Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

DDJ SX3 and Serato DJ (NOT Serato DJ Pro

Con 8:27 PM - 18 September, 2019
I have a number of laptops I use with Serato DJ and DJ pro. 1 is a Macbbok Pro running os X 10.11, and 1 is an intel i3 PC running windows 7.

Unfortunately, all of them exhibit momentary glitches when running DJ Pro so I still use Serato DJ v1.75 without any issue at all.

I recently bought a new Pioneer DDJ SX3 only to find that I cannot use it with Serato DJ and so I'm forced to use DJ Pro.

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to use the Pioneer SX3 controller with any version of Serato DJ (NOT Serato DJ PRO!). If so can you direct me to a document/instructions on how to achieve this?
Serato, Support
Mike.C 9:23 PM - 18 September, 2019
Hey Con,

Unfortunately this just isn't possible. Since the DDJ-SX3 was only mapped for Serato DJ Pro using any software older than that will mean that the mapping file doesn't exist.

The earliest software version you can use with the DDJ-SX3 is SDJ Pro 2.0.3.

You could manually map controls to the older version of Serato DJ, but because that software doesn't know that this device exists it will not bring SDJ online or have any audio routing. It's also not possible to map every parameter of the software manually.

If you're having problems using your existing Macs and SDJ Pro then try optimising the machines as a first step, and increase the USB buffer size in the software.

support.serato.com
DJ Tecniq 7:17 AM - 19 September, 2019
SX3 has been recalled and from a few users that did the recall fix unfortunately still ended up having issues with the controller/software
DJ Tecniq 7:19 AM - 19 September, 2019
More info regarding the recall here. Hopefully your unit isn’t affected but starting to sound like it.
www.pioneerdj.com
Con 7:22 AM - 19 September, 2019
Thanks for the info Mike and DJ Tecniq. I thought as much. Will ry your recommendations tonight and see how I go.