Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Pioneer DDJ 1000SRT

casious 11:00 AM - 8 August, 2019
Since the unit does not have a physical crossfader curve control, would you please make the crossfader curve control in the settings/mixer page midi mapable? The upfader curve is midi mapable, but not the crossfader curve.

After initially fighting it and then getting eoungh pressure, Pioneer Rekordbox made the crossfader curve midi mapable to the sampler volume knob.

Please, please, please make this available for Serato users as well.

Thank you.
DJMIYAGI 5:48 PM - 8 August, 2019
I'm not knocking your suggestion but how often are you actually changing the curve settings during a set to need this feature? Just curious
casious 4:31 AM - 9 August, 2019
Very often. From one mix being an easy slow blend to the next mix I'm scratching and quick cutting in for hio hop and r&b. I play lots of reggae and soca. That means songs dont play for too long, sometimes 30 - 40 seconds, a minute, minute and a half. And each transition can be different to keep things fresh. Blend one, quick cut the next one, or change my mind to something different. There's no time to be blending w 2 line faders. And damn sure no time to be going in and out of settings.

I hear a lot of DJ's that dont ever mess w the crossfader so they dont need it...that works for them, great. But most DJ's I know and have worked with and watched play, that's what we use.
DJMIYAGI 5:18 AM - 9 August, 2019
I understand. Personally I mix with line faders and use the crossfader for scratching so I never change the curve settings.
casious 1:01 PM - 9 August, 2019
I get it. Everyone has their own work flow and I say do what works for you as long as the product is good and crowd is entertained and dancing.

Its just disappointing that they would completely remove that physical control which has been a staple on mixers forever and is found on almost every professional and high end mixer and many controllers. I dont even need the full range rotary knob like the DJM S9, just the 3 selection switch on the DJM 900NXS2 would have been perfect.

I mean many people dont use sync, but the buttons are there right? You use it if you do, you dont if you dont. I dont see the difference.

Anyway, enough of my blabbing, thanks for understanding.
casious 2:35 PM - 16 August, 2019
THANK YOU SERATO!!!
Telony Ex 8:54 PM - 25 August, 2019
To this day i wonder how will the you control the xfader curve when using the mixer in offline mode. Especially since it is advertised that it works standalone. When u know let me knw
casious 2:06 AM - 26 August, 2019
Offline mode I dont need fader curve. Standalone mode its obviously not possible which sucks, but for any situation I need a standalone mixer, I have an S9.