Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Rane SL3 new mbp w/touchbar SDJP 2.2.2 Help me

arb 4:49 AM - 11 September, 2019
So as the subject goes.. Rane SL3 new mbp w/touchbar SDJP 2.2.2 Help me
I’m using a hub thing to connect the SL3 usbB to usbA on the hub that goes usbC to the mbp. Serato seems to recognise the SL3 but doesn’t give me an option to get out of practice mode. On first start up I went through the registered hardware stuff in a window on the right which hasn’t reappeared since. The SL3 blue light is on, sometimes. System preferences shows the SL3 icon but when clicked on says it can’t find it. I’ve read so much internet to find out nothing useful.
Anyone know what’s happening here?

I’d happily forget all this and start lugging heavy boxes of vinyl again. Spend hours digging though records instead of playing IT support. The music. When did it stop being about music?
DJ Tecniq 3:24 PM - 11 September, 2019
Did you install the driver? Scroll down till you see the SL3 driver
dj.rane.com
arb 12:13 PM - 14 September, 2019
Thanks Tecniq. I’ve now reinstalled latest driver v2.0.1f2 through the macOS installer. Still no joy. Rane instructs to use “install driver” button in the right hand panel of Serato, but I can’t get that open again. Reinstalled late test Serato Pro. No joy. Only other thing worth mentioning is Mac system pref panel shows the SL3 but when caked on says can’t find it. That’s significant because this is a brand new Mac set up from new not from backup so it knows the SL3 is the, just won’t talk to it. Same in Serato, yellow bar at the bottom said connecting to SL3 might take a minute, then fails. It’s knows it’s there. Have also tried using hub to usb-c and straight connecting with a usb-b to usb-c cable. Everything up to date. SL3 works fine with older Mac and Serato dj 1.6.2.
Hopefully getting the install driver window open in Serato might help if someone can tell me how to do that.. otherwise I’m out of ideas.
Caley Martin 7:06 PM - 14 September, 2019
Quote:
Thanks Tecniq. I’ve now reinstalled latest driver v2.0.1f2 through the macOS installer. Still no joy. Rane instructs to use “install driver” button in the right hand panel of Serato, but I can’t get that open again. Reinstalled late test Serato Pro. No joy. Only other thing worth mentioning is Mac system pref panel shows the SL3 but when caked on says can’t find it. That’s significant because this is a brand new Mac set up from new not from backup so it knows the SL3 is the, just won’t talk to it. Same in Serato, yellow bar at the bottom said connecting to SL3 might take a minute, then fails. It’s knows it’s there. Have also tried using hub to usb-c and straight connecting with a usb-b to usb-c cable. Everything up to date. SL3 works fine with older Mac and Serato dj 1.6.2.
Hopefully getting the install driver window open in Serato might help if someone can tell me how to do that.. otherwise I’m out of ideas.

You might be running into this:
support.serato.com

Double check to make sure macOS isn't blocking the Rane SL3 driver from loading...
arb 8:21 PM - 18 September, 2019
Quote:
You might be running into this:
support.serato.com

Double check to make sure macOS isn't blocking the Rane SL3 driver from loading...

I think it was that, although not as easily fixed as any of the support pages describe. Many reinstalls and restarts and fortunate to see the allow button appear briefly in the privacy system preferences window.. No dialog pop up window..
Thanks again!