanks for contacting us and purchasing Primo!
You might try to install an older firmware such as 1.13 and then the most recent 1.14 as it resets some internal parameters of Primo. .jar Firmware updater app and the .bin firware update files can be found here: mixars.com
The update instructions are in the manual, also to be found on our website: mixars.com

After the FW update the Jog Wheel calibration has to be performed (which should solve the issue) First auto, then manual trying various sensitivity settings following the instructions
mixars.com

Also doublecheck that the latest version of Serato is installed. www.serato.com and to use the AC adaptor instead of just USB.

In case you still get issues after troubleshooting feel free to let us know or send a small video so we can show it to our technical team.

Best!
Your Mixars Team
www.mixars.com

Tried the above and still no luck. I am experiencing the same grounding issue as you link in the video.
dynamho 4:35 AM - 16 November, 2019
Here's the response I received from the Mixars team via Facebook:

Quote:
Thanks for contacting us and purchasing Primo!
You might try to install an older firmware such as 1.13 and then the most recent 1.14 as it resets some internal parameters of Primo. .jar Firmware updater app and the .bin firware update files can be found here: mixars.com
The update instructions are in the manual, also to be found on our website: mixars.com

After the FW update the Jog Wheel calibration has to be performed (which should solve the issue) First auto, then manual trying various sensitivity settings following the instructions
mixars.com

Also doublecheck that the latest version of Serato is installed. www.serato.com and to use the AC adaptor instead of just USB.

In case you still get issues after troubleshooting feel free to let us know or send a small video so we can show it to our technical team.

Best!
Your Mixars Team
www.mixars.com

Still getting the issue.
NukeBox 8:51 AM - 16 November, 2019
Quote:
I am experiencing the same grounding issue as you link in the video.

Well then you'll need ungrounded adapter on your notebook plug, and as you seen in the video, apparently it is fixable by setting your hand in this fashion. You can even scratch like that (i checked)). Aaand you either kick support to ACTUALLY recognize this as issue (they tried to told about video "it is normal, you just changing your body properties")), or return your unit. Roland was quicker to realize they f-up, i'm still hoping Mixard won't pull Denon on us and not leave all "as is"
dynamho 4:10 AM - 19 November, 2019
Here's their follow up:

Quote:

Thanks for contacting us an purchasing Primo.
As its a capacitive touch sensor if you touch another metal object and change your capacity of the body, the result can be different.
However we suggest to do the Jog calibration again, first auto, then manual, trying different sensitivity settings. Also make sure to be using the AC adaptor and to have grounded plugs.
in case you still get issues also after troubleshooting feel free to send us a small video of your issue and the serial number of the unit so we can check with the factory. In case there should be a defect you can get in touch with your national Mixars distributor who takes care of service, aftersales and warranty. For the U.S. it's Mixware LLC (CA) www.mixware.net +1 818-578-4030
Best!
Your Mixars Team
www.mixars.com
DJ Tecniq 6:45 AM - 19 November, 2019
Pretty solid response from them. If you do have jogwheel issues I would get to sending them a video of an example otherwise keep your faulty unit or sell it.
NukeBox 7:14 AM - 19 November, 2019
Actually THAT is what i wanted. They asked my unit's serial too, and i sincerely hope they're really conducting some sort of investigation. Maybe they'll even be able to finally find source of the problem. And even actually fix it. You really should do the video and send em' with your serial. And so should everyone with problems. And about grounding on plugs they're right, that's a thing. I wouldn't sell unit if at least, not tried adapter for notebook plug. This thing is definitely cheaper than what you'll pay for pioneer SR2
dynamho 4:45 AM - 20 November, 2019
Yup. I did send the requested video and serial. Potentially good news ahead!

Quote:

Ciao Jordan.
Thanks for the info.
After verifying with the factory, a new firmware will be released in the next 2 days which will fix the issue.
Please hold tight.
Thanks a lot and have a great day!
Your Mixars Team
www.mixars.com
DJ Tecniq 5:24 AM - 20 November, 2019
Quote:
Ciao Jordan.
Thanks for the info.
After verifying with the factory, a new firmware will be released in the next 2 days which will fix the issue.
Please hold tight.
Thanks a lot and have a great day!
Your Mixars Team
www.mixars.com
Very interesting. I’ll be sure to not do the update as I have not had any issues yet.
DJ Tecniq 5:48 AM - 20 November, 2019
However I still have had my right side filter not want to work at all...it is random cause it doesn’t happen every time. Very odd.
NukeBox 6:17 AM - 20 November, 2019
Well, looks like they're decided not to pull Denon on us, and that is really good. If jogwheel problem gets resolved then we'll get pure gold: decently priced, good sounding, 2ch controller with aux input and full sized pitch. What there is left to be desired?
However i would still get that adapter, if i were you. Just in case.
@ Dj Tecniq: maybe that one will be resolved too in this update. Or if not, then maybe we should continue sending them feedback. Looks like they will listen if you're persistent enough
DJ Tecniq 6:22 AM - 20 November, 2019
^ word I’m going to take a video clip of my issue with the filter...it’s hard to diagnose cause it does not happen every gig it’s so random. But the left side never has issues.
Res-Q 2:22 PM - 29 November, 2019
Still love this controler

I gotta say I didnt have any jogwheel issues since i updated to the latest firmaware and did the manual calibration.
FYI my calibration setting on the jogwheel led is 1 step before the last

Other than that no issues with filters or grounding.

Using it in Europe with 220AC voltage and on a mbp pro.
DJ Tecniq 10:32 AM - 20 December, 2019
Update: I found my filter got mapped somehow. I remember I tried to map it for Serato’s filter but wasn’t successful so I thought I unmapped it back I guess the right side was mapped full kill so the filter would never work. It’s now working fine again but I have had the opposite deck set a cue point when I’m using the non playing deck.
wingcomm 8:04 AM - 24 December, 2021
I'm still having these issues and I'm using a grounded adapter. Anyone else?