Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

SERATO DJ PRO IS GARBAGE! SUPPORT IS AS WELL.....

shush319 12:15 PM - 28 August, 2019
Using a DDJ-SB2 controller. Bought the program, installed it on my Win10 64 bit pc, has 16gb ram 2.4ghz core i5 processor, and I cannot get through 3 songs without the beats jumping in the middle of a mix. Even with everything on the pc turned off including wifi. Have emailed support, they were less than helpful, just asked for a diag report and a video (guess my explanation of the issue is not good enough?). I asked for my $$ back 2 days after purchasing the program, now they are completely ignoring my emails including the one with the diag report they requested. I don't have time for this crap, went and installed Rekordbox (30 day trial), guess what........ It works flawlessly upon installation. No jumping through hoops, not back and forth with support, not sending diag reports or videos, IT JUST WORKS. And dealing with the library is 10 times faster bringing my thousands of tracks in. How I expected Serato to work when I bought it.

If this is how they conduct business and help their customers, I want no part of it. Just want my money back for a program that is completely useless and not even usable.
musiclee 1:55 PM - 28 August, 2019
hi shush319.

maybe it's something super simple, not even SDJ pro related that is not playing nice with your system? i think SDJ is amazing as do hundreds of thousand DJ's

did you post for help here on our forum?
people here are awesome and could have helped you out

but i guess we all have to use what works best for us, software or hardware

good luck with Recordbox,
Rebelguy 2:51 PM - 28 August, 2019
Well I guess I better erase Serato from my system now.
shush319 3:08 PM - 28 August, 2019
Quote:
hi shush319.

maybe it's something super simple, not even SDJ pro related that is not playing nice with your system? i think SDJ is amazing as do hundreds of thousand DJ's

did you post for help here on our forum?
people here are awesome and could have helped you out

but i guess we all have to use what works best for us, software or hardware

good luck with Recordbox,

Expected to get help from the company that made the program, guess that is too much to ask for.
shush319 3:12 PM - 28 August, 2019
Quote:

Appreciate your input on the situation, you are a great help.

Never had these issues with SL1 and a much M U C H slower PC, guess they are trying to cram 10 pounds of crap in a 1 pound bucket. Do they even beta test this stuff before they release it?
Rebelguy 5:45 PM - 28 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

But you didn’t ask for help in your post. You came on to the boards to rant and rave about a problem YOU were having. There are tens of thousands of users who are using it multiple days a week with 0 problems.

You want advice? Do a clean install of Windows 10 without any of the junk that came pre-installed. Download any necessary drivers for the gear you are using SDJ with. Run all the optimizations and finally test out the last few releases of SDJ at home until you find one that works for you.
DJ Tecniq 5:58 PM - 28 August, 2019
Buy a Mac. Problem solved. I think you’re running into the many problems Windows face with driver issues. Sorry had to
Ollieboy 6:15 PM - 28 August, 2019
Quote:
problems

+1 all the auto updates on PCs mess everything up.
shush319 7:24 PM - 28 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

But you didn’t ask for help in your post. You came on to the boards to rant and rave about a problem YOU were having. There are tens of thousands of users who are using it multiple days a week with 0 problems.

You want advice? Do a clean install of Windows 10 without any of the junk that came pre-installed. Download any necessary drivers for the gear you are using SDJ with. Run all the optimizations and finally test out the last few releases of SDJ at home until you find one that works for you.

Absolutely should not have to jump through hoops to get their crap to work, period. I have a very stripped down pc, cannot stand clutter or unnecessary junk on my machine. Have also gone back to 2.1.** with the same results. Not going to wipe my pc just to have the same problems, that is stupid.
shush319 7:27 PM - 28 August, 2019
Quote:
Buy a Mac. Problem solved. I think you’re running into the many problems Windows face with driver issues. Sorry had to

Brilliant, spen a few thousand to get a $130 program to work as it should. Makes perfect sense, BRB.

Maybe that is why they are pushing it for half off right now, because they need the money to pay a real developer to fix their crap.
shush319 7:30 PM - 28 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
problems

+1 all the auto updates on PCs mess everything up.

Have ALL auto-updates turned off, I'd rather deal with the "update" nag than let them choose my updates for me. I only update when I have reviewed what they contain, so I don't have issues with them breaking something that was working properly. I usually wait until a week or so later just to see what complaints people have with an update.
shush319 7:33 PM - 28 August, 2019
And just to reiterate...... Rekordbox works flawlessly without any additional configuration, or reinstalling Windows, Serato, being the leader in this tech SHOULD WORK as well.
Hanginon 7:44 PM - 28 August, 2019
The DDJ-SB2 is a USB port powered controller. Are you using a 3 foot or less USB cable, preferably with 24 gauge or heavier wire?

6 foot USB cables with 28 gauge power wires will cause all kinds of problems with USB port only powered controllers. There are 4 wires in the cable, 2 data, 2 power. Only the data wires can be 28 gauge.

I have tested 2.2.2, and run 2.1.2/2.0.5 with zero problems on a Windows 7 64 bit i5 8 gig laptop, but I'm not what you would call a Power User.
shush319 7:57 PM - 28 August, 2019
Quote:
The DDJ-SB2 is a USB port powered controller. Are you using a 3 foot or less USB cable, preferably with 24 gauge or heavier wire?

6 foot USB cables with 28 gauge power wires will cause all kinds of problems with USB port only powered controllers. There are 4 wires in the cable, 2 data, 2 power. Only the data wires can be 28 gauge.

I have tested 2.2.2, and run 2.1.2/2.0.5 with zero problems on a Windows 7 64 bit i5 8 gig laptop, but I'm not what you would call a Power User.

^^^^ Appreciate the heads up, 1st person to reply with useful info, thanks for that.

I am willing to try a better cable, as I know they fail regularly for no apparent reason. I bought a few NEW USB cables when I got the controller (wanted 90 degree controller end), longest is 5', shortest is 18", not sure of the internal wire gauge, but the problems are the same on all of them :-/ Searching for more suitable HEAVY DUTY cables now.

Cheers!
shush319 8:06 PM - 28 August, 2019
Hanginon,
Any help where I could purchase heavier gauge usb's?
Hanginon 8:25 PM - 28 August, 2019
You need to look at the printing on the side of the cable. A quick, seat of the pants test is, if it's fairly thick, and doesn't hang like limp spaghetti, it probably has some copper it it.

However, if your 18" cable didn't fix anything, then a better quality cable is not going to help.
novakone 8:29 PM - 28 August, 2019
USB cables fuck up all sorts of tings,
I get loads of F-ups from a cheap cable that I use in my SR compared to my TTs and mixer
shush319 8:39 PM - 28 August, 2019
Have a few more USB's to try (high speed printer cables from work), some claim 24awg power on the shield of the wire, cant see the writing on the others, we shall see. Makes no sense that it does not happen at all with Rekordbox though.

And the lack of help from Serato is another issue altogether. "Make a video" or "send a pc diag file" does nothing at all. Only had the controller for two weeks, and the SDJ Pro for one, already regretting the purchase, and support made it even worse.
DJ Tecniq 8:46 PM - 28 August, 2019
How bout trying a previous version of Serato? Try 1.7.8 which is when the SB2 first got support on the device. The Pro versions use a lot of cpu so try something more light.
serato.com
pdidy 8:54 PM - 28 August, 2019
Quote:
And the lack of help from Serato is another issue altogether. "Make a video" or "send a pc diag file" does nothing at all.

I remember back in the day I used to troll the shit out of incompetent users who just did stupid shit like not following basic directions from Serato as if they were SMARTER than the Serato support team. I miss those days :)
david07 9:09 PM - 28 August, 2019
I think that serato does not work so well in Windows, it is not because of the software but because of the operating system, this issue has already been discussed, it is my feeling and the developers cannot do much more
Hanginon 9:15 PM - 28 August, 2019
Quote:
Have a few more USB's to try (high speed printer cables from work), some claim 24awg power on the shield of the wire, cant see the writing on the others, we shall see. Makes no sense that it does not happen at all with Rekordbox though.

That's because Serato MUST SENSE the DDJ-SB2 (or some other Serato enabling hardware) to "turn on" the license. Rekordbox is different, it's licensing structure is separate from the hardware.

Someday Serato may change this, which would then open up the ability start using real high quality sound cards. Also someday, pigs might fly.
shush319 9:27 PM - 28 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
And the lack of help from Serato is another issue altogether. "Make a video" or "send a pc diag file" does nothing at all.

I remember back in the day I used to troll the shit out of incompetent users who just did stupid shit like not following basic directions from Serato as if they were SMARTER than the Serato support team. I miss those days :)

Incompetent, lol you a funny mofo.... I have done everything they have suggested and more of my own testing (on the pc, killing all unnecessary background programs, upgrading ram, swapping usb cables, etc.). I use to work tech support in the car audio industry, I know what it is like to be on the support end of it, and that they know their product better than myself. That's why I reached out to them for help in the 1st place. As previously stated, they have been less than helpful so far.

When I mentioned wanting a refund, they disappeared and have not replied since. This was after I had sent the diag file they requested. I still have not found the time to make a video, and have a hard time finding any reason that would be needed other than to delay offering me the refund I have asked for.

Glad you refrain from trolling these days ;-)
shush319 9:31 PM - 28 August, 2019
Quote:
How bout trying a previous version of Serato? Try 1.7.8 which is when the SB2 first got support on the device. The Pro versions use a lot of cpu so try something more light.
serato.com

PC usage doesn't seem to be the issue, mine should be plenty fast/powerful enough, but I can give it a shot later. I would be losing a lot of features that Pro 2.2.2 offers, kind of defeating the purpose of the purchase IMO.
DJ Tecniq 9:42 PM - 28 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
serato.com

PC usage doesn't seem to be the issue, mine should be plenty fast/powerful enough, but I can give it a shot later. I would be losing a lot of features that Pro 2.2.2 offers, kind of defeating the purpose of the purchase IMO.
You don’t necessarily have to go back that far but 2.2.2 has been having issues w/various users.
shush319 9:48 PM - 28 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
serato.com

You don’t necessarily have to go back that far but 2.2.2 has been having issues w/various users.

Tried 2.1.2 over the weekend, still had issues. Got aggravated and shut it down and have not touched it since. This has been a miserable experience thus far. Had I known ahead of time I would have gone a different route for sure.
Rebelguy 9:51 PM - 28 August, 2019
Switch to Rekordbox?
Rebelguy 9:52 PM - 28 August, 2019
File a chargeback with your credit card company to get your money back.
DJ Tecniq 10:11 PM - 28 August, 2019
Scan for corrupt files? Maybe you got a lot of wma files since you’re on Windows.
musiclee 12:15 AM - 29 August, 2019
I think it’s you’re PC, controller, interface, or cables
Otherwise thousands of us would be bashing SDJ right

Advise. Process of elimination, try different PC if a friend will lend you one. Try swapping cables. Try different audio interface.

What are specs on your machine
What windows services do you have running
Your problem could be anything really.
Be patient, stick with it cuz SDJ kicks @ss
A lot of people who leave. Find themselves coming Back.
Grass isn’t always greener on the other side. LOl
Hanginon 1:37 AM - 29 August, 2019
@musiclee just gave you some great advise!!!!!!
Serato, Support
Aaron E 3:05 AM - 29 August, 2019
Hey shush319

Mitchell has just sent you another message in your ticket with him.

We understand your frustration and are really keen to help you get up and running with SDJ Pro. We've got a couple of good steps to try and Mitchell is ready and waiting to guide you through them.

Let him know in the ticket when you're ready to go.

Cheers, Aaron
viewoptic 7:45 AM - 29 August, 2019
Hopefully I will get helped with my issue eventually as well, support doesn't seem to concerned.
shush319 3:12 PM - 29 August, 2019
Like magic, support has gotten back in touch with me since I made this post. Go figure. Pretty sad that it came to that honestly, I would have much rather not had to go that far. They still will not acknowledge or respond to any mention of a refund, or why the hell Rekordbox works flawlessly with the same exact tracks from the exact same location (separate partition from the C: drive) on my WD Blue 3D Nand SSD.

After several back and forth emails, recording and sending reports about my PC's performance (which they acknowledge PC processing power, speed, and usb dropouts is not the issue), more optimization steps I may have missed the 1st time around, I am still having the same problem. The testing of several more USB cables has given better results, but it still happens. Mitchell is now scratching his head too, but has been extremely patient with me, I know I can be hard to deal with especially when aggravated, so I appreciate his patience. He has again requested a video showing the issue (beats jumping out of no where during a mix), it was approaching 1 am and I gave up since I had to work at 6. I will try and get a video to send after I get out of work tonight. May not happen til next week now though, since I live in East Central Florida (USA) and we have a hurricane rapidly approaching that I should probably try to prepare for.

If I was getting paid for the time spent trying everything under the sun to find a solution, I could have bought a DDJ-1000SRT and had some change left over, LOL. I am just going to buy Rekordbox since it works, & keep Serato also. Hopefully one day we will figure out the Serato bugs & get it working properly.
lofty 3:49 PM - 29 August, 2019
Quote:
why the hell Rekordbox works flawlessly with the same exact tracks from the exact same location (separate partition from the C: drive) on my WD Blue 3D Nand SSD.

ummmm . why not use rekordbox if it works flawlessly?

And if you really think about it , all Dj software now is just a database for music that you select a track and play it on a controller ( dvs ).

Personally, I take stability any day over features.

I jumped to rekordbox years ago. IMO it's much better than SDJ.
shush319 4:25 PM - 29 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
why the hell Rekordbox works flawlessly with the same exact tracks from the exact same location (separate partition from the C: drive) on my WD Blue 3D Nand SSD.

ummmm . why not use rekordbox if it works flawlessly?

And if you really think about it , all Dj software now is just a database for music that you select a track and play it on a controller ( dvs ).

Personally, I take stability any day over features.

I jumped to rekordbox years ago. IMO it's much better than SDJ.

^^^^ Probably purchasing a full license this weekend. I agree, it is much more user friendly & stability is on point. The ability to drag and drop tracks from one place to another within the programs library is nice too, and searching or replacing a track when you ahve move it on the pc is so simple. Like why the hell are there no right click options in SDJ's library system to give you additional features/options for sorting or finding tracks? Rather archaic IMO.
shush319 4:33 PM - 29 August, 2019
To add to the my last reply;

The preview section in the RB library is badazz too. Love that you can click in that field and sample any track in the headphones before loading it to a deck.
musiclee 4:37 PM - 29 August, 2019
maybe SDJ can steal some of those bad @ss ideas from RB :-)
RodrigoVolta 6:56 PM - 29 August, 2019
Quote:
Hanginon,

Purchase a professional USB cable. There are websites that sell excellent quality. Do not use cables that sell in supermarkets as they are bad. Look for brands like MonsterCable, Numark or other reputed brands. Escape the generics. Since your controller is USB powered, if your computer has a USB 3.0 port, use it instead of 2.0. Do not use very long cables. A 1 meter cable is enough. If the cable has a suppressor filter (that cylinder near the ends), the better.
shush319 7:04 PM - 29 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Hanginon,

Purchase a professional USB cable. There are websites that sell excellent quality. Do not use cables that sell in supermarkets as they are bad. Look for brands like MonsterCable, Numark or other reputed brands. Escape the generics. Since your controller is USB powered, if your computer has a USB 3.0 port, use it instead of 2.0. Do not use very long cables. A 1 meter cable is enough. If the cable has a suppressor filter (that cylinder near the ends), the better.

One would think the USB that came with the controller would be sufficient, apparently not. Best results so far have come from my HP printer cable that is only 18" long. Problem still persists. I have almost a dozen USB cables I have tried so far, none of which came from the supermarket ;-)
RodrigoVolta 7:06 PM - 29 August, 2019
Unfortunately the SDJ is very swollen with crap and few optimizations. Increasingly they clog the software with more and more useless crap and "put aside" process and performance optimization.

Yes, it is a fact that RekordBox is much more optimized, stable and faster than SDJ, as well as NI Traktor and even VirtualDJ.

When they released SDJ Pro, I thought it would be great. But I see more and more that they are pushing hard, buggy, callous software, something I didn't see in the old (and great) ITCH and SL. I think Serato should have continued on these two distinct platforms, improving what was already good and done!

My next platform will be Rekordbox yes. I no longer intend to continue with Serato. Since I still have DDJ-S1, I will soon migrate to one that supports RB.

Unfortunately the range of native RB equipment is still small as it is a patent from Pioneer ...
RodrigoVolta 7:12 PM - 29 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hanginon,

One would think the USB that came with the controller would be sufficient, apparently not. Best results so far have come from my HP printer cable that is only 18" long. Problem still persists. I have almost a dozen USB cables I have tried so far, none of which came from the supermarket ;-)

So ... the problem is that this equipment is powered by USB only ... If it had an external power (charger) would be much better ...
I had an Acer Aspire notebook that I could not use a mouse or keyboard on the other USB port along with the controller as it conflicted. The sound was starting to poke ... And look, my controller has an external AC source!
Try increasing SDJ latency to see if it improves ... Low latency tends to consume a lot of processing.
shush319 7:15 PM - 29 August, 2019
Quote:
So ... the problem is that this equipment is powered by USB only ... If it had an external power (charger) would be much better ...
I had an Acer Aspire notebook that I could not use a mouse or keyboard on the other USB port along with the controller as it conflicted. The sound was starting to poke ... And look, my controller has an external AC source!
Try increasing SDJ latency to see if it improves ... Low latency tends to consume a lot of processing.

Half tempted to open up the controller and add an external power source.
Hanginon 8:24 PM - 29 August, 2019
Quote:
Unfortunately the SDJ is very swollen with crap and few optimizations. Increasingly they clog the software with more and more useless crap and "put aside" process and performance optimization.

Yes, it is a fact that RekordBox is much more optimized, stable and faster than SDJ, as well as NI Traktor and even VirtualDJ.

When they released SDJ Pro, I thought it would be great. But I see more and more that they are pushing hard, buggy, callous software, something I didn't see in the old (and great) ITCH and SL. I think Serato should have continued on these two distinct platforms, improving what was already good and done!

My next platform will be Rekordbox yes. I no longer intend to continue with Serato. Since I still have DDJ-S1, I will soon migrate to one that supports RB.

Unfortunately the range of native RB equipment is still small as it is a patent from Pioneer ...

Seems to be an industry wide problem - adding bells and whistles to get more sales vs refining existing software.

The new version of Mixvibes Cross DJ V4, is just like that. Instead of refining V3.4.3 (already an excellent piece of software), they had to derail the train.
DJ Unique 9:52 PM - 29 August, 2019
This is why I never use USB powered controllers or USB powered external HDs.
I always use self powered everything and definitely never use Windows computers for DJing.
shush319 4:00 PM - 30 August, 2019
Quote:
This is why I never use USB powered controllers or USB powered external HDs.
I always use self powered everything and definitely never use Windows computers for DJing.

Everyone has their own opinion. Cheers.

I am actually digging Rekordbox DJ (full version), and if I did not have these issues with SDJ I may not have even ventured that way. You know what they say, "everything happens for a reason".
Hanginon 2:56 PM - 31 August, 2019
Quote:
. You know what they say, "everything happens for a reason".

Yes it does - but there are still things you can do to minimize risk.

Regardless of who's software you are using, stay one version behind after a recent update, especially if you are a working DJ. There are simply too many hardware/software permutations out there to test everything before release. Let the "Bedroom DJ Heroes" do the additional debugging for you after release - only then jump in.
Pepehouse 6:36 PM - 1 September, 2019
I hate when they ask me to do a vídeo, I'm a DJ not a film maker, never do it.
Serato, Support
Mike.C 7:44 PM - 1 September, 2019
Hey guys, if the support team has requested a video from you to troubleshoot an issue, it's not because they want to waste your time, or check your film making skills.

Often a short video can help to get a better understanding of the exact issue straight away without having to ask 10+ questions.

If you do want assistance to get your software running as it should then please be patient with them, and comply with their requests as they are only asking so they can help you more efficiently.
DJ Tecniq 8:33 PM - 1 September, 2019
Quote:
Hey guys, if the support team has requested a video from you to troubleshoot an issue, it's not because they want to waste your time, or check your film making skills.

Often a short video can help to get a better understanding of the exact issue straight away without having to ask 10+ questions.

If you do want assistance to get your software running as it should then please be patient with them, and comply with their requests as they are only asking so they can help you more efficiently.
I started a support ticket how can i find the crash report. Serato crashed on me live at my gig it was quite embarrassing at a school dance.
popnwave 3:15 AM - 2 September, 2019
Quote:
I started a support ticket how can i find the crash report. Serato crashed on me live at my gig it was quite embarrassing at a school dance.

Cmon dude, you already have your own thread on the issue.
DJ Tecniq 4:47 AM - 2 September, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Cmon dude, you already have your own thread on the issue.
Sorry wasn’t getting help with my support ticket. It got their attention as they got back to me👍🏼
Pepehouse 11:38 PM - 2 September, 2019
Quote:

1-Can't film while djing, I mean I can't do both things at a time and not gonna spend a oo of money in one of those cameras that you can set up and such only to make movies to entertain serato office staff.

2-Most of the time is not something you can measure or knowing in advance whens going to happen because that way you new the cause and you just tell $erato clever guys and they told ya the solution in exchange and video would be irrelevant then.

Unless you want to film ourselves with professionallly set up cameras for days until the drop or crash happens then cut that little bit and send you so you can teĺl us to increase the latency or if that doesn't work we buy a new computer?

You know? I still prfer to read a tutorial over watching it at youtube, you've got a lot more time to catch thing and can quickly go back to he exact point you need at a glance. I can'tbe the only one....
Rebelguy 12:44 AM - 3 September, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

1-Can't film while djing, I mean I can't do both things at a time and not gonna spend a oo of money in one of those cameras that you can set up and such only to make movies to entertain serato office staff.

2-Most of the time is not something you can measure or knowing in advance whens going to happen because that way you new the cause and you just tell $erato clever guys and they told ya the solution in exchange and video would be irrelevant then.

Unless you want to film ourselves with professionallly set up cameras for days until the drop or crash happens then cut that little bit and send you so you can teĺl us to increase the latency or if that doesn't work we buy a new computer?

You know? I still prfer to read a tutorial over watching it at youtube, you've got a lot more time to catch thing and can quickly go back to he exact point you need at a glance. I can'tbe the only one....

Any phone from the past few years has the ability to record video. It should more than suffice for the Serato support.
Pepehouse 6:13 PM - 3 September, 2019
Quote:

Any phone from the past few years has the ability to record video. It should more than suffice for the Serato support.

Serato support can go hold the phone while I DJ because I'm not asking grandpa to do it.
popnwave 8:51 PM - 3 September, 2019
Ooh the list of excuses people make makes me feel bad for support.
The Return of Dj Sparky 7:17 AM - 4 September, 2019
Although the support is a joke just a glorified check list I don't see the issue in recording a vid to show an issue if you do have one
Laz219 7:26 AM - 4 September, 2019
"I want help, but won't put in any effort"
DJ Unique 7:34 AM - 4 September, 2019
Quote:
"I want help, but won't put in any effort"

LOL...
DJ Marv the Maverick 12:19 PM - 4 September, 2019
Nothing wrong with shooting a video if the issue is easily reproducible

Remember not everyone speaks English so a video goes a long way in explaining stuff.

€0.02
musiclee 12:55 PM - 4 September, 2019
Can we put this to rest??
And just contact and deal with support
This shouldn’t be a bashing forum
But rather, a “hey can someone please help”
Be grateful these forums actually exist
Also, you shouldn’t be allowed to post is ALL CAPS
I’m starting to sound like a moderator. Lol

my $0.02
Pepehouse 6:05 PM - 4 September, 2019
Quote:
Ooh the list of excuses people make makes me feel bad for support.

Haha, Ok, I'll be more precise: I DJ with turntables, no way I can hold the phone in the moment
the dropout comes which is always when I'm mixing two tracks, CPU is more busy you know...and as I said grandpa is too crumpy and old for asking him that. He don't even know what a phone does

How it looks now?
Pepehouse 6:08 PM - 4 September, 2019
Quote:
Although the support is a joke just a glorified check list I don't see the issue in recording a vid to show an issue if you do have one

That's actually why most of us don't want to take the time to make them a film, we know we'll receive another checklist again
PaulT99 8:11 PM - 5 September, 2019
Bottom line is... Do not use Windows 10 for DJ'ing. At all.....
Look at any service industry where reliability is need and constant stability, or high revenue strams. I.e Banking, Stock exchanges etc. They all use Win7.

I also found win10 shocking for Serato, so brought another laptop. Used Dell Precision i7 with 16GB. Stuck a modern SSD in it and built it with Win7 Pro. I use it ONLY for DJ use and nothing else. Its absolutely rock solid and i have no issues at all. Even on a 4hr continuous set i did recently.
Upgraded to 2.2.2 about 2 weeks ago and still perfect so far.
musiclee 8:33 PM - 5 September, 2019
problem is, windows 7 support is officially ending in January 2020
PaulT99 8:53 PM - 5 September, 2019
Quote:
problem is, windows 7 support is officially ending in January 2020

What does that matter. Its a fully mature OS, which is now in a fully patched state.
Im not surfing the internet on it, or reading emails.
Its JUST for Serato use and backing up music onto my NAS.
Sony311 11:47 PM - 5 September, 2019
You sound lazy as f. If you can reproduce it every time,make a video when you are at home. OR maybe get a holder for your phone to clip next to your setup

You can’t blame support if you don’t put in any effort except to complain. And if you already have a checklist and feel they might send you the same thing also add that what steps you already tried.

Honestly getting tired of complaints when no one states the steps they’ve tried on their end.

Quote:
Quote:

That's actually why most of us don't want to take the time to make them a film, we know we'll receive another checklist again
steven wynen 12:59 PM - 8 September, 2019
yeah... if you guys download it on time from wetransfer, so I don't need to upload them again. or losing mails I sent.
sorry, I gave op on the serato support that costs me too much time
A lot has changed since I began using SL in 2005
seriously thinking of trying RB instead.
greeetz

Quote:

DJQ777 4:25 AM - 13 September, 2019
I'm running Win10 w/ 12gig of ram and a 2tb ssd. I have the pioneer ddj sr2 using SDJPro . I thought this was going to be a nice setup but SDJ faithfully and continually stops after less than an half hour of just playing tracks (no mixing, etc involved) I work IT so this laptop has been optimized and my CPU performance never reaches 20%. Is this setup just not compatible w/ Win10?
Hanginon 10:43 AM - 13 September, 2019
Quote:
Is this setup just not compatible w/ Win10?

I don't know, but I agree with PaulT99 -

I use two i5 8gb Samsung laptops running fresh installs of Windows 7 Home Premium. They run SDJ Pro 2.1.2 flawlessly. Also like him, I could give a rats hinny if Microsoft stops "official" support for 7 in 2020. They are gig only machines.
WileECoyote 11:10 AM - 13 September, 2019
Maybe it's the type of computer?

I use both PCs and Macbooks for DJing; and the only computer that gave me fits was an ASUS. Dells, Lenovo, Acer; and Alienware all ran Serato DJ or Serato DJ Pro with no issue.
Hanginon 11:23 AM - 13 September, 2019
In addition, I'm a firm believer in staying "one major release" behind. Right now, SDJ Pro is at 2.2.2, so I run 2.1.2, the last release of the 2.1.x series.

When they release 2.3.x, only then will I consider installing the last of the 2.2.x series, whatever it might be.

I do this because there are too many hardware/software permutations (both Mac and PC) for Serato to test all of them. Let the bedroom DJ's do the necessary further debugging for you. If you think incremental releases are only to support new hardware, and not applying fixes they don't publicly announce, there is a bridge I'm selling I want to tell you about!
Mushroom girl 1:38 AM - 14 September, 2019
My upgrade works perfect. W 10, 16g ram, :)
SBDJ 3:44 PM - 17 September, 2019
Warning, boring technical content, so first a brief summary:

Windows can be a real PITA for low latency real-time audio, personally I'd say use a Mac if you can. They handle real-time audio better and often won't need drivers for things a Windows PC will which makes life easier too. If you can't/won't use a Mac then spend a bit of time with LatencyMon to try and minimise potential issues and don't assume having a high spec is any guarantee of success.

Some detail:

It's worth remembering that when running under Windows, no matter what the spec of your PC you are still at the mercy of the DPC queue, and I'd wager this is the number one cause of dropouts when using Windows.

The DPCs handle I/O for drivers - including the soundcard buffer. If the queue gets held up or spammed by a crappy driver then the result is the buffer doesn't fill up quickly enough and you get dropouts.

It's always worth investigating using LatencyMon - you'll see fairly quickly if DPC latency is the likely cause and hopefully even be able to identify the culprit and fix or disable it.

A case in point is my dev laptop that I'm posting from right now - it is a fairly decently specced ASUS - hex core i7, 32Gb RAM, GTX 1060, dual SSD. Despite that spec it was dropping like crazy during some testing and it turned out the culprit was actually the colour changing backlit keyboard - it was caning the DPC queue. I fixed the colour and killed off the software and eliminated the dropouts.

I hope this long boring post helps someone sometime!
Pepehouse 5:27 PM - 17 September, 2019
Quote:
My upgrade works perfect. W 10, 16g ram, :)

Totally agree, all life Windows user here, everytime I had problems it was a driver pissing me off, looking for the new macbooks in october (so they say) to see if I can afford a 13" at least and just dj which I want instead of keeping my parallel career of "how to make Windows work"
so tired of learning computers just to work with music which is what I actually I always wanted.
Pepehouse 5:29 PM - 17 September, 2019
Quote:
Warning, boring technical content, so first a brief summary:

Windows can be a real PITA for low latency real-time audio, personally I'd say use a Mac if you can. They handle real-time audio better and often won't need drivers for things a Windows PC will which makes life easier too. If you can't/won't use a Mac then spend a bit of time with LatencyMon to try and minimise potential issues and don't assume having a high spec is any guarantee of success.

Some detail:

It's worth remembering that when running under Windows, no matter what the spec of your PC you are still at the mercy of the DPC queue, and I'd wager this is the number one cause of dropouts when using Windows.

The DPCs handle I/O for drivers - including the soundcard buffer. If the queue gets held up or spammed by a crappy driver then the result is the buffer doesn't fill up quickly enough and you get dropouts.

It's always worth investigating using LatencyMon - you'll see fairly quickly if DPC latency is the likely cause and hopefully even be able to identify the culprit and fix or disable it.

A case in point is my dev laptop that I'm posting from right now - it is a fairly decently specced ASUS - hex core i7, 32Gb RAM, GTX 1060, dual SSD. Despite that spec it was dropping like crazy during some testing and it turned out the culprit was actually the colour changing backlit keyboard - it was caning the DPC queue. I fixed the colour and killed off the software and eliminated the dropouts.

I hope this long boring post helps someone sometime!

Totally agree, all life Windows user here, everytime I had problems it was a driver pissing me off, looking for the new macbooks in october (so they say) to see if I can afford a 13" at least and just dj which I want instead of keeping my parallel career of "how to make Windows work"
so tired of learning computers just to work with music which is what I actually I always wanted.
KC1 7:59 AM - 22 March, 2020
Win 10 has been faultless for me since switching from Sierra