Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

Hercules DJControl Starlight - Failed to Connect Audio

gaccents 11:43 PM - 6 September, 2019
I am getting the "failed to connect audio: error. I am using a MacBook Pro with Mojave installed. The controller worked in the past. I haven't used it for about a month and I am getting the error. I reinstalled the the drivers and Serato DJ Lite.

Does anyone know how to fix this error?
FrancoisG 2:29 PM - 28 October, 2019
Hello,

1) Can you make sure the DJControl Starlight is well detected in macOS?
Please go in Applications > Utilities and run "Audio Midi Setup", and check if DJControl Starlight is properly detected as a sound card with 4-channel audio output.

2) Make sure the Starlight is not the default audio playback device in macOS: if it is the default audio device, please set the computer built-in audio as macOS default sound card.

3) Connect Starlight to the same USB port as before, when it was working. If you connect it via a USB hub, remove all other USB devices connected to this USB hub.

4) If the solutions 2 and 3 do not work, re-install Serat Dj Lite.
gaccents 1:42 AM - 30 October, 2019
Thank you. I will give these steps a try.
Limits Production 1:03 AM - 3 December, 2019
So I'm actually having this same problem but im on Win 10. I've tried switching back and forth with the audio device set on my system audio speaker and then the Mixtrack one but when i set it to the Mixtrack Pro 3 one it allows me to only use my laptop to control the program and not the controller.

Help
FrancoisG 8:05 AM - 3 December, 2019
Hello,
Do you use Serato DJ Lite?
The Farmer 10:30 PM - 22 December, 2019
I'm having the same problem suddenly.
I have been using the starlight for about 6 months with no trouble then suddenly after updating to version 2.0.3 the starlight will not turn on when connected.
All information on Device manager says recognised and working correctly but will not boost up when connected to serato.
I usually use a vci400 and there is no problem with this, only the starlight.
Checked using the starlight on my desktop and it works fine there.
So not sure where the fault is.
The Farmer 10:49 PM - 22 December, 2019
Oops there is my mistake. realised as was sending message the problem was I thought I was updating to 2.3.2 when in fact I had downgraded to 2.0.2 which was probably to before when the Starlight was activated.
Installed latest upgrade and all good now
FrancoisG 9:06 AM - 23 December, 2019
Great, thanks
andre199017 5:51 PM - 25 December, 2019
i also have this controller and it isnt working with serato pro, will it work with pro or do i need to use lite?
FrancoisG 10:34 AM - 26 December, 2019
It works with Serato DJ Lite as it comes with Serato DJ Lite.
Using it in Serato DJ Pro requires
- either being in the 2-week trial period of Serato DJ Pro,
- or to connect also a device which includes a Serato DJ Pro licence,
- or to upgrade to Serato DJ Pro license, currently at USD 64.5
serato.com.