Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

ITch is Suck all my Ram... Therefore itch sucks (removed)

Product
ITCH
Version
-
Hardware
Numark NS7
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
DJ Bigdad 7:50 PM - 28 July, 2009
Product: itch
Hardware: numark-ns7
Computer: pc
OS Version: xp
---

Ive been having tons of issues with this software/NS7. The New updates have fixed most of the NS7 Bugs but now starting to have more software issues. The first issue i have with itch is the ram. *I will post a link showing(on my Toshiba Satellite 2.0 Duo Core Intel with 2.0 Gigs of ram.)

The Itch Software is taking half of my ram to run the startup. It trys to pull up my database file from Itch when it freezes holding at 1-1.5 GB of Ram... Is it a BUG or my Database file... AnyHelp will be great i need to fix this and my libary before my show saturday. P.S. When are Effects coming out for the NS7? I have been Waiting to see when it would be added, (VESTAX VFX1).

Thanks for you answers/time. I havent had a steady system from serato yet with this Numark Product. It glitches in middle of shows, it freezes in middle of shows and even cause my ram to PEAK!!!
thanks
DJ Bigdad

LINK TO RAM PEAKING: www.mediafire.com
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 9:22 PM - 28 July, 2009
Hi DJ Bigdad.

Sounds like you are getting USB dropouts.

Can you please let me know if you have any other USB devices used, what Service Pack you are on.

1) Are you using any other programs (including antivirus) when you are playing?
2) Do you have any wireless, networking or bluetooth on?
3) Do you have sleep, screen saver and hard drive sleeps disabled?
4) What USB buffer latency are you running on?

Thanks.
DJ Bigdad 10:22 PM - 28 July, 2009
1st i have service pack 3 and im using an external hd 500 gb MAXTOR - one touch 4Plus.
2nd. I have no antivirus programs while running.
3rd. i have my wifi on connected to a home network. just for the internet. I have no bluetooth.
4th. I dont believe i have any sleeping setting for my Hard Drive. And I dont have my screen saver on either.
5.th. Im running the 5 sec. latency. I feel my cpu has been powerful enough to run it at this speed.

USB Dropouts sounds like something that i am having troubles with alot. I have XP Pro. when i look at the Device Manager i have two Controllers that seem to be having issues. Mass Storage Controller and Ethernet Controller. Where do i get these? When I downgraded from Vista I had to find all the chipset drivers and and video drivers... So this maybe a issue. Im confused why it doesnt want to work. I have heard that Mass Storage Controller is For Raid and Ethernet Controller is for Lan. Neither of these i use. but im starting to think the Mass Storage Controller is my Man Source of issue.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 2:11 AM - 29 July, 2009
You should always turn off any wireless or networking connection when running ITCh.

Can you go here and get a RATT report, and then post the results in this thread?

serato.com

Thanks.
DJ.AJ 5:18 PM - 30 July, 2009
i have simliar IRQ issues with a Toshiba and i have a conflict with the SATA controller and the USB controller, obvisously cannot disable the hardrive controller or the USB.

and i get lots of dropouts/midi warns with 4g of ram but im on vista. Toshiba is gonna wipe my machine tonight and try to resolve the IRQ issues.
DJ.AJ 5:19 PM - 30 July, 2009
How did u downgrade ?
DJ Bigdad 5:21 PM - 30 July, 2009
I got a verson of xp from a buddy then went to the toshiba website and downloaded all the required drivers. After this i went to the intel website and installed my chipset drivers.
DJ Bigdad 5:21 PM - 30 July, 2009
what are irq issues?
DJ Bigdad 5:22 PM - 30 July, 2009
what are the IRQ issues?
DJ.AJ 5:24 PM - 30 July, 2009
IRQ are interrupts Requests

you can google it to get a clearer definition as to what it does and how problems can arise. It's a bit technical
DJ Bigdad 6:38 PM - 30 July, 2009
do wiki'ed it and still really dont know what it means but could someone fix it soon... lol so thinking i could fix the problem my self, i started over by reloading all of my library again and seeing if i could get it to work. I started to notice the problem is with itch not saving my library... every time i try to load the library a second time it freezes up. So far all ive gotten from IRQ is that its how my NS7 communicates with the computer? Threw the serial ports... I'm kinda a technical dude but still baffled by the issues of ITCH. Sorry to be rude Serato but shouldn't you have worked out all the issues before releasing it. Know that all those dj's out there are relying on a sound program? just a thought.... im going to continue my trying to get it to work but dont know what will happen if anyone has an idea for me let me know.

DJ Bigdad
Numark, Support
sbangs 9:16 PM - 30 July, 2009
Hi

Based on the information you have provided in the topics.

It seems these issues are caused by a conflict caused by your computer manufacturer and or failing computer hardware not Itch,serato or the NS7.

Unfortunately it is not always possible for software manufacturers to get round serious computer hardware issues.

Irq channels are numbers used by computer hardware to communicate to the CPU.

These are internal peices of hardware such as a modem, wifi card or graphics card.

If numbers match this results in the internal hardware struggling to communicate or leaves them unable to do so.

This makes your PC respond slower, thus lowering its spec.

I would suggest using a tool called DPC.

To use the tool, run itch with the NS7 attached and play back audio, then run the DPC checker.

A report of your systems performance and what hardware may be causing issues.

Download:
www.thesycon.de

You can then use this useful tutorial to find what is conflicting.

www.helpwithpcs.com

If you are not sure take a screenshot of your IRQ list and post it here using a image host such as tinypic.com and we can check it out for you.

With this information you can speak to your computer manufacturer to ask for assistance in changing these IRQS.

My offer of remote support still stands at any time if you send me a PM with your contact details we can work out a time.

I would also recommend sending the nice folks at Serato the RATT report for extra information.

Best Regards

Simon
DJ Bigdad 10:19 PM - 30 July, 2009
simon with all my frustration i wish i could run a check with the NS7 pluged in and playing music but as i said before i cant get to this part... The software loads the crates and during this process it fezzes... i dont think its my computer... i do think its something on the serato end of things.

The only way for me to play music with my NS7 is to unplug the EXTERNAL and just play what ever music i have on my cpu. but still this is a lost cause because there are glitches in the software. After playing for a while (10-20min) i get glitching... im about to throw everything out the window. With in time im sure things will work out... ill try what you suggest and send it back to you as soon as i can get some kind of result.

DJ Bigdad
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 2:16 AM - 31 July, 2009
Hi DJ Bigdad.

If your system is crashing when plugging into the external drive, then it's a high chance that there is something wrong with the external drive.
If you remove the external drive, then we can troubleshoot your other issues and get things working, and then we can look at your hard drive as a seperate issue.
Just use your laptop's internal hard drive for the testing sbangs mentioned.

We can then work out what is going on for your external once that's done.

Many thanks!
Numark, Support
sbangs 8:07 AM - 31 July, 2009
@DJ Bigdad,

The report will only take 20 or so seconds so that should not be a problem.
D-RoC71 3:34 PM - 31 July, 2009
DJ BigDad - From my experience with external drives and may I mention that I've been using a Toshiba Satellite 1.86GHZ w/ 2GB RAM & 350GB @ 7200RPM since 2007 and I've used it with TORQ, Tracktor Scratch and ITCH w/ NS7 and I use VISTA and there were no unresolved problems. Did a few tweaking and off it went flawlessly. As far as external drives, you're just better off using it as a back up drive. Don't play your songs from an external, always use your internal drive. ALL the DVS I've used has had conflicts with external drives. And perhaps downgrading your OS from Vista to XP might have caused conflicts as well. Vista SP2 ran flawlessly for me and your CPU speed is a bit faster than mine and I ran the ITCH @ 5 MS.
Now I've upgraded to Macbook Pro Unibody 2.66 dual w/ 4GB RAM 350GB @ 7200RPM and it's immaculate and my fiance inherited my toshiba and loves it.
DJ.AJ 1:18 AM - 1 August, 2009
ok, time to test this mac vs pc theory
DJ.AJ 5:46 PM - 2 August, 2009
MAC wins hands down
DJ Bigdad 9:48 AM - 4 August, 2009
@ D ROC

Mac always wins but with a stable enough cpu all should work as planned. Does anybody have an idea why the external wouldnt be a good idea... the external isnt the best solution but i have all my music on this external. The External has more Space than my Internal plus the internal wouldnt be able to hold all of the music from the external.. so here i go again spendin more doe. I shouldnt be having problems with the new HD Maxtor 500GB HD. I just got it from MAxtor/Seagate about 2 weeks ago. The problem is coming from the software trying to read an old database file from the 1.05 version. I think there may be a conflict with the old file and the new file. So Time and time again i deleted and reinstalled and still was having the same result. Note everytime i reinstall im also deleting the previous dataV2 File.

DJ Bigdad

{PS) Bangs ill send you a message regarding Remote Assistance
D-RoC71 3:13 PM - 4 August, 2009
Bigdad - I never really gotten a straight answer from the developers as to why the internal is so much more stable than external, they've just advised & suggested to play from your internernal drive. I can come up with my own conclusion but I don't want to misled you. Perhaps one of the mods here can shed a light as to why (M-Audio & Native Instruments couldn't tell me).
The internal drive is cheap right now and it's super fast!!!! There's a 500GB @ 7200RPM on Newegg.com for $119.00 free shipping in the US and you would never have to worry about logging another drive. That should be plenty enough.
It's not recommended to re-analyze your files from 1.05 but I would suggest it. It would be much cleaner and stable IMO. I've had the same problem when I tested the candidate 2 from 1.05 where I had some audio glitches and BPM discrepancies. But when I re-analyzed it went smooth.

Hope that helped and please keep us posted.
DJ Bigdad 7:21 PM - 12 August, 2009
sorry d roc but i have spent enough money to have this external id like for it to work and not have to buy more equipment.. I have all the equipment required not need to go out and spend more money for things i dont really need. The External is brand new and so is the NS7 The computer isnt new but new enough it should work just fine... Recently Gave my mashups to big local radio station in KC... I REALLY NEED MY EQUIPMENT TO WORK. I didnt pay 1350 for this... Ive called in to the serato/numark costumer service line and the person i got was very rude and acted if tho he knew everything there was to know about dj... to be real people need to check there attitude. This is my last resort for defined help. btw if i call in there again im sure they wont help me... I dont deal well with people who are rude and know it alls... Hopefully they dont treat there professional dj with that kinda respect. So far everyone in this forum has had great idea with help but still after completing tests and having numerous of phone calls im really thinking about strangling someone... Read my frustration in previous messages... Also DROC my external is 500GB with 7200RPMS. If some one from serato wants to help more personally with my issues stand up now... I will put a reward for who ever can fix my problems. Rewards will include free downloads to all my remix... If your a die hard fan for producing music i may also throw in personal links to production software... please HELP ME....

Unemployed DJ Bigdad...
kraal 7:26 PM - 12 August, 2009
from my take on the thread it seems with all the chatter a few things are being over looked.

1. DJ Bigdad have you turned off wireless/wifi to your home network while using itch?
2. the problem maybe the external HD not the fact you are using an external but the actual drive maybe damaged
DJ Bigdad 7:33 PM - 12 August, 2009
The drive works fine... i plug it it all the file are there and work just peachy.... as soon as i load itch it loads my data v2 file and freeze running up 1 gb of ram... this should never happen with any software... Im a computer science major and understand most of what is taking place... Having the wifi turned on or off has no difference in this issue im having. kraal have you read every peace of my information? it explains this. Ive taken time to do the test but latency isnt an issue its gettin the music to come up in the program with out it freezing. before 1.1 i could get the music to come up in the software fine and play but every now and again the software would glitch and then eventually freeze.
kraal 7:42 PM - 12 August, 2009
i personnaly have a damaged drive i can access all the files off of but it crashes when i use it with itch. i ran a hardware testing suite on it and it shows bad sectors. so in theory the drive of yours could be getting worse (as mine did) so it seems to work fine then now it doesnt.

my 2 cents
DJ Bigdad 9:58 PM - 12 August, 2009
so far your 2 cents could be something looking in to and as im talking to you im also looking for a hardware testing suite to check for bad sectors... maybe your right... ill check and see if this is something that might be affecting me... after i collect information from that ill let u know
djbigdad
DJ Bigdad 10:07 PM - 12 August, 2009
thanks for all the help ive been getting from people... today i would really like to have some closer on the issue and get things fixed or something new to try... so far im just building ager for blowing my hard eared money on something that was going to give me multiple issues.
DJ Bigdad 10:15 PM - 12 August, 2009
www.tips4pc.com
this is the website i used to figure out the process... im doing this now, when i turn around and notice my laptop restarts with out warning... (i havent touched it in hours.) when it comes back to the desktop it has a message referring to new hardware it has found... found a VGA Compatible Video Controller. i ran a scan for the driver and found nothing... what is this about... it also found another controller after this first one it was the Video controller... Im so confused to what is taking place but there were some windows updates that i ran a while back now that my internet is back on maybe this is the ticket... im going to try the hard drive again after it is done scanning. Its kinda at the beginning of Phase 4 of the process. Now its saying there are more updates as i talk to you... maybe ill run them and see if my issues go away.
D-RoC71 10:33 PM - 12 August, 2009
DJ Bigdad.... I have a feeling it's your USB. Have you tried installing a new USB card?
DJ Bigdad 11:24 PM - 12 August, 2009
which usb cable are u refering to the NS7? or the HD?
DJ Bigdad 11:25 PM - 12 August, 2009
USB CARD??? your mean cord.
DJ Bigdad 11:27 PM - 12 August, 2009
I think u might not understand the USB WORKS Fine... im doing diagnostics on the HD right now and the USB seems to work great... Its a big hd so it will take a while for the process to finish but its about 2/3 done and it is in phase 4 so maybe it will be done soon. its not the usb.... sorry but thats not it at all
DJ Bigdad 11:29 PM - 12 August, 2009
The USB on the NS7 works fine too... if u read the previous notes i talk about the NS7 working some what good with the Itch software when the external is not plugged in... when the hard drive is plugged in. the itch software looks for the data file that it previous wrote and freeze... i know im not retarded and im a computer science major this is nothing more than a itch issue with external hd's...
DJ Bigdad 11:30 PM - 12 August, 2009
virtual dj tracktor and pcdj work great with external hds....
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 11:31 PM - 12 August, 2009
DJ Bigdad - Just to clarify a few things please:

1) You ARE using no wireless or networking when using the NS7?

2) You have unplugged your external drive, and done some testing without this plugged in to isolate the issue. This will be the quickest way to see if there's anything wrong with your external hard drive. External hard drives aren't going to always be perfect, even new ones can be damaged, or you may have removed it without doing the proper eject procedure at some point (easily done).

3) Did you do the DPC checker that sbangs suggested?

Many thanks for the continued patience, sorry this is taking a while. I'm sure we can wrap this up quickly once we get back on track.
DJ Bigdad 11:40 PM - 12 August, 2009
yes.... the dpc check log file was sent to serato... No problems seem to arise. but no response from them... I also went a new route... i started looking in to running Virtual dj with NS7 but i still wish things would work itch... currently the EXTERNAL HD is going threw diagnostics and ill let u know if there were any bad sectors... so far i dont think any of the issues that have been brought up deal with my issue.. MATT C if you want to do a self check ill show what happens but things dont go far... it loads the files from my pc fine... the ns7 works fine other than the cross fader is going bad i can see it fuck up already... when i want the right track i push it to the right i get what i want but every now and again the left will appear even tho it still pushed to the right. if i see more issues ill be asking for serato to step up and do hardware fixes... but for now id like to have my music working... I feel lost with out my equipment... no money.... im looking for another job.... see my pain... i love djing but this is a joke
DJ Bigdad 11:42 PM - 12 August, 2009
it freezes when the itch software looks for my external music.... freezes.... 1.1 gbs of rams is used and nothing but more problems arise.
DJ Bigdad 11:47 PM - 12 August, 2009
i dont wanta see my future go to the ground because of this change in software. maybe serato will expose my music for all the pain they have caused... i can mix scratch chop screw blend and get crowds crazy.... I know this sounds crazy but one day i want to tell people i made it... my music is plush and my style is great... and my equipment sucks... does anyone see a problem with that...
DJ.AJ 1:48 AM - 13 August, 2009
you probably have a hardware conflict with the eternal drive and the controller. try using the external with itunes or some other player. See if they can read/write to the drive.

Also, you have established that the ITCH and the NS7 work fine when you are using your local hard drive so i don't understand why you can't work will just taking the music you need for a gig on your hard drive.

Just trying to help

You can try a USB thumb drive to see if its having a problem with an external source or just your drive.
DJ Bigdad 3:56 AM - 13 August, 2009
DJ AJ is on to something i forgot to try... Run my external threw itunes then bring it over to itch... im going to try this now... ill let you know how it goes in the morning.. haha thanks AJ HEY AJ you got any tracks of you spinning? or maybe a website?

djbigdad

www.reverbnation.com
DJ Bigdad 6:21 PM - 13 August, 2009
the over night project was put on hold till this afternoon i didnt expect to go out last night so ill be moving things over to itunes now... let u know what happens thumb drives work fine...
kraal 6:29 PM - 13 August, 2009
if thumbdrive is working fine all things are pointing to an issue with the harddrive
DJ Bigdad 12:03 AM - 14 August, 2009
so i tried itunes and keep getting more bull shit answers... itch scans my itunes songs and acts like its going to go but then fails and say that CANT FIND ITUNES LIBARY... im so sick of this failure for a program... if serato doesnt do something quick they are going to lose there customers to something like VDJ... i know ive been trying map the NS7 to VDJ 6... its been done why can i have that also... can someplease help me before i self destruct...
DJ Bigdad 12:05 AM - 14 August, 2009
nothing is seems to work with itch... i think serato needs to over look the software one more time. why wont it accept my external hd???? VDJ 6.0 Will.... itunes will... just not ITCH>..... Someone better fucking explain
DJ Bigdad 2:05 AM - 14 August, 2009
If someone wants to take a look at my system via remote assistant please speak up... i have all my songs loaded to itch... i have analyzed all my songs and have them in itch... when i restart the program it trys to pull up the data file from the external hd and then it freezes... can someone explain this??? the hd is established as working with no bad sectors or any other the other suggestions... cables are good hell even hd works fine after being in iTunes... i know this doesnt tell you anything other than all my equipment is new and should be working but it doesnt... im not going to restart itch or anything untill i get the eyes of serato too look at it... I need someone from serato to look at this in the after noon tomorrow. Can someone plz help me.... i repeat all music is organized and in itch working... but this is the point were if i restart itch it wont remember my data file and freeze...pm me and ill give you my phone number to assist.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 2:22 AM - 14 August, 2009
Can you rename the ScratchLIVE folder from your external drive? (ScratchLIVE_old will be fine). See if that helps the hang. Thanks for your patience.
DJ Bigdad 2:41 AM - 14 August, 2009
sorry matt that just makes it so it load my songs... thats not a wise idea...
DJ Bigdad 2:42 AM - 14 August, 2009
sorry matt it wont load my songs with the folder being renamed....
Serato
Aroha 2:44 AM - 14 August, 2009

Cumulative Histogram for: RtkHDAud.sys (\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\RtkHDAud.sys)
#, Range, Label, ISR Count, DPC Count, DPCTmr Count
1, 1.00us to 1.99us, <2.00us, 0, 1092, 0
2, 2.00us to 2.99us, <3.00us, 0, 11265, 0
3, 3.00us to 3.99us, <4.00us, 0, 7579, 7
4, 4.00us to 4.99us, <5.00us, 0, 4548, 24
5, 5.00us to 5.99us, <6.00us, 0, 2106, 86
6, 6.00us to 6.99us, <7.00us, 0, 433, 107
7, 7.00us to 7.99us, <8.00us, 0, 40, 17
8, 8.00us to 8.99us, <9.00us, 0, 31, 5
9, 9.00us to 9.99us, <10.00us, 0, 11, 2
10, 10.00us to 19.99us, <20.00us, 0, 97, 4
11, 20.00us to 29.99us, <30.00us, 0, 2, 0
12, 30.00us to 39.99us, <40.00us, 0, 1132, 0
13, 40.00us to 49.99us, <50.00us, 0, 508, 0
14, 50.00us to 59.99us, <60.00us, 0, 340, 0
15, 60.00us to 69.99us, <70.00us, 0, 5032, 0
16, 70.00us to 79.99us, <80.00us, 0, 5442, 0
17, 80.00us to 89.99us, <90.00us, 0, 1647, 0
18, 90.00us to 99.99us, <100.00us, 0, 2059, 0
19, 100.00us to 109.99us, <110.00us, 0, 1270, 0
20, 110.00us to 119.99us, <120.00us, 0, 402, 0
21, 120.00us to 129.99us, <130.00us, 0, 1892, 0
22, 130.00us to 139.99us, <140.00us, 0, 2943, 0
23, 140.00us to 149.99us, <150.00us, 0, 894, 0
24, 150.00us to 159.99us, <160.00us, 0, 1156, 0
25, 160.00us to 169.99us, <170.00us, 0, 711, 0
26, 170.00us to 179.99us, <180.00us, 0, 198, 0
27, 180.00us to 189.99us, <190.00us, 0, 240, 0
28, 190.00us to 199.99us, <200.00us, 0, 547, 0
29, 200.00us to 209.99us, <210.00us, 0, 239, 0
30, 210.00us to 219.99us, <220.00us, 0, 264, 0
31, 220.00us to 229.99us, <230.00us, 0, 167, 0
32, 230.00us to 239.99us, <240.00us, 0, 48, 0
33, 240.00us to 249.99us, <250.00us, 0, 23, 0
34, 250.00us to 259.99us, <260.00us, 0, 17, 0
35, 260.00us to 269.99us, <270.00us, 0, 14, 0
36, 270.00us to 279.99us, <280.00us, 0, 5, 0
37, 280.00us to 289.99us, <290.00us, 0, 2, 0
38, 290.00us to 299.99us, <300.00us, 0, 2, 0
39, 300.00us to 309.99us, <310.00us, 0, 2, 0
40, 310.00us to 319.99us, <320.00us, 0, 1, 0
42, 330.00us to 339.99us, <340.00us, 0, 1, 0
48, 390.00us to 399.99us, <400.00us, 0, 1, 0
68, 590.00us to 599.99us, <600.00us, 0, 1, 0
TOTALS, 0, 54404, 252

Cumulative Histogram for: ACPI.sys (ACPI.sys)
2, 2.00us to 2.99us, <3.00us, 0, 1, 0
3, 3.00us to 3.99us, <4.00us, 0, 12, 0
4, 4.00us to 4.99us, <5.00us, 0, 39, 0
5, 5.00us to 5.99us, <6.00us, 0, 1, 5
6, 6.00us to 6.99us, <7.00us, 0, 1, 11
7, 7.00us to 7.99us, <8.00us, 0, 0, 2
10, 10.00us to 19.99us, <20.00us, 65, 86, 0
11, 20.00us to 29.99us, <30.00us, 106, 2, 0
12, 30.00us to 39.99us, <40.00us, 4, 2, 0
13, 40.00us to 49.99us, <50.00us, 0, 3, 0
14, 50.00us to 59.99us, <60.00us, 0, 26, 0
15, 60.00us to 69.99us, <70.00us, 0, 7, 0
16, 70.00us to 79.99us, <80.00us, 0, 2, 0
73, 640.00us to 649.99us, <650.00us, 0, 1, 0
81, 720.00us to 729.99us, <730.00us, 0, 1, 0
84, 750.00us to 759.99us, <760.00us, 0, 1, 0
85, 760.00us to 769.99us, <770.00us, 0, 2, 0
87, 780.00us to 789.99us, <790.00us, 0, 2, 0
88, 790.00us to 799.99us, <800.00us, 0, 2, 0
89, 800.00us to 809.99us, <810.00us, 0, 6, 0
90, 810.00us to 819.99us, <820.00us, 0, 1, 0
91, 820.00us to 829.99us, <830.00us, 0, 2, 0
92, 830.00us to 839.99us, <840.00us, 0, 1, 0
96, 870.00us to 879.99us, <880.00us, 0, 2, 0
157, 1.48ms to 1.49ms, <1.49ms, 0, 1, 0
159, 1.50ms to 1.51ms, <1.51ms, 0, 1, 0
161, 1.52ms to 1.53ms, <1.53ms, 0, 1, 0
162, 1.53ms to 1.54ms, <1.54ms, 0, 1, 0
164, 1.55ms to 1.56ms, <1.56ms, 0, 2, 0
166, 1.57ms to 1.58ms, <1.58ms, 0, 1, 0
168, 1.59ms to 1.60ms, <1.60ms, 0, 1, 0
171, 1.62ms to 1.63ms, <1.63ms, 0, 4, 0
172, 1.63ms to 1.64ms, <1.64ms, 0, 2, 0
173, 1.64ms to 1.65ms, <1.65ms, 0, 2, 0
176, 1.67ms to 1.68ms, <1.68ms, 0, 1, 0
181, 1.72ms to 1.73ms, <1.73ms, 0, 1, 0
245, 2.36ms to 2.37ms, <2.37ms, 0, 1, 0
248, 2.39ms to 2.40ms, <2.40ms, 0, 1, 0
255, 2.46ms to 2.47ms, <2.47ms, 0, 1, 0
322, 3.13ms to 3.14ms, <3.14ms, 0, 1, 0
TOTALS, 175, 225, 18

Cumulative Histogram for: NDIS.sys (NDIS.sys)
2, 2.00us to 2.99us, <3.00us, 0, 0, 43
3, 3.00us to 3.99us, <4.00us, 0, 0, 108
4, 4.00us to 4.99us, <5.00us, 0, 0, 43
5, 5.00us to 5.99us, <6.00us, 0, 0, 48
6, 6.00us to 6.99us, <7.00us, 0, 0, 12
7, 7.00us to 7.99us, <8.00us, 0, 0, 5
8, 8.00us to 8.99us, <9.00us, 0, 0, 16
9, 9.00us to 9.99us, <10.00us, 0, 0, 14
10, 10.00us to 19.99us, <20.00us, 8554, 195, 92
11, 20.00us to 29.99us, <30.00us, 516, 1343, 973
12, 30.00us to 39.99us, <40.00us, 10, 2737, 107
13, 40.00us to 49.99us, <50.00us, 0, 1990, 2
14, 50.00us to 59.99us, <60.00us, 0, 964, 15
15, 60.00us to 69.99us, <70.00us, 0, 291, 56
16, 70.00us to 79.99us, <80.00us, 0, 149, 37
17, 80.00us to 89.99us, <90.00us, 0, 346, 5
18, 90.00us to 99.99us, <100.00us, 0, 330, 0
19, 100.00us to 109.99us, <110.00us, 0, 145, 0
20, 110.00us to 119.99us, <120.00us, 0, 66, 0
21, 120.00us to 129.99us, <130.00us, 0, 54, 0
22, 130.00us to 139.99us, <140.00us, 0, 43, 0
23, 140.00us to 149.99us, <150.00us, 0, 78, 0
24, 150.00us to 159.99us, <160.00us, 0, 71, 0
25, 160.00us to 169.99us, <170.00us, 0, 79, 0
26, 170.00us to 179.99us, <180.00us, 0, 44, 0
27, 180.00us to 189.99us, <190.00us, 0, 21, 0
28, 190.00us to 199.99us, <200.00us, 0, 10, 0
29, 200.00us to 209.99us, <210.00us, 0, 6, 0
30, 210.00us to 219.99us, <220.00us, 0, 3, 0
31, 220.00us to 229.99us, <230.00us, 0, 1, 0
36, 270.00us to 279.99us, <280.00us, 0, 1, 0
196, 1.87ms to 1.88ms, <1.88ms, 0, 0, 1
197, 1.88ms to 1.89ms, <1.89ms, 0, 0, 2
198, 1.89ms to 1.90ms, <1.90ms, 0, 0, 11
199, 1.90ms to 1.91ms, <1.91ms, 0, 0, 5
200, 1.91ms to 1.92ms, <1.92ms, 0, 0, 9
201, 1.92ms to 1.93ms, <1.93ms, 0, 0, 5
203, 1.94ms to 1.95ms, <1.95ms, 0, 0, 6
204, 1.95ms to 1.96ms, <1.96ms, 0, 0, 15
205, 1.96ms to 1.97ms, <1.97ms, 0, 0, 34
206, 1.97ms to 1.98ms, <1.98ms, 0, 0, 14
207, 1.98ms to 1.99ms, <1.99ms, 0, 0, 6
208, 1.99ms to 2.00ms, <2.00ms, 0, 0, 2
209, 2.00ms to 2.01ms, <2.01ms, 0, 0, 2
210, 2.01ms to 2.02ms, <2.02ms, 0, 0, 1
251, 2.42ms to 2.43ms, <2.43ms, 0, 1, 0
259, 2.50ms to 2.51ms, <2.51ms, 0, 1, 0
260, 2.51ms to 2.52ms, <2.52ms, 0, 1, 0
261, 2.52ms to 2.53ms, <2.53ms, 0, 2, 0
263, 2.54ms to 2.55ms, <2.55ms, 0, 1, 0
265, 2.56ms to 2.57ms, <2.57ms, 0, 4, 0
266, 2.57ms to 2.58ms, <2.58ms, 0, 2, 0
267, 2.58ms to 2.59ms, <2.59ms, 0, 2, 0
268, 2.59ms to 2.60ms, <2.60ms, 0, 2, 0
269, 2.60ms to 2.61ms, <2.61ms, 0, 4, 0
270, 2.61ms to 2.62ms, <2.62ms, 0, 4, 0
271, 2.62ms to 2.63ms, <2.63ms, 0, 2, 0
272, 2.63ms to 2.64ms, <2.64ms, 0, 2, 0
273, 2.64ms to 2.65ms, <2.65ms, 0, 3, 0
274, 2.65ms to 2.66ms, <2.66ms, 0, 2, 0
275, 2.66ms to 2.67ms, <2.67ms, 0, 1, 0
276, 2.67ms to 2.68ms, <2.68ms, 0, 1, 0
278, 2.69ms to 2.70ms, <2.70ms, 0, 1, 0
280, 2.71ms to 2.72ms, <2.72ms, 0, 1, 0
281, 2.72ms to 2.73ms, <2.73ms, 0, 3, 0
282, 2.73ms to 2.74ms, <2.74ms, 0, 3, 0
283, 2.74ms to 2.75ms, <2.75ms, 0, 3, 0
284, 2.75ms to 2.76ms, <2.76ms, 0, 7, 0
285, 2.76ms to 2.77ms, <2.77ms, 0, 8, 0
286, 2.77ms to 2.78ms, <2.78ms, 0, 12, 0
287, 2.78ms to 2.79ms, <2.79ms, 0, 10, 0
288, 2.79ms to 2.80ms, <2.80ms, 0, 3, 0
290, 2.81ms to 2.82ms, <2.82ms, 0, 3, 0
291, 2.82ms to 2.83ms, <2.83ms, 0, 5, 0
292, 2.83ms to 2.84ms, <2.84ms, 0, 7, 0
293, 2.84ms to 2.85ms, <2.85ms, 0, 6, 0
294, 2.85ms to 2.86ms, <2.86ms, 0, 2, 0
295, 2.86ms to 2.87ms, <2.87ms, 0, 1, 0
303, 2.94ms to 2.95ms, <2.95ms, 0, 1, 0
315, 3.06ms to 3.07ms, <3.07ms, 0, 1, 0
319, 3.10ms to 3.11ms, <3.11ms, 0, 1, 0
TOTALS, 9080, 9080, 1689

Hi DJ Bigdad

You seem to have a lot of activity with ACPI power management and also networking. Can you please try these two steps to test if these are what are causing you problems:

Remove your laptop battery and running directly from mains power. Any difference?

Completely disabling wifi. I know you've said you've switched it off, but you need to totally disable it in Device Manager. Any difference?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 2:46 AM - 14 August, 2009
DJBigdad - also check this:

RtkHDAud.sys - driver for Realtek High Definition Audio card. Try to disable this.
DJ Bigdad 2:47 AM - 14 August, 2009
how should i disable this threw device manager
DJ Bigdad 2:49 AM - 14 August, 2009
can someone why i have to disable my sound from my laptop???? and the battery is going low i know that....
DJ Bigdad 2:52 AM - 14 August, 2009
i cant do any of this now that i have itch working.... if i restart itch it wont work ill have to reinstall itch...
DJ Bigdad 2:56 AM - 14 August, 2009
it asked about backing up this time.... before it didnt... disabling my hd audio card is going to do what.... disabling wifi... oh my god.... does anyone really understand itch... these have nothing to do with it... DEFINE THE PROBLEM... ITCH wont save the data file that loads my external music... ITCH PROBLEM...
DJ WALLIS 2:56 AM - 14 August, 2009
R U Sure U R a computer scinece major
DJ Bigdad 2:58 AM - 14 August, 2009
Im actually studying internet security... sorry im really frustrated with itch... when i exit out it freezes...
DJ Bigdad 2:59 AM - 14 August, 2009
ITch not responding.... And support wonders why people want to see this work with other programs...
DJ Bigdad 3:05 AM - 14 August, 2009
after trying to run my music threw iTunes it freezes loading during iTunes loading process...
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 3:05 AM - 14 August, 2009
We'll do this one step at a time.

-----------

Firstly: disable your wifi. This should always be done when using ITCH.
Go into your Control Panel
Open to Network Connections
Disable the Wireless Network Connection and any wired connections.

-----------

Secondly: Disable your Realtek sound device
Go into your Control Panel
My Computer
Click on System Properties
Click on Hardware Tab
Open Device Manager.
Expand Sound, Video and game controllers
Right click on Realtek High Definition Audio
Select 'Disable'

-----------
Last: Your ACPI is your computer's power management.
Removing the battery will help us diagnose if this is causing a problem.

Question: Do you power the laptop with battery and not plugged into the mains power?

Do this in that order and see how you get on.
Thanks.
Serato
Aroha 3:07 AM - 14 August, 2009
DJ Bigdad, we know you're frustrated, we are trying to help. The majority of our ITCH users have no problems at all. The majority of feedback we get is very positive, so we'd like you to enjoy your experience with ITCH as much as other users do.

We do have to go through a sequence of trouble shooting to try to eliminate your problem. Step by step, bear with us, and please try to follow each step. The reason why we asked you to disable wifi and to take your battery out etc is because your ratt report is showing far more activity than is normal with these devices.
DJ Bigdad 3:10 AM - 14 August, 2009
i have to start over for the 23rd time...

if i disable wifi i can talk to u... I Know this is your trouble shooting steps but how do u suggest differently... I know these problems arent being cause from a battery because it out now and i still have issues... While you try to come up with another idea im going to reload all music again... with im sure still no luck...
DJ Bigdad 3:10 AM - 14 August, 2009
if i disabe wifi i cant talk to u
DJ Bigdad 3:12 AM - 14 August, 2009
Im not the smartest dude but if you wanta look at it your self please feel free... so far you cant get past the itch software entry...
Serato
Aroha 3:13 AM - 14 August, 2009
You can re-enable wifi once you've tested whether it makes a difference or not and then get back to us.

The ratt report indicates there is a problem with ACPI power management, not your battery. But removing your battery and running off mains power will tell us for sure if this is the problem.
DJ Bigdad 3:16 AM - 14 August, 2009
ACPI Flash BIOS version 1.90 for Satellite A130 (PSAD0U/PSAD3U) (v1.90; 01-14-2009; 4M)
this is the latest bios update.... ive already installed this
DJ Bigdad 3:25 AM - 14 August, 2009
so i tryied what was told of me and didnt get any change....
DJ Bigdad 3:27 AM - 14 August, 2009
so far itch more more like a virus than an obsession.
DJ Bigdad 3:27 AM - 14 August, 2009
btw my itch experience has been horrible...
DJ Bigdad 3:31 AM - 14 August, 2009
why cant someone take a look at this from support????
DJ Bigdad 3:33 AM - 14 August, 2009
if your asking yourself why im asking serato... its because Toshiba wont even give support to OEM products... Just to all those people out there with Laptops that are OEM
DJ Bigdad 3:37 AM - 14 August, 2009
nothing does anyone wanta say anything...
3:38 AM, 14 Aug 2009
DJ Bigdad attached a file: 2Gay ITCH.JPG
View· Permalink
3:40 AM, 14 Aug 2009
DJ Bigdad attached a file: pic-gun_to_head.jpg
View· Permalink
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 4:54 AM - 14 August, 2009
When this happens, are you able to click on the "click here" above the Send Error Report button and upload for us to look over? Thanks again,
DJ Bigdad 4:59 AM - 14 August, 2009
i deleted the files from the external so i could get the cpu music to work again... when i try and put my music in itch this is what i get after all the music has been added... once its been added it makes a data file... when you reload itch it looks at this file from my external hd and freezes... there is no click here about send error... i dont know what ur refering too... it only freezes the next time u start itch after sourcing all the songs from my external hd
DJ.AJ 5:47 AM - 14 August, 2009
Can Itunes read and play files from your external drive. Nevermind ITCH for now. You need to prove that your hardrive is not screwed. You can run ITCH from your local harddrive with no problem so neither ITCH or NS7 is the problem. It has to be your drive. I already told you that i had a toshiba and i have problems with IRQ conflicts that forced me to abandon it. you may have a conflict with your external and u can ruin the external drive if you do no PROPERLY disconnect it.

Honestly though - the amount support he's getting for this, u guys might come out cheaper by buying him a new laptop.
DJ Bigdad 5:59 AM - 14 August, 2009
Quote:
Honestly though - the amount support he's getting for this, u guys might come out cheaper by buying him a new laptop.

i dont need a new laptop the one i have now is fast enough to do what is required... i understand that no one could be helping me right now... instead i have your guys... the best at understanding.... Ive properly disconnected it because the last one i had before it had failure because of that reason... this time i made sure to do things right and eject properly.... aj how do u go about changing irq conflicts??
6:03 AM, 14 Aug 2009
DJ Bigdad attached a file: Itch is gay pt3.JPG
View· Permalink
DJ.AJ 6:03 AM - 14 August, 2009
you cant change them in xp or vista. thats why i had to get a new laptop. i got the run around from toshiba. toshiba sucks not itch or numark.

im not even making a lot of money playing, my day job takes care of that but i stil went out and bough a mac before my first gig with the ns7 becausemy name is my name. that's important to me.
DJ Bigdad 6:06 AM - 14 August, 2009
According to each file under the following list has no conflicts threw out all devices.. my name is important to me too... people talk about getting this to work fine with there pc... how come i cant get mine... i know it will work its work fine before... i think its something i just dont have configured quite right...
DJ Bigdad 6:10 AM - 14 August, 2009
dont get me wrong i love serato and numark... otherwise i wouldnt have bought it... im numark strong for all my days in djing. but if you asked any of my DJ friends they are serato strong... i think its the best of bothworlds... So i thought... i just know its not my speed or lack of something in my pc... its fast really fast... configuration is what im thinking.. i really wish one of these support people would just remote assist it and take a look at my pc tell me what i fucked up or need changed...
DJ Bigdad 6:19 AM - 14 August, 2009
i know the hd fine... i can get all my music to work in iTunes, VDJ, windows media, and they all work fine with my hd... so i know the problem isnt my HD...
DJ Bigdad 6:38 AM - 14 August, 2009
szAppName : ITCH.exe szAppVer : 1.1.0.25 szModName : hungapp
szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000
Numark, Support
sbangs 1:04 PM - 14 August, 2009
Hi DJ Bigdad, my offer to take a look at your PC stands when ever you need it.

I just your contact details :-) please send this via a PM

I think that the amount of in depth technical support for a 3rd party computer issue you are getting here is a testament to the dedication of the Serato Team to help users.

Please try to remember every one is just trying to help you out :)

A PC can be very fast but still have a configuration problem caused in production or setup by the computer manufacturer.

While I suspect it is an internal computer hardware issue I can point you in the right direction with your computer manufacturer.
DJ.AJ 1:08 PM - 14 August, 2009
Quote:
A PC can be very fast but still have a configuration problem caused in production or setup by the computer manufacturer.

That is what i have been trying to convey all along.
Numark, Support
sbangs 1:19 PM - 14 August, 2009
Quote:
i know the hd fine... i can get all my music to work in iTunes, VDJ, windows media, and they all work fine with my hd... so i know the problem isnt my HD...

Please consider that perhaps using the HD and the NS7 together is overloading your computers USB ports. If you have IRQ issues
DJ Bigdad 7:29 PM - 14 August, 2009
bangs ive sent my contact info to you please give me a call.
Numark, Support
sbangs 8:56 PM - 14 August, 2009
Hi DJ Big Dad.

My evaluation of your computer has indicated that you have several out of date currupt audio programs from other manufacturers. These have caused damage to your operating system.

While these are installed I feel it may not be possible to get a stable performance.

To get these programs to work modifications to the official code are applied which cause the programs to work unexpectedly. This is because the code has been changed from the original specification.

We recommend that you take steps obtain legitimate updates to these programs to avoid any further operating system damage and to ensure that you have the latest stable versions.

We are aware that some other software manufacturers place cracks into the open domain to force users to call back to their severs.

Other crackers include viruses and other Trojans which will affect system performance.

We do not use such methods in our applications because we feel that it is an invasion of users trust.

Itch does not use this as it is designed for use with authorized hardware only. However these other programs can affect its performance if they slow down your computer and OS.

In addition it seems that at some point a hack has been performed to windows to avoid activation and licensing. These mods cause serious damage to your computer and OS.

I strongly recommend using the restore or install CD provided with your computer to make a fresh install of windows.

Every one has used unofficial programs from the web at one time or the other but it is not wise to use these on your DJ rig as they will result in problems.

Regarding the IRQ issues you will likely find that reinstalling your OS will force a resign of these solving the problem if not driver updates are available to get this working.

We have spent many thousands of hours over the last couple of years ensuring the NS7 offers the best user experience possible.

I am confident it will work for you on clean copy of your OS without any corrupt programs sourced from the web.

I hope you can understand that this is said in the most friendly of ways as advice to get you back up on your feet.

When you have a clean copy of the OS we can work from there.

Please let us know how you get on and we can do another session.

Kind Regards

Simon
DJ Bigdad 9:15 PM - 14 August, 2009
i called toshiba and last time i talked to them they said that they could not help me for my computer was OEM version and couldnt be helped... this time i stated my needs and they were meet... in 10 days i will receive a restore disc with vista on it... i hope someone can mod my vista to work better than it did when i had vista before... i also can see where bangs is coming from with the other softwares but when i get vista ill be having the same programs on there that i do now... only difference is maybe all this will work and come together. thanks for your help simon and ill contact you again when i have the new disc... what does the cclearner program u installed do?
Numark, Support
sbangs 9:33 PM - 14 August, 2009
Hi DJ BIG DAD,

We will do our best to help you out where possible.

Regarding CCleaner It is designed to remove wrong registry entries. Registry is used for program settings and OS settings.

Any hacks typically damage the registry and CCleaner can some times fix this for you.
DJ Bigdad 9:48 PM - 14 August, 2009
you seen hacks where.... lol thanks for your help bangs... is see you have help me alot with you knowledge and i thank your... in the mean time i guess i will just practice with tunes i have on the pc already... maybe doing some backing up and stuff to get ready for the fresh copy.
Numark, Support
sbangs 9:52 PM - 14 August, 2009
My suggestion would be to back up music only.

Reinstalling any of the out of date programs will result in the same problem again :-(
DJ Bigdad 10:07 PM - 14 August, 2009
ok bangs do u spin? or u just support? check this out... this is The NS7 on my computer. A recording of me freestyle... pushing the NS7... i dont know but this sound like hella good... i pushed the limits and cut alot the computer seem to work great the whole time.

www.zshare.net
the audio file
Numark, Support
sbangs 10:02 AM - 15 August, 2009
Hi DJ Bigdad,

My main work is testing the NS7/other products (primarily computer DJ products) and updates to ensure they are working optimally.

This provides me with in depth knowledge of how system configuration will affect performance.

Many of us are also DJS so we have a good understanding between us of how to best meet DJS needs.

Let us know how you get on with the reinstall :)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 9:44 PM - 16 August, 2009
Hi DJ Bigdad.

Thanks for the patience, we'll hopefully have you up and running in no time.

I'd suggest not loading any other software other than ITCH at first once you have re-installed your OS. We can then tweak Vista and your settings, and get you working great before doing anything else so you are assured ITCH is working perfectly for you.

PC is still as good as Mac, but sometimes you just need to get rid of any system conflicts.

Here's the list of basic tweaks:

* Switch off Bluetooth.
* Switch off wireless network and unplug any wired network connections.
* Switch off screen saver and set sleep mode to 'never'.
* Make sure your hard drive doesn't have a sleep mode selected.
* Calibrate your USB buffer setting. Start with the USB buffer slider at the hard right position, and slowly move it as far to the left as you can before you notice any audio interruptions or loss of performance. Ideally you will want the lowest buffer setting possible.
* Ensure you have ample room left on your hard drive (this is approximately a minimum of 10% of your hard drive capacity - both internal and external).
* Close down any other software, including antivirus software or the like.

Once you have installed, please feel free to post back here and let us know how you are going.

Many thanks to everyone's continued patience and help :D
Pilotuser 2:11 AM - 17 August, 2009
Ok sorry to interfere but a buddy of mine had the same issue like BigDad...Becaause he also wanted a Laptop besides DJng..and not everything disabled...What i did for him,,,,,i created a second hardware profile with all none essential equipmwnt OFF and i mean ALL..Cdrs Bluetooth webcams,,,soundcards,,,anything not essential needs to be OFF.....ALLLL....I mean Device Manager goin RED!!,,,,,in that way u can boot from a minimal hardware enviroment and have no Itch issues,,,but man seriously if you do not disable everything as they tell u your problem will NOT be solved...Dont mean to be rude or anything...just letting u know,,,VDJ sucks compared to itch in terms of responsiveness,,,give these guys a break!,,DJTechTools.com have a detailed Streamlining your PC instructions that can really help u,,, Itch is not ur issue..Dont get me wrong just Trying to help...I ve had Itch workin with Toshibas Hps..in almost all PC OpSys and XP is the best,,,ur in a good path...
Pilotuser 2:16 AM - 17 August, 2009
Quote:
Ok sorry to interfere but a buddy of mine had the same issue like BigDad...Becaause he also wanted a Laptop besides DJng..and not everything disabled..quote]

I c problem Solved!! disreggard! my post
DJ Bigdad 8:16 PM - 17 August, 2009
im starting to understand this idea but one that i might leave on is the soundcard. anyone else use there soundcards during shows? I have used the internet sometimes during shows ive also used itunes while doing shows... the more and more i think about the issue im having i think its much to do with conflicting drivers. I dont understand when the external hd works fine with itunes vdj and wmp, but not itch... if i could explain more about my issue i would but all i know is it works great when i first get the music in itch... after getting the music in itch i have to restart sometime or another. after coming back to itch it trys to load the songs via itunes collaborated or just threw itch it freezes. im always up for new ideas so i think im going to listen to pilotuser and try his ideas... otherwise, currently waiting for vista in the mail. This will hopefully be the end all be all.. untill i get vista im going to make some rave tunes.
Numark, Support
sbangs 8:26 PM - 17 August, 2009
Hi,

With your laptop in its current state, we cant really do much until you have reloaded your OS.

You should never use the internet during a gig it opens up a can of worms for you.

Its advisable to gig with wifi switched off infact.
DJ Bigdad 8:32 PM - 17 August, 2009
oh... ok. im going to run a new hardware profile for my GIGS and see if that doesnt make itch work better too in at the same time... I still would rather use xp than i would vista... vista was a ram sucker and even with the right stuff turned off it still sucked a quite abit of ram.. Hopefully i can turn it all off when i get vista on it. Maybe this will make my pc run better.
DJ.AJ 8:39 PM - 17 August, 2009
Glad to see your'e on the right track.
Numark, Support
sbangs 9:16 PM - 17 August, 2009
Quote:
oh... ok. im going to run a new hardware profile for my GIGS and see if that doesnt make itch work better too in at the same time... I still would rather use xp than i would vista... vista was a ram sucker and even with the right stuff turned off it still sucked a quite abit of ram.. Hopefully i can turn it all off when i get vista on it. Maybe this will make my pc run better.

Using hardware profiles would be a good idea.

I would strongly recommend against continuing to use a modified copy of windows on a gig PC as this makes it very susceptible to unexpected errors and and potential viruses.

Perhaps you should check with your local computer company to see if they can source you a retail copy of XP.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 10:42 PM - 17 August, 2009
I'll also reiterate here that if you don't get rid of the conflicting IRQ issues for your laptop, then you will be susceptible to problems for ever with your PC:

www.serato.com

Even a new install you may still have these issues.

Cheers :D
DJ.AJ 2:41 AM - 18 August, 2009
Oh and make sure its not a restored disk but in fact a raw os disk. If you use an install disk it will just set your machine back to its intial state with the same IRQ settings. You want a raw os disk to install and then you will have to manually install all of your software and i mean everything. good though because you only want ITCH and your music on the machine.
Pilotuser 2:44 PM - 18 August, 2009
Quote:
im starting to understand this idea but one that i might leave on is the soundcard. anyone else use there soundcards during shows? I have used the internet sometimes ......quote]

I have also been Using VDJ with a pair of CDJs 400 in both a full loaded llaptop and in also in a minimal config as i advised u...Its day and Night,,,Yes VDJ never really failed me in a full loaded laptop...but i know people that did fail ... However my thing was ...Hey it sounds and responds so much better on a minimal Hardware/software Profile,,,,I dont really need sound and bluetooth...I only needed to DJ,,!,,I am talking a big difference...ITCH on the other side feel a lot more picky,,,but also a lot better..amazing responsiveness,,,,sends VDJ to the can when we talk about the DJ contrlolls .... its not fancy but its for Mixin!...as a matter of fact i was so used to VDJ that it still difficult some times to mix with ITCH but ITCH is the closest thing to an actual CDJ so far,,,and thats why we all bought it i guess!..Streamline your laptop and u will love it..!..Cheers mate..

ps I am having issues my self and i understand your frustration,,,! but ITCH will Work!!!! be possitive mate!
DJ Bigdad 7:44 PM - 20 August, 2009
ok vista cam in about 4 mins ago... im going to back up all my other music and anything of true value... when this is complete im going to be back on here with the final report... i didnt get a choice between a raw os and a recovery disc... toshiba charged me 35 buck for a copy of vista home... i know sounds stupid to run this on here but well see what happens... reformating will take place at 3:30 Central time US if there are any comments someone wants to make before i do this thing...
DJMike_123 11:09 PM - 20 August, 2009
My only advice to you haveing done this with a brand new Tosh is to set the Laptop up with all the latest drivers and updates but I would say do it in this order, as the Microsoft site will say its putting the latest drivers on but they are not always the manufacture ones that are fully tested with the hardware.
1: format and install VISTA from your new disk
2: Windows update gunna take a while here get all updates check and check again
3: Latest Toshiba drivers from the Tosh web site!!!!!
4: now follow the instructions here on this site for config of vista for best running if ITCH a quick vista setup searh will find what you need, 5 steps on that from memory

if you have any problems PM me and I will try to help or I will keep my eye on this thred

I did the above on my new Toshiba running sweet at the lowest buffer settings I am when I get time, going to start re enabling the processes and apps to see what effects what but if you do the above it should all be fine

I am going to do this again with my DELL laptop soon so if you own a DELL I am working towards making them work as well this is a work of Love but I will get if working With the Help of SBANGS so hang tight guys
DJ Bigdad 2:06 AM - 21 August, 2009
I just got done putting all the Windows updates... now i guess ill go to the Toshiba website install them and then i will run a separate hardware profile (from DJTechtools.com Tutorial ) So far Vista is alot smoother than before... Does anyone have a better suggestion than AVG to run on my DJ Laptop... Im low for money so free suggestions are the best. I have spent to much money to have all this not work... now i see the light... maybe this will be the end of my attempted failures. Thanks again to the support of this website... they are much better with helping out than that of the guy at numarkNS7/Itch support over the phone. RUDE and Told me i should buy a new laptop... i dont think that is my case... as dj mike has explained... Any DJ's out there have any good connections for The Kansas City Area... My work is good and could use more shows... lol contact me djbigdad@gmail.com or check my music at www.reverbnation.com
DJ Bigdad 2:58 AM - 21 August, 2009
ok done with toshiba...
now to setup vista with itch....
Pilotuser 6:17 AM - 21 August, 2009
Hi BigDad...u cannot run multiple Harware Profiles on Vista...You can do that only with Windows XP,,,,
Numark, Support
sbangs 9:15 AM - 21 August, 2009
Hi DJ Big DAD,

Now you have that vista disk I suggest we take another look at your system send me a message on MSN when you are free.
DJ Bigdad 6:31 PM - 21 August, 2009
well ill just let bangs take a look at it... things i would like to keep when you set this up for me is a way to go from on hardware setting to the next... And with the hardware settings turned down id want all usbs and cdrom to work everything else can be turned off right.... im sure bangs will ask me more about my settings when we get there.
9:27 PM, 21 Aug 2009
sbangs attached a file: _ScratchLIVE_old.rar
Download· Permalink
Numark, Support
sbangs 9:28 PM - 21 August, 2009
Well with a fresh install a good bit of tweaking Vista now seems to be performing well.

All seems to be working perfectly now

It seemed that some how the database had also been damaged by the other apps previously on the the system.

I have uploaded this for the Seratos teams analysis.
DJ Bigdad 10:24 PM - 21 August, 2009
Remember to install iTunes with Quicktime before importing music because you wont be able to import your M4A Files... Just a word of caution... I think after all this a taken place maybe the serato team will learn something from my struggles and push them along to other... im not quite done putting all my music in itch but it sure looks more promising than it did before. thanks S Bangs
DJ Bigdad 3:46 AM - 25 August, 2009
ok back to more issues but they are small i hope... today windows update pops up with more updates after a couple of days ago saying the updates were complete... more updates? anyway started noticing more issues with the software... i noticed there is a big deal when shutting down Itch... Sometimes even freezing. Any reason why it would do this... it seems like after i add more more music this is when the itch program freezes... im kinda confused but happy because VDJ came out today... (6.02) i might try it just for the heck of things... Not that i wont forget about Itch... lol.. BTW i found some new tricks with the NS7... lol I put them in a song the otherday...
DJ Bigdad 3:49 AM - 25 August, 2009
S Bangs any reason why my data file went bad? Is this possible to happen again.... issue number two... I was running it on Latency 20 the other day with really bad feedback from the tables... i changed the frequency down to 10 then 5... at five i didnt see any issues with it but every now and again the red light on the NS7 (USBLIGHT) would blink and the music would stop... is this a bad usb connection or a bad cable? please any suggestions...
DJ Bigdad 3:50 AM - 25 August, 2009
the update from windows was vista service pack 1
D-RoC71 2:49 PM - 25 August, 2009
DJ Bigdad - NS7 & ITCH is only compatible with Vista Service Pac 2 and up.....
DJ Bigdad 4:32 PM - 25 August, 2009
oh thanks that really good to know... Today i tried to run it... with no luck... itch froze up... maybe because of Service Pack 1
DJ Bigdad 4:42 PM - 25 August, 2009
so i guess i have service pack 2 already but I need Sbangs again... My set is fucked.... So ive got my music saved in itch and all seemed to work good for a couple days... after the 5 time of no problems it freezes on shutting down of itch... Now Itch freezes when i open it... someone plz help me... there is a local club coming to town. all my friends and supporters think i should have no problem with getting a job there.... i see alot of problems with this idea because itch still sucks... for me that is...
DJ Bigdad 4:43 PM - 25 August, 2009
im sending sbangs a message...
DJ Bigdad 4:51 PM - 25 August, 2009
ok doing some more checking the service pack i had was for a security pack... not the same... im downloading vista service pack 2
8:57 PM, 25 Aug 2009
DJ Bigdad attached a file: _ScratchLIVE_old X2.rar
Download· Permalink
DJ Bigdad 8:58 PM - 25 August, 2009
hey check it out everyone another currupt data file... Someone better explain why my itch likes to poop out bad data files... this will be the third time for me having to setup itch... i know im an impatient person but how many other people have to reup all there songs every other week... this is becoming bullshit
Numark, Support
sbangs 9:06 PM - 25 August, 2009
Hi DJ Big Dad it is being checked out.

Please bare-in mind that Serato is based in NewZeland and I am in the UK so time zones will cause some delay.

Please remember this issue was likely caused by the unstable state windows was in as discussed above (20 or so posts ago)

The team will be able to say more when they can.

Now you need to make sure you have SP2 and that you have the latest Netframework from windows update.
DJ Bigdad 3:20 PM - 26 August, 2009
I have done this... i have run updates and more updates.... yesterday it seemed like all the updates were completed.... i downloaded SP2 and netFW 3.5. I had to reupload my music and then it seem to work. but when i go to open itch again it freezes... it still seems like its a problem with itch saving my data file for the external music. windows also seems to have failed Updates... im not sure why this is bc windows update says there are no more updates... how do i go about gettin those that failed... In the history it says it failed to install the new framework but if you look at the installed updates it says the new framework is installed
DJ Bigdad 3:24 PM - 26 August, 2009
DJ Bigdad 3:27 AM - 27 August, 2009
Im going to note to everyone on this site that its very critical that i get this working soon... and i mean soon i have to prepare for my next big show... i just got a job here at the local club that is just coming to town... it looks surprising for me... i should be in there 4 nights a week making good ass money... but i need my stuff to work plush... i looked at the specs for itch and my computer isnt underspec... in fact if i need to ill add some more juice to the system with a boost from the computer gods... point also said that i'm also going to ask does itch support video yet... it needs too... i hear VDJ works smooth with NS7... has effects has video mixng has stability... has Karaoke.. should i say any more... serato listen to your people/customers when they say they need more from the software... club owners are looking for me to karaoke... i know one thing i wont be using itch... but i paid 1350 us dollars and i dont get a machine with karaoke? its just a thought... anyway is there anything else i should say... I need more help with itch...

(I had to reupload my music and then it seem to work. but when i go to open itch again it freezes... it still seems like its a problem with itch saving my data file for the external music. windows also seems to have failed Updates... im not sure why this is bc windows update says there are no more updates... how do i go about gettin those that failed...)

HELP HELP HELP... if i dont figure this out soon enough im taking it to my professor... here is a programer... what im learning...
kraal 5:30 AM - 27 August, 2009
if club want karaoke, effects extra and you can not please them with your current set up then you need to change your setup sorry to say that .... you are running a risk if you can not please the customer... IF serato ITCH will work for you then i suggest getting a new computer that will work. I know it is a drastic piece3 of advise but honestly there are a few facts to look at that cannot be denied
1 FACT : your computer is not working with ITCH
2 FACT : others are running ITCH just fine with a different computer
I hope you ubderstand the nature of my post... basically at this point you are at a by any means nessesary point in this deal
DJ Bigdad 7:26 AM - 27 August, 2009
its understood... i just dont understand why my computer will run fine with the music on my internal hd... i would like to have it where i could run the rest of my music from the external... its not a hardware issue with my computer... it seems to work great with out the external this is why i know its not my computer... i understand the meaning of your post kraal and have taken that in to thought... but at this point im going to have to buy sound equipment to house my party scene. So dropping more money for a new laptop is kinda in my eyes point less... maybe buying a new hard drive might be a good play but buying a new pc seems unneeded. like i said before its issue with itch saving/remembering that data file. Ive numark strong for many years and seen great prospect with NS7... watched the specs for my pc and new it was going to work great... im sure theres others out there that have the same pc i have and do it great... from my point of view i see greatness from this software in the future... but so far all i see is failure... Hope fully ill get a report from serato soon about my issues... after my 1st class tomorrow you can bet support will be gettin another call. I hate calling support especially when they dont respect djs. There customers... im not bashing or being disrespectful because thats not who i am but you must understand my nerves. this is my one chance to shine and all i have is nerves tensing up. I paid big money for this unit and im still having issues... im a cpu major and i know that 2 gbs of ram and a 1.8 duo intel is more than speed and ram to run this... After seeing my cpu run great without the external hd its hard to say my computer is outdated or too slow.
Numark, Support
sbangs 8:32 AM - 27 August, 2009
Hi,

Sorry to see your still having a problem with your PC.

The computer spec is fine alas it seems that either there is a internal hardware problem or another driver or program effecting windows performance.

Low performance and IRQ issues can cause usb latency or mean that there is less available bandwidth for your usb devices. I.E harddrives.

It is also possible that the drive may be currupt in some way, perhaps you should copy the music off the drive reformat it and copy it back on.

You may also want to run a diskcheck and defrag on the drive to make sure there are no physical problems.

To run a diskcheck in my computer right click on the drive and choose properties, then tools then diskcheck.

Most troubling, it seems that there is a issue with your PC updating, this can be caused by IRQ problems, drivers, not being an admin or loosing internet connection.

I would suggest using a network cable for some of these larger updates to be sure its not timing out.

If your computer asks to restart let it do so after these updates.

This is unfortunately beyond our control as Windows and Windows update is a product of Microsoft. Perhaps if the updates are still failing you should use your one free call to Microsoft to find the cause.

Each copy of windows is entitled to one free support call you can pick up the number on their website or perhaps Tohsiba can help.

Personally I do not follow what you are saying about not getting help.

I would like every one to be able to enjoy the unit as much as I do.

I think the good people here have gone way beyond the normal level of support to try to help you with this. Including allot of advise/support on 3rd party computer issues out of hours, remote support ect.

Please try to work with us and hopefully together we can make more headway.

When the Serato guys have had a chance to look at the database maybe they can tell us what is wrong with the drive.

Best Regards

Simon
DJ Bigdad 8:51 AM - 27 August, 2009
im not referring to anyone not helping me on the internet... ive been gettin most of my best help from the forums... The telephone is where i become angry... the man on other side is rude and some what missunderstood... everyone on here is have been great... i did a defrag on my external hd and did a check with no issues... i dont know what is cause my pain... i dont mean to be rude with anyone on here because everyone on the web has been very helpfull... i wouldnt be talking shit to those here because you SBANGS and others have been very helpful
kraal 1:08 PM - 27 August, 2009
dj bigdad... externals are cheap. how big do you need? I say buy one load. it all up and test it. If it works you know the issues was your HD. if it doesnt work wipe it and return it.
again all my advice at this point is to get you up and running to impress this club
DJ Bigdad 3:00 PM - 27 August, 2009
im taking it to a professor...
DJ Bigdad 11:47 PM - 27 August, 2009
ok long story short... im using firewire now instead of USB... Seems to work... i think the NS7 is hogging up all the data speed and causing no other USB devices to work while it is connected.... the fire wire is large end to small end... im putting my music on right now and seems like there not issue... after i added the first two folders i restarted and now finishing the rest of the music. No Database failure yet... im starting to see the light.... lol
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 12:20 AM - 28 August, 2009
I've passed the database file to our developers.

But what you say about the USB vs Firewire for your drive makes sense, we see this often with laptop manufacturers who have poor quality USB ports, poor USB internal architecture or poor drivers.
Keep playing around, and see if that fixes things.

However I will point out you should make sure you are running as clean an install as you can.

You should not install any new software, do any new tweaks, or do anything until you are happy with your setup. Any tweaks or cracks you introduce to your system can have disastrous results. Especially using tweaks or cracks :-(

We don't want to get back to the point of asking you to do a clean install of the operating system again. (I'm sure you don't either!) You are now starting to see some cool professional DJ action, so I'd recommend keeping your laptop clean if you're wanting to use it for DJ purposes.

Keep us posted how you go, hopefully you will be running smooth now.

Cheers.
DJ Bigdad 12:35 AM - 28 August, 2009
i think you might be right matt... i took it to some nerds around my home town and they seem to disable about everything they could on vista even more than SBangs did... but regardless i think the USB ports are confused or something... i dont really care i just want it to work... and so far the firewire looks like its my answer... and best of all itch acually saves a working database file
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 12:41 AM - 28 August, 2009
Vista as an OS is pretty bulky, even if you don't add anything to it, but yeah, clean it out, strip it back properly, and make sure your system is running tight.

As for the USB - chances are the internal USB switcher wasn't enjoying the external and NS7 being plugged in at the same time, often a USB driver update can fix this, but it could be something hardware being overloaded in the laptop.

If you're sweet with using Firewire, then keep using that, and you should be ready to rock!
:D
DJdaveZ 4:10 AM - 31 August, 2009
wow this was a long thread to read...

How about using a USB hub? powered or unpowered.. maybe that would help... but i guess it sounds as if the USB is conflicting with itself somehow.

i have to say, i thought i'd learn something from reading it... nope.
I learned maybe that toshiba and vista are both garbage, but most people already know that.

i had an issue with a HD a while back.. it was because the file system was NTFS and not FAT32 and i run a Mac. It wouldnt save anything because it appeared as read only. definitely not the same issue here...

Bigdad... i just have to say a couple things to you...

Why were you so disrespectful to the people here on the forum at the beginning of this discussion? you did get better as this went on but you were pretty much a jerk a couple times. I understand you were frustrated, but it wasn't Serato's fault.

You can NOT blame anyone but yourself, ever, for losing money because you cant do a gig. If you were a DJ before picking up the NS7, then you should have backup equipment to use to DJ with...

If you truly are a computer science major, learn the difference between threw and through, and there and their... that gets annoying to read and makes people think your intelligence is not all there.

btw.. for karaoke, you can use winamp with a mp3+g plugin to play the karaoke files.
DJ Bigdad 3:16 PM - 31 August, 2009
ya i was really frustrated with the whole ordeal. I have apologized to some of those who helped me out... but at the same time people were making suggestions or comments about things id already posted id done... it gets annoying to hear people tell me to turn my wifi off when it has nothing to do with the wifi... Now right now my computer works like a charm and its because of something totally different than wifi... According to my professor, he explained the idea of the USB's being absorbed all the speed from the High powered midi... usually you can run multiple USB's... in my case maybe toshiba computers do suck but they do work for what needs to be done. sorry about my grammar im not an English major so i apologize. My disrespect came from the 1350 i spend when i paided for a 35 lbs brick... More disrespect from my crowds because of the glitching or the freezing... this is why i was highly frustrated and having second thoughts about this company.. All is well... i started using firewire seems to work fine now...
D-RoC71 3:28 PM - 31 August, 2009
DJ Bigdad - I had my Toshiba since 2007 - I used it with TORQ and had no issues at all. And TORQ had a lot more features than ITCH ( a lot more) and my Toshiba ran flawlessly. I only used an external HD for back up, not to play music from.
Than I bought the NS7 and my Toshiba had no hicups. It just had a little bit of a delay but it's absolutely unnoticeable. But I can tell because I've been producing music for 10 yrs and I'm quite familiar with latency.
Even though my Toshiba is not giving me any problems, I decided to buy a much better equipment to handle the NS7 so that I can utilize its full potential. So I bought the MBP and you can totally tell the difference. The respond time is immaculate.
Bottom line is if you're going to use a powerful machine such as NS7, you need to INVEST on something that can do more than just handling it. Treat is as an INVESTMENT.
In the long run, it will pay off. My gigs actually had paid off for my macbook and NS7. So now, everything is a profit with no headaches.
That is just my suggestion.
But don't be deterred, keep on spinning bro!!!!
DJ Bigdad 4:05 PM - 31 August, 2009
i wont stop... lol with the ns7 seems to be working great now that i use usb for the NS7 and firewire for the external... seems to work like a charm this way.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 11:54 PM - 31 August, 2009
Great news that things are running smooth.
We'll close this thread down for now, but feel free to repost in here if you continue to have the above problems and the thread will reopen.

If you have a new problem, it'll be best to start a new help thread, this one is quite big.

Thanks for your patience DJ Bigdad! Much appreciated, even if it did feel frustrating.

Good luck with the upcoming gigs :D
DJ Bigdad 2:19 AM - 1 September, 2009
Just a special thanks to everyone... SBANGS took the time out of his day to help out and i thank him the most but everyone helped out and i do appreciate it.
DJ Bigdad 3:55 AM - 19 October, 2009
Please Help me out Someone seeing peak in the Processor...
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 4:06 AM - 19 October, 2009
Hi DJ Bigdad, this thread was massive and sprawling, and it would be a lot easier if you could start a new help thread with your exact laptop specs and a detailed explanation of your current issue :D
Cheers.
DJ Bigdad 12:42 AM - 7 December, 2009
I started having issues with the Vista and have installed a copy of windows 7 on my tower pc. anyway seen no problems with it working on my tower so i did it to my dj rig. Windows 7 seems to be working smooth and all other programs seem to work great. Itch is having drop out again and could really use the help of a professional... Opportunities coming up soon so i could use the help asap!!!! thanks again for your help!!!
Numark, Support
sbangs 9:33 AM - 7 December, 2009
Hi DJ BIGdad,
Its never a good idea to replace your tried and tested OS with a new OS.
Typically there are several key and important updates released in the first few months to make a new OS work. Also many drivers may need to be updated for best support in Windows 7. Remember Itch requires a stable environment to perform at its best.

Please can you make a fresh topic with your details for Windows 7 and make sure that you are running a full copy of Windows 7 and ensure that you have the latest updates for both windows and your drivers.

Best Wishes

Simon
DJ Bigdad 8:21 PM - 7 December, 2009
Actually with 7 i have very little issues. Drop outs being the only one. but i have been having the drops out since day one... i think its something else yet i havent been able to figure it out. I also wanted to say now with 7 it runs better than xp. making 7 my new best friend. I know NS7 isnt 100% compatible but different DJ's have backing the fact that it works fine.. Mine seems to work fine as well but with some minor issues with drops out.. MIDI Dropouts. the Red light at the top of the software comes on and the red light on the NS7 goes on and off. I noticed less drops out with the Wifi off. But still seeing drops outs... the Windows is a Fresh copy and has mainly everything taken off of it so it will run smooth. also before i wrote this issue i had not updated win7 yet. Overnight i did so and seeing no issues currently but im sure they will be back!!! any suggestions on where to get the NSFX? Im looking to get a small warranty or even the VFX1. Ive paid more attention to the NSFX because it will look really nice with the NS7... but in all respects which is the true better product? thanks for your help bangs!!!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 2:34 AM - 8 December, 2009
Hi DJ Bigdad.

Dropouts as far as we are concerned are a big issue and shouldn't happen at all with a correctly set up computer. So if you want to start a new help thread as sbangs suggests then we can help you. Make sure you provide all your computer information (make, model, CPU type and speed, RAM, hard drive, any other USB devices used etc).

Again, there are many basic things you will need to do for audio performance, and the main one is to keep the wireless (or wired) network off. Before going any further, make sure you are doing absolutely everything in this article whenever you play with the NS7: www.serato.com

As for the NSFX - I'd suggest doing a web search for one, or contact your local retailer :D

Good luck.
DJ_Bany 9:29 PM - 8 December, 2009
Quote:
it asked about backing up this time.... before it didnt... disabling my hd audio card is going to do what.... disabling wifi... oh my god.... does anyone really understand itch... these have nothing to do with it... DEFINE THE PROBLEM... ITCH wont save the data file that loads my external music... ITCH PROBLEM...

this is my understanding.
rainrecording.com
and it is always recommended to disable internal audio card when using an external a.k.a NS7 since it is a sound card. Does that make any sense?? For what it's worth :)