Serato Studio General Discussion

Talk about anything Serato Studio, music production, plugins and supported hardware

Serato Studio iOS Port

Frnck 10:08 AM - 19 September, 2019
Hi,

So my thoughts on Serato Studio are all over the place. I see who you guys target with this. DJs that have been using Serato DJ and have minimal (not mandatory) knowledge about audio production. And that's totally cool. But, I think you kind of missed the platform. You see, I tried Serato Studio on my PC but somehow I always ended up in my Ableton. Thats the problem with PC/Mac platform. There all ready is the standard for beat making, and they are big daws like earlier mentioned Ableton, ProTools, FL Studio which has like gazillion tutorials online. New producers always try FL. But, on the other hand there is iOS and now newly announced iPad OS which I think should be your next target. You see. There is no good beat making app on the go. And Serato Studio might just perfectly fit in. I am on the go. I make a beat/idea. Then I export it to my fully fledged DAW and finish it at home. iOS/iPadOS even supports hardware like Roli Blocks which is match made in heaven for something like this. Anyways, I am on the bus right now traveling... So I am just going to make some beats on my laptop, which is not easy to operate unlike iPad. Hope you guys consider my proposal. Thanks!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Phil C 10:39 PM - 19 September, 2019
Thanks Frnck,

Great suggestion - I can see where you are coming from. iPad support is something we've considered but is a big commitment and we wanted to be focused, so for now Studio is focused on PC/Mac.

There are a few options available on iPad - iMaschine for example is pretty established and probably the closest to what you are talking about. If you get a chance to try it out, let us know if it's lacking something you think we could do better.
Lawkyz 8:34 PM - 21 July, 2021
Hello

Can you consider to release on iPad ? Imaschine is not close, it’s fun but so limited. Only 4 tracks, no timestretch, no au 3 integration… beatmaker 3 is the best app for iPad to make beats for sure, but many people use iPad to make music and I’m sure Serato studio has a place of choice on the ecosystem
hajnal_endot 9:16 PM - 14 August, 2021
I'd consider Koala or iMPC Pro 2 or the closest, really, but it doesn't have the workflow that we as Serato users have drilled into our brains (Koala being more 404-like). The cue point workflow is brilliant, and would be a perfect fit for the iPad, complementing its broad suite of non-sample-based musical tools.
Lawkyz 10:27 AM - 19 August, 2021
I use a lot Beatmaker 3 as my main app to make Beats on iPad, and also Koala (because I'm also a SP404 / sp 303 users). I can manage everything on my iPad with this 2 apps + some AUV3 plugins (instruments and effects) BUT I'd love to have Serato studio or sample to have a powerful other sampler ( Serato Sample is the one)

Hope dev will release a version for iPad os :)