Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Question regarding recording mix in DB4 through Serato DJ Pro

Robert Pointer 4:59 PM - 18 September, 2019
Hey peoples!

Quick question. I have Serato DJ Pro with Xone:DB4. I'd like to record my mix out, but when I choose the drop down options I only get single channel options for recording (and video mix out), but not overall master out.

Anyone know why that might be the case?

Is it disabled for full mix out on the DB4 due to its internal effects and looping and whatnot?

Thanks in advance.

(p.s. my mitigation to this is to just use the record out RCAs on the back of the DB4, which isn't ideal for recording sets, but at least there is an option should the DB4 not have the ability to record master mix out in the serato software).

Rob.
Serato, Support
Mike.C 9:53 PM - 18 September, 2019
Hey Rob,

This guide should answer your questions: support.serato.com
Robert Pointer 10:46 PM - 18 September, 2019
Thank you. That helped. I didn't see this somehow (as I did a search but must have missed this).

I was afraid of this part (with the ->):

To record with Serato DJ Pro and the XONE:DB2 and XONE:DB4 mixers you will need to set up the mixer for recording. You will need to designate a channel to use for recording and then select this channel in the REC panel in Serato DJ.

-> This will record the software mix. You will not be able to use this channel for Serato DJ Pro while it is used for recording.

Designating a channel is done from the XONE:DB2 and XONE:DB4 hardware using the Menu button and Display Screen. Navigate to ‘USB Routing’ and selecting ‘Record’ on the channel you want to use. You must then make sure Serato DJ Pro is recording this nominated channel in the REC panel.

-----

But its ok, I'll just use the record out from the mixer itself to capture the set as I need all four channels of the mixer.

Thanks for the response!

Rob.
Serato, Support
Mike.C 10:56 PM - 18 September, 2019
Hey Rob, yes, unfortunately it's a limitation of the hardware architecture for that particular mixer.