Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

First Impressions: DDJ 1000 SRT

Chino 8:56 PM - 28 August, 2019
The long awaited Serato version of the DDJ 1000 is finally here! Was it worth the wait??? Absolutely!! That said, I have compiled a list of Pros & Cons with some critical feedback...

PROs:
Large Mechanical Jog wheels with Tension Adjust
Magvel Fader
Mixer Hardware Efxs
Jog Wheel Screens matches Serato
Hits the portability "Sweet Spot" of features Versus controller size

CONS:
Channel faders feel "wobbly" (some left/right give to them)
Tempo fader is Accurate but feels ruff/grainy
No hardware control of Serato Efxs
Serato Efx are NOT post fader

The jog wheels, Mag fader & external efxs are obviously the DDJ1000 SRT's strengths. I would have preferred a hardware adjust knob for the cross fader but adjustments can be made via the software. The Mag fader's cut in can also be adjusted in the software.

The mechanical jog wheels with tension adjust feel GREAT!! I no longer have to worry about unresponsive touch capacitive jog wheels due to "grounding issues. I also prefer the Serato screens that mirror what is displayed on the laptop. Simple but elegant & just the right amount of info is displayed without it feeling cluttered or cramped. I would like to have the 'Key' of a song displayed on the jog wheel screens though (HINT HINT @Serato).

The Mag fader is probably the best feeling STOCK controller fader at the moment. There are of course better aftermarket faders available but those come at additional cost to us end users. Pioneer's hardware efxs sound great & are post fader. The hardware efxs are so good that I really DON'T miss using the Serato efx at all! The only reason I even listed no hardware control of Serato efxs(No Serato Post Fader Efxs) as a CON is because I know there is a large group of DJs who love using them & layering Efxs.

As mentioned above, I am concerned about the loose wobbly feeling channel faders. Time will tell if they hold up. The Tempo slider is accurate but feels gritty like its sliding on sand paper. I prefer a smooth sliding Tempo slider like the one on the DJ-808. Now, lets talk about sound quality. I was pleasantly surprised with the overall sound of the DDJ1000SRT. Its better than the SX series but not quite as warm/punchy as the sound of the DJ-808. Overall it's good!

Another area of concern is the Hardware Efx Auto bpm matching Serato. Does SYNC need to be activated for it to work properly? It can be tapped in but it would be better if a Firmware update could improve it. The Loop function is also worth mentioning. I remapped the Loop buttons to work more logically. THANK YOU to the DJs here on Serato's forum who explained in detail how to do it. I also may MIDI map the SYNC button to one of my favorite Serato efxs.

Overall, I am very happy with the DDJ1000. I would like to see a three band Mic Eq & hardware control of Serato post fader efxs in the MKII version. We all know how Pioneer DJ operates- purposely omitting certain features/hardware control so it can be included on the MKII version...
SG SOUNDS 12:05 AM - 29 August, 2019
Quote:
The long awaited Serato version of the DDJ 1000 is finally here! Was it worth the wait??? Absolutely!! That said, I have compiled a list of Pros & Cons with some critical feedback...

PROs:
Large Mechanical Jog wheels with Tension Adjust
Magvel Fader
Mixer Hardware Efxs
Jog Wheel Screens matches Serato
Hits the portability "Sweet Spot" of features Versus controller size

CONS:
Channel faders feel "wobbly" (some left/right give to them)
Tempo fader is Accurate but feels ruff/grainy
No hardware control of Serato Efxs
Serato Efx are NOT post fader

The jog wheels, Mag fader & external efxs are obviously the DDJ1000 SRT's strengths. I would have preferred a hardware adjust knob for the cross fader but adjustments can be made via the software. The Mag fader's cut in can also be adjusted in the software.

The mechanical jog wheels with tension adjust feel GREAT!! I no longer have to worry about unresponsive touch capacitive jog wheels due to "grounding issues. I also prefer the Serato screens that mirror what is displayed on the laptop. Simple but elegant & just the right amount of info is displayed without it feeling cluttered or cramped. I would like to have the 'Key' of a song displayed on the jog wheel screens though (HINT HINT @Serato).

The Mag fader is probably the best feeling STOCK controller fader at the moment. There are of course better aftermarket faders available but those come at additional cost to us end users. Pioneer's hardware efxs sound great & are post fader. The hardware efxs are so good that I really DON'T miss using the Serato efx at all! The only reason I even listed no hardware control of Serato efxs(No Serato Post Fader Efxs) as a CON is because I know there is a large group of DJs who love using them & layering Efxs.

As mentioned above, I am concerned about the loose wobbly feeling channel faders. Time will tell if they hold up. The Tempo slider is accurate but feels gritty like its sliding on sand paper. I prefer a smooth sliding Tempo slider like the one on the DJ-808. Now, lets talk about sound quality. I was pleasantly surprised with the overall sound of the DDJ1000SRT. Its better than the SX series but not quite as warm/punchy as the sound of the DJ-808. Overall it's good!

Another area of concern is the Hardware Efx Auto bpm matching Serato. Does SYNC need to be activated for it to work properly? It can be tapped in but it would be better if a Firmware update could improve it. The Loop function is also worth mentioning. I remapped the Loop buttons to work more logically. THANK YOU to the DJs here on Serato's forum who explained in detail how to do it. I also may MIDI map the SYNC button to one of my favorite Serato efxs.

Overall, I am very happy with the DDJ1000. I would like to see a three band Mic Eq & hardware control of Serato post fader efxs in the MKII version. We all know how Pioneer DJ operates- purposely omitting certain features/hardware control so it can be included on the MKII version...

So do you prefer the srt over your dj808?

Is the sound quality on the srt the same as the sz2? or somewhere between the sx and the sz?

what did you do to remap the loop function?
Chino 1:50 AM - 29 August, 2019
Quote:
So do you prefer the srt over your dj808?

For mobile gigs I prefer the SRT due to the larger jogs,fader, 2 mics etc. For remixing, hands down the DJ-808 is built for that. I will keep it in my studio for that purpose.

Quote:
Is the sound quality on the srt the same as the sz2? or somewhere between the sx and the sz?

Its somewhere between the SX & SZ2. The DJ808 wins in the sound quality department! Roland DEF got that right!!

Quote:
what did you do to remap the loop function?

I MIDI mapped the 4bar loop button to AUTO. I mapped the left round button to 1/2 & the right round button to 2x. I had to repeat the process for all 4 decks. Now I can loop with one hand. No shift button needed!
casious 2:32 AM - 29 August, 2019
Nice and fair review.

Fully agree w the serato fx, not a loss for me either, I dont layer, and I like the hardware fx.

I also midi mapped the 1/2 and 2x loop buttons.

I also midi mapped the crossfader curve to the sampler volume knob.

What about using the sampler? Well that and the serato fx fall in the same bucket for me. I've had an SP1 since it first came out, just dusted it off and I have full hardware control of serato fx and my sampler volume back.

My channel faders feel solid, I dont have what you explained.

Agreed on the pitch slider.

One thing do I have, the top layer of my right jogwheel sits a bit loose and kinda separated from below. If you tap the top there's a noticeable space between the top and below it. The left jogwheel is not like that. It doesnt affect playback, scratching, pitch bend, the screen display, and I dont need to put any more pressure than on the left deck for it to engage, so hopefully it'll be fine. I've been putting it through the fire, and hasn't gotten worse and still performs properly.
Dj Youkai 4:14 AM - 29 August, 2019
Quote:
would have preferred a hardware adjust knob for the cross fader but adjustments can be made via the software. The Mag fader's cut in can also be adjusted in the software

You can also adjust the Crossfader Cut within the Hardware itself by Going Into Utilities Mode.
Here's a Video. Hope this Helps šŸ˜Š

youtu.be
DJ Tecniq 6:49 AM - 29 August, 2019
Quote:
You can also adjust the Crossfader Cut within the Hardware itself by Going Into Utilities Mode.
Here's a Video. Hope this Helps šŸ˜Š

youtu.be
This is dope man would be sweet if you could adjust the bpm range for the beat fx like that too. Isnā€™t the result range 80-170 bpm or something lol wtf were they thinking.
DJ Tecniq 6:50 AM - 29 August, 2019
Result =default. My bad
djccccc 8:47 AM - 29 August, 2019
Some good posts here, I just which Pioneer and Serato could make the FX area Fully Midi mappable like they are in Virtual DJ

Major error here .......................... You should be able to customerise this fully like on S9 and SX2 or SX3
djccccc 8:51 AM - 29 August, 2019
Also the Signal is been sent by the unit as it was fully MIDI mappable on Virtual DJ 8, on the FX, moving the pot left or right got a signal that Virtual DJ showed up fully!
Chino 11:55 AM - 29 August, 2019
Quote:
You can also adjust the Crossfader Cut lag within the Hardware itself by going Into Utilities Mode.

The UTILITIES mode on the SRT was a great find-LOL! It's amazing what discoverys can be made when someone takes the time to READ the manual- LMAO!!

Did I take the time to read the manual??? Of course not!! ; )
djccccc 9:36 PM - 29 August, 2019
casious :: "I also midi mapped the 1/2 and 2x loop buttons"

Can I ask how you have done this, as Serato will only allow me to "Map" these to a Pot function. It doesn't allow me to say .. two separate buttons

I want to use the "In" and "Out" Feature as well ..... Ive messed about with it and it will not allow me to assign these buttons (basically I want to swap them around lol .... As I want to use the unit similar to the S9 or SX2

Any advise on this please

Thanks
Chino 11:45 PM - 29 August, 2019
This YouTube vid will show you exactly how to MIDI map the loop buttons on the SRT...

Watchm.youtube.com
Dj Youkai 11:45 PM - 29 August, 2019
Quote:
This is dope man would be sweet if you could adjust the bpm range for the beat fx like that too. Isnā€™t the result range 80-170 bpm or something lol wtf were they thinking.

Thanks.. Yeah the range is weird. Hopefully they will fix it in a firmware or something and just mirror it to Serato Pro instead.
SG SOUNDS 10:42 AM - 30 August, 2019
Quote:
Its somewhere between the SX & SZ2. The DJ808 wins in the sound quality department! Roland DEF got that right!!

I kinda figured this scenario because when I first heard the original dj1000 it sounded exactly the same as the sx3 which imo dont sound good, yet there are a few in the srt thread who swears the srt blows the bigger sz2 away in sound quality and in my mind I thought they was exaggerating to justify thier purchase.

I know for a fact the sz2 uses a better soundcard than than the sx series and is the best sounding soundcard of the pioneer controllers, still not as good as the Roland and Denon controllers.

I remember when the s9 first came out many of the pioneer fan boys sweard it blew the rane 62 out the water in sound quality, when I did my own side by side I found that statement to be a bunch of bs, the 62 imo sounded warmer
Chino 11:50 AM - 30 August, 2019
Quote:
Would be sweet if you could adjust the bpm range for the beat fx like that too.

This is a GOOD idea! Maybe having 3 different bpm ranges in the UTILITY menu to select from?

Today's hip hop is slower BUT some Merengue, Bachata & Drum & Bass etc is fast.

As mentioned above, Pioneer could also just simply match(mirror) Serato's bpm...
DJ Tecniq 12:15 PM - 30 August, 2019
Quote:
This is a GOOD idea! Maybe having 3 different bpm ranges in the UTILITY menu to select from?
Bingo! Maybe the engineers were like hey djs still spin happy hardcorešŸ˜
DJ Tecniq 1:16 PM - 30 August, 2019
Bum unit or nah?
youtu.be
Chino 1:31 PM - 30 August, 2019
Quote:
Bum unit or nah?
youtu.be

The unit is perfectly fine. The cross fader start is on.

The UTILITY menu on the SRT is a MAGICAL place! All kinds of hidden treasures can be found there!!
DJ Tecniq 1:56 PM - 30 August, 2019
Quote:
The unit is perfectly fine. The cross fader start is on.

The UTILITY menu on the SRT is a MAGICAL place! All kinds of hidden treasures can be found there!!
I donā€™t think he knows what heā€™s doing. The hot cue was acting like it should but the fader start is not supposed to be on by default like that out the box. Maybe he got a used unit or testing wasnā€™t cleared from the factory.
Chino 4:43 PM - 30 August, 2019
I forgot to mention some SRT features that I really appreciate.

1. The mixer is standalone.
2. Two Mics completely independent of the 4 line channels on the mixer.
3. Dedicated Censor button
4. Dedicated Beat Jump buttons
5. Dedicated beat Grid Adj./slide button
6. Dedicated KEY buttons

I like the current manufacturing trend of having as much hardware control of the software as possible. A 1 to 1 ratio is what I usually prefer.
Chino 8:16 PM - 30 August, 2019
I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND/ENCOURAGE DDJ-1000SRT owners to submit a bug report and/or feature request directly to Pioneer DJ for the Auto BPM detection Bug.

This can be done by posting on their forum:

www.pioneerdj.com

If you feel more comfortable, feel free to like, share and/or comment

on my post listed below:

forums.pioneerdj.com
PFFABG 10:18 PM - 30 August, 2019
Quote:
I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND/ENCOURAGE DDJ-1000SRT owners to submit a bug report and/or feature request directly to Pioneer DJ for the Auto BPM detection Bug.

www.pioneerdj.com

on my post listed below:

forums.pioneerdj.com

I second this! It really should be mirroring the BPM from Serato, as the original 1000 does with rekordbox. Iā€™ve also messaged both Serato and Pioneer about this. Seems from their responses that they are looking at a fix šŸ˜Š.

The more people bringing this issue up with them, the better the chance we have of getting it fixed šŸ¤žšŸ»
DJ Marv the Maverick 12:15 AM - 31 August, 2019
Quote:

www.pioneerdj.com

on my post listed below:

forums.pioneerdj.com

Pulse will close the thread!
Chino 1:37 AM - 31 August, 2019
Quote:

LOL! I hope not!!
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:35 AM - 31 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

LOL! I hope not!!

He already did lol.

... dev team is aware, no need to start a new thread and closed from further .....
Chino 11:46 AM - 31 August, 2019
Quote:
He already did lol.

... dev team is aware, no need to start a new thread and closed from further .....

WOW! That was fast!! Well, I tried. At least Pioneer knows about the issue. I also submitted a HELP ticket to Serato.

Hopefully, there will be a firmware update resolution in the near future.
PFFABG 12:08 PM - 31 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
He already did lol.

WOW! That was fast!! Well, I tried. At least Pioneer knows about the issue. I also submitted a HELP ticket to Serato.

Thereā€™s a feature request thread for it over there though that I think is still open

forums.pioneerdj.com
Chino 12:40 PM - 31 August, 2019
Quote:
Thereā€™s a feature request thread for it over there though that I think is still open

forums.pioneerdj.com

Thanks for posting the link! I added my .02 in favor of improving the FX Auto bpm function.

It feels like Pioneer DJ is treating this as a feature request INSTEAD of the urgent issue/bug that it is?!

Completely omitting a particular bpm range is a serious error that NEEDS to be corrected!! A lot of current Hip Hop is in the 60 - 79 bpm range.
PFFABG 12:46 PM - 31 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

forums.pioneerdj.com

Thanks for posting the link! I added my .02 in favor of improving the FX Auto bpm function.

It feels like Pioneer DJ is treating this as a feature request INSTEAD of the urgent issue/bug that it is?!

Completely omitting a particular bpm range is a serious error that NEEDS to be corrected!! A lot of current Hip Hop is in the 60 - 79 bpm range.

True, but I would much rather they just mirrored the BPM from Serato though. Surely thatā€™s the best solution.

The FX determining the BPM based off the audio signal, on a controller that costs over Ā£1300 is laughable.

The rekordbox version does this out of the box and costs less, itā€™s a slap in the face for Serato users imo
Chino 1:05 PM - 31 August, 2019
Quote:
Itā€™s a SLAP in the face for Serato users, imo

I agree!! Please fix this ASAP!!! @PioneerDJ
DJ Tecniq 3:30 PM - 31 August, 2019
I used to have a DJM 700 which did not have any bpm range issue. Obvious design flaw with the srt.
DJ Marv the Maverick 12:34 PM - 1 September, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
He already did lol.

This is a video if that cue points behavior

youtu.be
DJ Marv the Maverick 12:35 PM - 1 September, 2019
*of
DJ Marv the Maverick 4:40 PM - 2 September, 2019
How it behaves on the DDJ 1000 Rekordbox.

youtu.be

This will be desired.

šŸ‘ŒšŸ¾
Chino 6:33 PM - 2 September, 2019
Quote:

youtu.be

This will be desired.

šŸ‘ŒšŸ¾

It would be cool if the SRT worked the same way as the DDJ-1000. At this point though, I'm just hoping for a fix to the Fx Auto bpm issue.

Adding the same
CUE point functionality on the jog wheel display screens would be a very welcome feature. I would also like the 'KEY' of a song displayed on the jog wheel screens too(as stated above).
PFFABG 8:25 PM - 2 September, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

youtu.be

This will be desired.

šŸ‘ŒšŸ¾

It would be cool if the SRT worked the same way as the DDJ-1000. At this point though, I'm just hoping for a fix to the Fx Auto bpm issue.

Adding the same
CUE point functionality on the jog wheel display screens would be a very welcome feature. I would also like the 'KEY' of a song displayed on the jog wheel screens too(as stated above).

+1
Djkom 9:37 PM - 2 September, 2019
+1
DJ Marv the Maverick 10:33 PM - 2 September, 2019
Quote:

The video was to demonstrate the issue of the jog cue indicator jumping back to 12 o clock.

PS
I did spend some time with the og 1000 today. Itā€™s a great unit and Iā€™m sure the SRT is as well.
DJ-XL 1:57 AM - 3 September, 2019
Quote:
This YouTube vid will show you exactly how to MIDI map the loop buttons on the SRT...

Watchm.youtube.com

Once I MIDI mapped the (IN -1/2x), (OUT - 2x) buttons they didn't light up. You can fix this by modifying the MIDI XML that you saved.

Here is a portion I changed to get the lights back on for the (IN -1/2x), (OUT - 2x)
<control channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="20">
<userio event="click">
<auto_loop_enable deck_set="Default" deck_id="0" slot_id="0">
<translation action_on="press" behaviour="toggle"/>
</auto_loop_enable>
</userio>
<userio event="output">
<translation action_on="any">
<alias name="on" value="127"/>
<alias name="off" value="0"/>
<alias name="trigger" value="0"/>
</translation>
</auto_loop_enable>
</userio>
</control>

By changing the alias name="on" value=" " from 0 to 127 this will turn the light back on. Make sure you change the "off" value to value="0" so when you push the (IN -1/2x) or (OUT - 2x) buttons the light will turn off.

You will need to change this for all 4 buttons.

<loop_length_double> for both deck_id's
<loop_length_half> for both deck id's
Chino 2:59 PM - 3 September, 2019
Quote:

PS
I did spend some time with the og 1000 today. Itā€™s a great unit and Iā€™m sure the SRT is as well.

They are both great units! I'm 'Serato4Life' so I bought the SRT.
Chino 2:45 AM - 9 September, 2019
*GIG REPORT*

My first 5hr event with the DDJ-1000 SRT yesterday. It worked GREAT! No issues to report.

Btw, the mic pre-amps sound MUCH BETTER than the SX series!! I absolutely LOVE the large mechanical jog wheels & Mag fader!!

Now, all we need is for the Auto bpm for Fxs to be able to read Serato bpm info!! It gets tedious to have to manually tap the beat in every time I need to use an Fx!!!

mid 2012 MBP OS X 10.12.6
2.6 i7 quad core 16 GB RAM
1 TB Samsung Evo 860 SSD (internal)
2 TB Samsung T5 SSD (external music & vids)
Serato 2.2.2 (22203)

DayMode ON
WiFi OFF
Bluetooth OFF
M.E. 2.7.1
USB BUFFER 5 MS
Serato Screen Refresh set to 30
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:35 AM - 9 September, 2019
Quote:
Now, all we need is for the Auto bpm for Fxs to be able to read Serato bpm info!! It gets tedious to have to manually tap the beat in every time I need to use an Fx!!!

What is the SRT equivalent for Echo out?
Chino 11:50 AM - 9 September, 2019
Quote:

The closest equivalent would be the 'ECHO' hardware efx. Not quite the same but gets the job done.
DJ Unique 7:19 PM - 9 September, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

You can map that effect for the "SYNC" button.
DJ Tecniq 7:42 PM - 9 September, 2019
Echo out is trash in Serato. Hardware echo is spot on. I get wanting other Serato fx but echo out noooo.
Phatboy 8:22 PM - 9 September, 2019
I have the ddj sz2 I don't like the feel on the jog wheels at all and cant get use to it at all.
I also find there are several buttons I never use Serato flip controls sample record etc.

I have been told the feel on the jog wheels of the ddj 1000 srt are much better especially for scratching (closer to cdjs) plus a simpler layout and smaller overall size of controller??

Any thoughts?
Thanks.
Dan
Chino 12:57 AM - 10 September, 2019
Quote:
I have been told the feel on the jog wheels of the ddj 1000 srt are much better especially for scratching (closer to cdjs) plus a simpler layout and smaller overall size of controller??

+1! It's all personal preference but I def like the mechanical jogs, Mag fader & portability of the DDJ-1000SRT!!
Djkom 7:05 AM - 10 September, 2019
There's just one small issue with the mechanical jogwheel of DDJ 1000/1000SRT: We have to press quite hard on the platter to make it work...harder than the CDJ 2000

I don't know if it can be adjust but when I play with it I failed some scratches because I use to be very soft with my turntables to avoid needle jump.
DJ Marv the Maverick 12:30 PM - 10 September, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You can map that effect for the "SYNC" button.

No tail right? I donā€™t have any controller or unit without post fader fix and Iā€™m used to just dropping the fader after activating echo out

If one pushes echo out without dropping the fader does it behave as it should

I remember duck echo on the 62. That was nice.
Chino 5:57 PM - 10 September, 2019
Quote:
There's just one small issue with the mechanical jogwheel of DDJ 1000/1000SRT: We have to press quite hard on the platter to make it work...harder than the CDJ 2000

It def takes some adjusting coming from vinyl. I'm heavy handed so it works for me.
KayPlaya 12:26 AM - 11 September, 2019
Quote:

Man, that sounds pretty annoying. I'm stuck between getting the SZ2 or the 1000SRT. 2 major things pushing me toward the 1000SRT are price, and it forcing me to finally become comfortable on CDJs. No auto bpm is going to frustrate me a little but I guess it's the same on the nexus setup
Lebron Sinclair 5:21 AM - 11 September, 2019
Man, that sounds pretty annoying. I'm stuck between getting the SZ2 or the 1000SRT. 2 major things pushing me toward the 1000SRT are price, and it forcing me to finally become comfortable on CDJs. No auto bpm is going to frustrate me a little but I guess it's the same on the nexus setup

I'm in the same boat. I really do like the size of 1000 SRT for transport, but SZ2 allows you fully maximize the capability of Serato on the controller intuitively. For example flip control and in my opinion a better position for the looping system. Honestly just hoping they comeout with a DDJ SZ3 with CDJ jogs and buttons for beat jump controls.
DJ Nin 3:33 PM - 11 September, 2019
A 2 channel SZ with CDJ jog wheels would be incredible.

In the words of Skee-Lo: I wish.
Lebron Sinclair 4:08 PM - 11 September, 2019
Serato needs to makes its own hardware, especially for the flagship controller. We are due for DDJ SZ3. Iā€™m waiting to January for NAMM announcements before I pull trigger on any equipment.
Chino 7:49 PM - 11 September, 2019
Quote:
Iā€™m waiting to January for NAMM announcements before I pull trigger on any equipment.

Im excited about NAMM 2020! I have a "feeling" there is gonna be lots of cool things announced!! ; )
DMax32284 1:08 AM - 14 September, 2019
I've had the SZ2 since drop, and just got the SRT this week. I'm very glad I didn't sell the SZ2 first.

I love the hardware effects and the jogs. Otherwise it REALLY feels like a step back from the SZ2. I don't love the size of the SZ2 and I wish it had mixer effects, but otherwise its hands down a better controller than the SRT. The sound quality is noticeably different. The jog wheels are less responsive, even though they look/feel nicer. The channel faders feel like trash compared to the SZ2, way too much friction, but they may need to be broken in some. I realize it takes some time to get use to new gear, but I don't think I'm going to hang on to the SRT. I will either be returning or selling this thing.
Lebron Sinclair 4:09 AM - 14 September, 2019
Thanks for that input! Will see whatā€™s announced in January if nothing looks good, DDJ SZ2 it is......
funkyfresh2012 12:29 AM - 15 September, 2019
Quote:
scratches

My thoughts exactly.
funkyfresh2012 12:30 AM - 15 September, 2019
Quote:

I don't know if it can be adjust but when I play with it I failed some scratches because I use to be very soft with my turntables to avoid needle jump.

My thoughts exactly ^^^
DJ KNOCK LV 10:51 AM - 17 September, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

SRT my g! the SZ2 is cool, but the scratching on it can be pretty ummm, fake feeling, controller feel, the DDJ1000 feels like an actual CDJ 2000 a little, except, it does need quite some weight / pressure to scratch, so it's not as light as the really real CDJs and it's getting annoying that now I have to be heavy on the scratching, as we're use to needles, keeping in mind weight of the touch on the platter, so that's out the window with either controller, the DDJ1000 doesn't have needle search which is cool on the SZ2, also the SZ2 has internal sounds like horn, noise, cymbal, siren, which are a little fun to play with, but the DDJ1000 has some internal dope ass risers, that you can use to up the energy of the room into the next track, sounds hella dope on hip hop, trap, house transitions, I got the SRT, my boy has the SZ2, so I get to play with boy back to back to compare them, I love my SRT, just bought the coffin with the laptop slide out table and wheels on it, with the 3 year warranty at guitar center and taxes you'll be at $1,607.23 plus like $250 for the coffin, so around $1,900. the SZ2 I think starts at like 2k, plus taxes, warranty and coffin, you'll prob be out around 2,5k? But yeah the SRT doesn't have flip buttons like the SZ2, and I think a few other dedicated buttons, but regardless that I get to use the SZ2, or SRT, I would choose SRT, feels more standard nightclub set up on wheels, I think the biggest thing on it, it's the similarity of the middle mixer part, that it mirror the nexus 2 mixer which is a standard at all nightclubs, they usually have the CDJ 2000's with the Nexus mixer, so that's a good like way to get familiar to crush it with that mixer. The SZ2 does the effects different so that won't be in the club's mixer and it looks hella wack requesting a controller at a big nightclub, so yeah I'm rocking the SRT to get better at the nexus mixer, bro it's super fun!
KayPlaya 4:54 PM - 17 September, 2019
Quote:
I would choose SRT, feels more standard nightclub set up on wheels, I think the biggest thing on it, it's the similarity of the middle mixer part, that it mirrors the nexus 2 mixer which is a standard at all nightclubs, they usually have the CDJ 2000's with the Nexus mixer, so that's a good like way to get familiar to crush it with that mixer.

My guy Knock the legend!! See that's exactly why I'm leaning toward the SRT. So I can get more comfortable with the nexus setup. I like the SZ2 and I'm comfortable with it but I'm not at all comfortable on CDJs or the Nexus mixer and I'm occasionally at spots that have that setup. I end up not taking any risks in the mix because I'm not comfortable with the setup which means my set ends up being more boring than I'd like. At least if I had the SRT at home I can get my confidence and familiarity up on that setup. Either way I def am not dropping all that cash at once, this DJ life is rough on the finances lol. I'll go the pay as you play route. Which sucks because I have a 20% coupon for Guitar Center as we speak. I'm pretty confident I'ma go with the SRT over the SZ though
Chino 7:33 PM - 23 September, 2019
*GIG REPORT*

Third gig with the DDJ-1000SRT. It just works like it's suppose to(except for the Auto BPM for Fx function). The SRT is now my official main controller for mobile events!
Supagee 2:25 AM - 24 September, 2019
one thing i noticed for midi mapping,

i mapped the two middle channels (1,2) for having "clean echo out" to the sync button but if you want to have this also mapped on the outside channels 3,4 so you can use decks 3,4 you can't have the sync button mapped for all four decks to use that mapped function. I am only able to map it to 2 of the decks.

Perhaps i am not doing something correctly here, anyone got some advice on this.
Chino 6:12 PM - 24 September, 2019
Quote:
one thing i noticed for midi mapping,

i mapped the two middle channels (1,2) for having "clean echo out" to the sync button but if you want to have this also mapped on the outside channels 3,4 so you can use decks 3,4 you can't have the sync button mapped for all four decks to use that mapped function. I am only able to map it to 2 of the decks.

Perhaps i am not doing something correctly here, anyone got some advice on this.

I've been meaning to MIDI map my SYNC button to a Serato fx too. I'll try MIDI mapping it tonight when I get home & see if I can get all 4 decks to work properly.
revatron 10:15 PM - 24 September, 2019
Computer recognizes controller, I can midi map and play in Int. Mode, but can't do anything else. Can't play Rel. Mode and jog wheels have no effect. Something I'm doing or no?
I have latest OS, latest Serato, allowed the computer to access controller in Security.
Thanks
metroplex2005 10:42 PM - 24 September, 2019
Relative and absolute mode are for DVS control only. To use the Jogwheels you have to stay in internal mode. There is no midi mapping necessary for the use of standard functions on the controller layout, works right out of the box, plug and play.
Only use of midi mapping is if you want to add further functions like internal Serato effects or flip.
revatron 10:51 PM - 24 September, 2019
Ah, thank you. You really gotta press down on the platters harder than I thought. Thanks!
Dj marcal 5:18 AM - 25 September, 2019
Hello guys I need a info about the 1000srt. I just bought it, but I am a guy that likes to use the 8 beat instead the 4 beat loop. The SRT comes with a botton for 4beat loop. So there is any change change that button to 8beats instead 4beats. Thanks for any help. Dj Marcal
DJ Unique 6:06 AM - 25 September, 2019
Quote:
Hello guys I need a info about the 1000srt. I just bought it, but I am a guy that likes to use the 8 beat instead the 4 beat loop. The SRT comes with a botton for 4beat loop. So there is any change change that button to 8beats instead 4beats. Thanks for any help. Dj Marcal

Read the manual.
Watch the YouTube videos.

Auto loop = 4 beats
Shift + IN button = 1/2 loop = 2 beats
Shift + OUT button = double loop = 8 beats

You can map these IN / OUT buttons.

Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj marcal 3:30 AM - 26 September, 2019
Thank you so much Dj Unique, works perfect!!!
DJ Unique 4:30 AM - 26 September, 2019
Quote:
Thank you so much Dj Unique, works perfect!!!

Awesome.
This video also helped me.
Chino 5:24 PM - 30 September, 2019
*UPDATE*

Directly from Pioneer DJ's very own...

Pulse
"It's something that both sides had to work on, but good news - it will be added in a future update! I can't provide the date, but it will be coming this year."
Chino 5:26 PM - 30 September, 2019
Btw, Pulse is referring to the DDJ-1000 SRT's Fx Auto bpm mirroring Serato's bpm.
PFFABG 6:45 PM - 30 September, 2019
Quote:
Btw, Pulse is referring to the DDJ-1000 SRT's Fx Auto bpm mirroring Serato's bpm.

I came to post this also šŸ˜‚. Great news. Will definitely pick up an SRT once this drops šŸ˜Š
dj-freestyle 8:51 PM - 3 October, 2019
The new update out has a fix to be able map the color effects buttons to stuff. It was not working before
Dj Youkai 10:59 PM - 3 October, 2019
Quote:
The new update out has a fix to be able map the color effects buttons to stuff. It was not working before

Thank You
PFFABG 1:17 AM - 4 October, 2019
Quote:

Is the update out already?

Or are we talking about the recent Serato update here?
dj-freestyle 12:31 AM - 5 October, 2019
Itā€™s the update that just came out for the new pioneer controller. 2.2.3 I think. The fix is in that update
PFFABG 11:21 AM - 5 October, 2019
Quote:
Itā€™s the update that just came out for the new pioneer controller. 2.2.3 I think. The fix is in that update

Nvm. Itā€™s the Serato update 2.2.3. The patch notes are here

serato.com
dj-freestyle 11:25 AM - 5 October, 2019
Yep
ns7_4eva 6:41 AM - 9 October, 2019
Just picked up the 1000srt couple days ago. Having so much fun with it and itā€™s so much more convenient to lug around than carrying 2 25 pound turntables along with a mixer and extra cables with cases etc..
I feel guilty using this because itā€™s so easy to mix songs and Iā€™ve been a devoted turntablist for so long. Now I tell Everyone about it and they want one too.

I couldnā€™t figure out if there was a way to adjust brake speed so it slows down a bit like a turntable does because itā€™s greeted out in settings until someone pointed out to just midi map a knob on channel 4. I canā€™t wait for the auto bpm fix for effects as well! Cheers
Dj Youkai 7:47 AM - 9 October, 2019
Quote:
I couldnā€™t figure out if there was a way to adjust brake speed so it slows down a bit like a turntable does because itā€™s greeted out in settings until someone pointed out to just midi map a knob on channel 4. I canā€™t wait for the auto bpm fix for effects as well! Cheers

You can adjust it in the Software Settings in Serato
PFFABG 5:25 PM - 18 October, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Watchm.youtube.com

Once I MIDI mapped the (IN -1/2x), (OUT - 2x) buttons they didn't light up. You can fix this by modifying the MIDI XML that you saved.

Here is a portion I changed to get the lights back on for the (IN -1/2x), (OUT - 2x)
[u]
</auto_loop_enable>
</userio>
[u]
</translation>
</auto_loop_enable>
</userio>
</control>

By changing the alias name="on" value=" " from 0 to 127 this will turn the light back on. Make sure you change the "off" value to value="0" so when you push the (IN -1/2x) or (OUT - 2x) buttons the light will turn off.

Can you help me out a bit with this please? Iā€™ve opened up my Midi XML file but the values already seem to reflect those that you posted?
PFFABG 3:06 AM - 19 October, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Watchm.youtube.com

[u]
</auto_loop_enable>
</userio>
[u]
</translation>
</auto_loop_enable>
</userio>
</control>

Can you help me out a bit with this please? Iā€™ve opened up my Midi XML file but the values already seem to reflect those that you posted?

So with a bit of tinkering Iā€™ve got the lights back on. I used ā€œ127ā€ for the off value and ā€œ0ā€ for the on value. This means that the lights are always on, and briefly go off when I press them.

Iā€™ve mapped the manual loops to be ā€œShift + IN/OUTā€ and the lights flash to indicate when youā€™re altering the IN or OUT point. Sadly they only flash whilst Iā€™m holding shift so perhaps thereā€˜s another setting I can change in the XML to fix this?

Finally is there anyway to get the IN/OUT and 4 beat loop button (mapped to autoloop for me) to flash once a loop is active, like on CDJs? Iā€™m thinking it could be something to do with the ā€œtranslation actionā€ or ā€œalias name triggerā€ sections? šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ¤”
Gyro 4:18 PM - 20 October, 2019
How likely is it that the displays in the centre of the jog wheel will contain more info (like they do on the Rekordbox version of the DDJ-1000)?
popnwave 4:28 PM - 20 October, 2019
0 chance
Gyro 4:38 PM - 20 October, 2019
Quote:
0 chance

Is that because the feature is dependent on Serato working with Pioneer?

Will it be the same for the post fader effects?
popnwave 5:23 PM - 20 October, 2019
I think the BPM count coming directly from SDJ is the first thing they are working on with Pioneer, which is pretty awesome. BUT don't think the displays are the same as the 1000 so I doubt the waveform info will ever be present though.
PFFABG 11:50 PM - 20 October, 2019
Quote:
0 chance

Yeah, I canā€™t see waveforms being added. It would be nice if the outer ring on the jog display (that shows how far into the playing song you are) showed whereabouts your cue points are though
Supagee 2:06 AM - 22 October, 2019
the two things i would like to see in that display is the file and also the key
EllzAudio 7:05 AM - 22 October, 2019
What do you mean by the file?
bumbo08 8:43 AM - 22 October, 2019
Do you mean the song info like artist and title?
DJ Unique 8:27 PM - 22 October, 2019
Others want more info on SRT center display, while I hardly ever look at it.
Go figure
LOL
Supagee 10:58 PM - 22 October, 2019
by file i mean the wave form.

i was saying that as well Unique, that i never look at the center display but now i notice i am looking there instead of my laptop for bpm info. especially when my laptop is off to the side and not dead center
Dj Youkai 4:57 AM - 23 October, 2019
Quote:
Others want more info on SRT center display, while I hardly ever look at it.
Go figure
LOL

šŸ¤£ Same Here šŸ˜‚
DJ Marv the Maverick 11:08 PM - 29 October, 2019
www.pioneerdj.com

Anyone tried the new firmware yet?

Is the fix bpm now as it should be ?
Millz 12:02 AM - 30 October, 2019
Has anyone noticed a small audio glitch/artifact when engaging the blue effects button on the mixer?
Chino 12:33 AM - 30 October, 2019
Quote:
www.pioneerdj.com

I ran it on SDJ Pro 2.2.2 for about 45min. The Auto bpm detection for efx is FIXED!! Thank you @PioneerDJ & @Serato.

I will do a more lengthy test tomorrow. I also need to check to see if I can hear my samples (in my headphones) when I press the CUE button.

Have you updated to SDJ Pro 2.3, yet?
ns7_4eva 12:34 AM - 30 October, 2019
Ooo I should download this firmware for my 1000srt running windows 10 x64 with serato beta 2.3. But i haven't noticed any issues. should i still get it?
Djkom 10:26 AM - 30 October, 2019
popnwave 1:10 PM - 30 October, 2019
Quote:
Ooo I should download this firmware for my 1000srt running windows 10 x64 with serato beta 2.3. But i haven't noticed any issues. should i still get it?

If you need what it fixes, sure.. otherwise you can always leave it alone
Illiment 2:38 PM - 30 October, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
www.pioneerdj.com

I ran it on SDJ Pro 2.2.2 for about 45min. The Auto bpm detection for efx is FIXED!! Thank you @PioneerDJ & @Serato.

I will do a more lengthy test tomorrow. I also need to check to see if I can hear my samples (in my headphones) when I press the CUE button.

lmao amazing, I just got mine yesterday and played on it for about an hour and the bpm detection thing was driving me nuts. I knew they'd fix it eventually just glad it was the very next day :)
Chino 4:29 PM - 30 October, 2019
Quote:
I knew they'd fix it eventually just glad it was the very next day :)

Yes sir! I just ran SDJ Pro 2.3.0 with the SRT firmware 1.2- ALL GOOD so far!!

1. Auto Fx bpm mirrors Serato- FIXED
2. CUE Sampler volume in headphones- FIXED
DJ Tecniq 5:42 PM - 30 October, 2019
Howā€™s them phono preamps w/vinyl? Anyone test yetšŸ¤”
PFFABG 6:34 PM - 30 October, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
www.pioneerdj.com

lmao amazing, I just got mine yesterday and played on it for about an hour and the bpm detection thing was driving me nuts. I knew they'd fix it eventually just glad it was the very next day :)

My plan was to wait until it was fixed... But my willpower finally broke 2 weeks ago šŸ˜‚. Now if only my muscle memory would stop reaching for the FX knobs above the decks that donā€™t exist šŸ™ˆ
Illiment 10:26 PM - 30 October, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
I knew they'd fix it eventually just glad it was the very next day :)

Yes sir! I just ran SDJ Pro 2.3.0 with the SRT firmware 1.2- ALL GOOD so far!!

1. Auto Fx bpm mirrors Serato- FIXED
2. CUE Sampler volume in headphones- FIXED

Well damn. Been playing on it for the past few hours with the firmware fix - this controller is complete. I traded up my sz2 for it and don't regret it at all. This thing is a beast!!
Dj Youkai 12:11 AM - 31 October, 2019
Anyone Tried it yet with Serato 2.3.1 Yet? Gonna test it out tonight.. If time permits me. With the new Firmware of Course.
DJ Tecniq 12:48 AM - 31 October, 2019
Quote:
Howā€™s them phono preamps w/vinyl? Anyone test yetšŸ¤”
popnwave 1:51 AM - 31 October, 2019
Quote:
Anyone Tried it yet with Serato 2.3.1 Yet? Gonna test it out tonight.. If time permits me. With the new Firmware of Course.

Unless you have Denon gear why would you upgrade?

The bug fixes are minor otherwise.
Dj Youkai 2:04 AM - 31 October, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Unless you have Denon gear why would you upgrade?

The bug fixes are minor otherwise.

Oh ok.. Just was wondering.. So I guess it's safe to use it then since it's minor.. Because I didn't download 2.30.. Figured ill just download 2.3.1 since it's minor update šŸ˜Š
Chino 6:24 PM - 31 October, 2019
I need to give credit to @Pioneer & @Serato. They did address the issues really quick!
My Pioneer DDJ-1000SRT has been VERY reliable right out of the box!!

I have now purchased two Pioneer DJ products within the last two years. Before that, I never owned ANY Pioneer DJ products. That DEF says a lot about their recent reliability, stability & overall product features.
ns7_4eva 11:03 PM - 2 November, 2019
Quote:
I need to give credit to @Pioneer & @Serato. They did address the issues really quick!
My Pioneer DDJ-1000SRT has been VERY reliable right out of the box!!

I have now purchased two Pioneer DJ products within the last two years. Before that, I never owned ANY Pioneer DJ products. That DEF says a lot about their recent reliability, stability & overall product features.

I myself was a Numark fan for years. Had the NS7 then V7, then Reloop turntables but on a whim decided to try out the 1000SRT and freakin' love it, and this is coming from a turntablist!
Granted, I cant scratch as well as on 12s, but the mixing and blending and I don't need to lug around heavy ass equipment constantly with cables everywhere, this changed my life! I love the DDJ, it's all I need now.
dj-freestyle 12:56 AM - 3 November, 2019
I saw a 1000 running virtual dj and the wave forms are on the platters like the rekord box one. Couldnā€™t Serato make that option easily then ? Bugs me they didnā€™t
funkyfresh2012 1:49 AM - 3 November, 2019
Glad this is now fixed.

BPM reads instantly once you load the track.

Any chance that Pioneer would be able to fix and increase the sensitivity of the platter so that you donā€™t need to press so hard to hold the track?
PFFABG 4:46 AM - 3 November, 2019
Quote:
Glad this is now fixed.

BPM reads instantly once you load the track.

Any chance that Pioneer would be able to fix and increase the sensitivity of the platter so that you donā€™t need to press so hard to hold the track?

Pioneer delivered on this update.

If you set a manual loop, the BPM for the FX even changes to reflect that as well. šŸ‘
Illiment 3:32 PM - 3 November, 2019
Quote:

That aspect of the platters is mechanical... I doubt it.

I am a little worried about them sticking and failing at some point like I've seen some cdjs in clubs do, but I guess we'll all cross that bridge when we get there.
Supagee 4:33 PM - 3 November, 2019
Seems this last update as made it so you can't use the sample volume knob to adjust the volume of triggered samples

anyone else notice this?

it was working fine before the update and now i have to go in and manually midi map the volume knob which doesn't seem right.
DJ-XL 10:20 PM - 3 November, 2019
Supagee you can set the Sampler gain in SDJ to about 12 o'clock or whatever you wish then control the Sampler trim with the Sampler knob on the 1000SRT.

I like how the Sampler trim knob works now on the 1000SRT after updating to firmware 1.0.2. You set the Sampler gain in SDJ then you can control the trim on your 1000SRT with the Sampler knob. Which gives you more control.

Now it works like one of the virtual decks in SDJ. When you move the trim on one of the channels on the 1000SRT it doesn't move the track gain in SDJ. Why should the Sampler knob on the 1000SRT be any different?
dj_estrela 1:26 PM - 7 November, 2019
Sadly the SRT jog Screens are not midi mappable to other softwares. This is not the case of the regular DDJ-1000
. However the SRT is superior than the regular 1000 as it runs in external mode so it has all the Pioneer FX for USB sources.

If you support my request please vote in
serato.com
DJ Tecniq 5:00 AM - 18 November, 2019
Seriously starting to consider the SRT. My main concern is...

1. How is the mic preamp

2. How is the phono preamp w/DVS or reg vinyl.

So far no one has been able to tell me. Usually the mic preamp is straight trash on their controllers. Thanks!
Chino 5:10 PM - 18 November, 2019
Quote:
Seriously starting to consider the SRT. My main concern is...

1. How is the mic preamp

2. How is the phono preamp w/DVS or reg vinyl.

So far no one has been able to tell me. Usually the mic preamp is straight trash on their controllers. Thanks!

1. Mic preamps are surprisingly GOOD! To my ears, they are MUCH better than the SX series. They sound loud & punchy!

2. Phono preamps with DVS is just OK. Don't expect Rane quality. I would only use the 1000SRT with straight vinyl IF it's an absolute emergency!!
DJ Tecniq 6:56 PM - 18 November, 2019
Quote:
2. Phono preamps with DVS is just OK. Don't expect Rane quality. I would only use the 1000SRT with straight vinyl IF it's an absolute emergency!!
Thanks! Thatā€™s interesting with my SR2 the DVS is quite good to my ears however the real vinyl playback is garbage. I would think DVS would sound fine on the SRT esp considering itā€™s a flagship product. I donā€™t think many t-table users connected their tables to the SRT yet. Iā€™m sure most in this group prob do not even have t-tables. Iā€™m most curious cause I love playing my vinyl even though itā€™s not a 2 channel which is what Iā€™m more comfortable with it does seem to be the smallest 4 ch controller out there. Someone correct me if Iā€™m wrong. I love that they gave it a more compact feel.
3Roland3 1:43 PM - 14 December, 2019
Hey guys, anyone else getting about a second delay after releasing from scratching on the SRT?
Mm3 7:19 PM - 14 December, 2019
3roland3, yes.... have the same issue. Tried with different platter tensions but doesnā€™t seem to go away....
3Roland3 7:52 PM - 14 December, 2019
I just figure it out. I had watch a video on YouTube to go into Utility Mode and change Cross fader (CR FDR) Cut Lag to zero thinking I will get a sharper cut. But then I start thinking why the factory settings came on 7. I decided to put it on 9 and boom no more delay so far as if I'm on the CDJs. I hope this help you. I also have my USB BUFFER on 10 in the serato DJ software. Although I don't think that have anything to do with it.
Supagee 9:56 PM - 19 December, 2019
USB Buffer will add some delay to your response of your controller, I have my buffer set at 2, the standard for most is 5
Philmixit 10:45 PM - 19 December, 2019
Hi Supagee.

Same here I have my buffer set at 2 as well, it work excellent.
3Roland3 11:35 PM - 19 December, 2019
Ok I will try 2. Only have it on 10 because it said in the software that it may result in low audio quality and could have dropouts. Don't want that happening while on a gig.
DJ Tecniq 3:37 AM - 20 December, 2019
Quote:
Ok I will try 2. Only have it on 10 because it said in the software that it may result in low audio quality and could have dropouts. Don't want that happening while on a gig.
Thatā€™s usually for low spec machines.
Phatboy 9:35 PM - 23 December, 2019
I finally Bought the ddj srt i like it i have one problem my computer is i guess I would call it freezing... it like spazzes out for about 10 seconds and then continues playing the track doesn't loose its place .. this never happened with other controllers.. i have firmware up to date..
the computer is a dell which might be the problem ) i7-7500U Processor (4M Cach e, up to 3.50 GHz)
8GB (1x8GB) DDR4 at 2400MHz
256GB 2.5inch Solid State Driv e, Class 20

Do I need a new computer or is it something in the settings?? any thoughts
thanks
Quan da chef 11:20 PM - 23 December, 2019
Quote:

the computer is a dell which might be the problem ) i7-7500U Processor

Do I need a new computer or is it something in the settings?? any thoughts
thanks

that U processor is part of the problem. Even though its an "i7" its only a 2 core.

"u" processor are for the causual laptop user.. email, youtube, netfix...

as dj software gets more intensive the processor will make a difference

ask in these forums on which windows laptop have been a sucess with them

i would get something in the basic gaming laptop with decent specs..

you can even purchase a refurbed older mac like a 2012 for a decent price
Phatboy 11:30 PM - 23 December, 2019
Ok are you saying definitely go with Mac??
Quan da chef 11:50 PM - 23 December, 2019
been running a mac since 2009 never a problem... but i rarely upgrade the operating system..

you can look at www.macofalltrades.com and find a refurbed... find one with High Sierra installed..

i bought a one that was nearly flawless... updated the ram... and the internal 500gb drive to
a 1tb ssd...

you dont have to upgrade the internal drive ..but getting more ram is always a plus
Quan da chef 11:51 PM - 23 December, 2019
find a 2012 that the best mac that you can do upgrades with yourself and make sure it has dual gpu's
firstclassalltheway 1:27 AM - 3 February, 2020
Late to the party but I just checked this controller out a few days ago and it feels grrrreat!!! I didn't have much time to play with it, but the full sized platters are a game changer! Is there a 2 channel version of this ever coming out? I would take a 2 channel version of this with the same sound card as the SZ2 in a heartbeat! I seriously just wish Rane made one. Please Rane, Pioneer, Allen & Heath, if anyone is listening, please make a simple very high quality midi controller with full sized platters. Please and thank you. Selling my NS6MKII to buy this anyway. One club I dj at has the sz2 which is cool but it's wayyyyy too big and heavy, this 1000SRT is perfect size and weight honestly.
DJ Tecniq 9:21 AM - 12 February, 2020
Iā€™m hearing from a few users the phono preamp on the 1000srt is very poor. Can someone who has t-tables please test their unit w/strand alone (non dvs playback) w/reg vinyl and report back. This will be a big deciding factor if I purchase. Side note: This was my main gripe with the SR2 the phono preamp was trash and sounded like a tin can compared to my Mixars Primo. Thanks for any help!
DJ Tecniq 9:21 AM - 12 February, 2020
Standalone*
Dj Stylz-1 4:22 PM - 13 April, 2020
Quote:
Supagee you can set the Sampler gain in SDJ to about 12 o'clock or whatever you wish then control the Sampler trim with the Sampler knob on the 1000SRT.

I like how the Sampler trim knob works now on the 1000SRT after updating to firmware 1.0.2. You set the Sampler gain in SDJ then you can control the trim on your 1000SRT with the Sampler knob. Which gives you more control.

Now it works like one of the virtual decks in SDJ. When you move the trim on one of the channels on the 1000SRT it doesn't move the track gain in SDJ. Why should the Sampler knob on the 1000SRT be any different?

Can someone point me to the 'sampler trim knob'?

Thanks,