Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

DJ over internet as if in same room

Kristian W 10:22 PM - 19 September, 2019
Hey Everyone,

Hope this isn’t a duplicate post and already covered.

Does anyone have any experience with using Serato over the internet to DJ with friends in different countries? I want to play and maybe record live sets with my friends as if we were in the same room but are in different countries. I know there are some other platforms that offer this type of thing.

Anyone have any advice on how to set this up or have a recommendation on best practices?

Thanks everyone.

K
deejdave 10:44 PM - 19 September, 2019
This would be nothing more than facebook streaming a live set and the sort......
Kristian W 1:47 AM - 20 September, 2019
Quote:
This would be nothing more than facebook streaming a live set and the sort......

Maybe I’m not clear with my question. What I want to do is to spin back to back with some mates overseas. I want to be able to mix back to back live as if we were all in the same room using the same equipment. Like using “jamkazzam” (which I’m not promoting or endorsing - never used it).

We all use Serato so that’s gotta be the input. Just wondering if anyone has any experience in setting something like this up or if they can recommend something that’s worked for them.

Thanks!
K
Serato, Support
Mike.C 3:44 AM - 20 September, 2019
The only thing that springs to mind is to use Ableton Link in Serato, though this relies on you all being connected to the same network (though you may be able to figure out a way of doing this). serato.com