Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Mixing with Serato & Rekordbox

rw102 8:56 PM - 31 August, 2019
Hello there,
I use 2 DJ applications at the same time, like Serato DJ pro & rekordbox.
This is because I wanna play with three video channels. On stand alone modes this works fine. So this is my challenge: Serato Dj pro is connected to 2 x pioneer cdj 2000 nxs2 and Djm 900 nx2 (HID mode). The 3e cdj 2000 nxs2 player is only for rekordbox. So.. first I start rekordbox and connect the 3e cdj. As soon I start Serato DJ pro, the connections of the 3e cdj to rekordbox are disconnected. It seems that Serato cutoff this connection. There is also no suggestion on the display of the 3e cdj player which DJ application I want to use.

Anybody a suggestion? Maby software to manage manually USB connections?

King regards RW
popnwave 9:19 PM - 31 August, 2019
Those are not shared resources, RB and SDJ are going to lock them down respectively.
deejdave 11:51 PM - 1 September, 2019
Yeah hot swapping decks between alternate SW is not something I would try. I have however had luck (and quite a bit of fun) with using the SX and/or the SZ with Serato DJ & Traktor at same time as well as Serato DJ and Rekordbox DJ at same time with the ONE controller.
Rebelguy 3:06 AM - 2 September, 2019
Use a second laptop?

🤷‍♂️
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:48 AM - 2 September, 2019
Mix emergency?

Load 3rd video into Media Bank or Sampler?
deejdave 3:43 PM - 2 September, 2019
Quote:
Use a second laptop?

🤷‍♂️

Pretty sure. I can't remember exactly. Nothing special as there are two separate audio interfaces just pretty cool.........