Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Computer Issue

DJ Underdog 2:20 AM - 19 September, 2019
I’ve been trying to troubleshoot and ask around so I appreciate anyone’s help in advance.

I have a 2014 MacBook Pro. 256 gb w 8 gb of ram. Mojave and the most recent Pro DJ. I use a Pioneer S9, two Technics and Phase now for the past two months.

I DJ mostly weddings and corporate events. During cocktail hour this past weekend I noticed it sounded like someone was adjusting the pitch at certain points of the song. It played fine internal mode. The songs would just take off with bpms ranging seeming to be plus 10 but not showing on the computer. Even +/- 2 changes would take a long time to show on the songs display. I switched out to needles, records swapped and then switched to my backup computer. I restarted the original one with no luck. Everything worked fine with the backup computer. No issues whatsoever.

There were no physical or visual signs with the computer (ex: heat, alerts in Serato). Am I missing something obvious? It would seem to me that signs point back to the original computer.

I appreciate any help.
musiclee 2:57 AM - 19 September, 2019
To start, if you’re doing this seriously or playing super important gigs like weddings
I would recommend you IMMEDIATELY upgrade your RAM to a minimum of 16gb. I would max it at 32gb
I assume that 256gb HD is an SSD if not change it out ASAP. Lol
DJ Tecniq 7:28 AM - 19 September, 2019
Quote:
I assume that 256gb HD is an SSD if not change it out ASAP. Lol
It’s a 2014 so it def has an ssd. However it sounds like he recently updated to Mojave. I’m still on Sierra w/o issues. I’ve never trusted software updates so i always fresh install the OS.
DJ Underdog 1:38 PM - 29 September, 2019
Addressed both the ram and then the software. So far so good. Thanks!