Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Lets not all get excited by the new SDJ 2.2 update

DjSyndic8 12:53 PM - 19 July, 2019
Come on Serato really with all these new updates making it out like they are amazing updates, what happen with being the Pioneers and forefront of DJing,

1 - Day n Night mode?? should've been there since Itch Sync why did it take so long for a simple feature also you didn't add anything new to Day mode to make it different from just inverting colors on the laptop another words its not a feature its just a on and off switch to invert colors.

2 - Play count?? I find this totally useless unless you have dementia, I know which tracks I play often and I don't need a feature to tell me this unless Serato is keeping a database of which tracks are mostly played on a DJ playlist,

3 - 64bit Serato Video?? this should not be a feature it should've been a standard update when Pro 64bit came out,

Come on Serato be the industry standard and give us updates that's going to blow our socks off, DJs are just waiting patiently to see what your next update is, don't be the company that waits for pioneer to do something then just go ahead and copy it, up yo game Serato.
popnwave 2:44 PM - 19 July, 2019
So, people bitch when it's mostly a maintenance release, people bitch when it's just controllers added, and then people bitch when it's a features release and it was a maintenance release that they wanted.

You should probably just sit down and shut up for a while dude. Now you're becoming static like the rest of the noise out there.
serkan 6:55 PM - 19 July, 2019
So you're complaining day mode was overdue? How does this make sense?
Was it here before? No. Would you have preferred if it was added in the distant future? No.

So you think play count is useless. OK. But that's YOUR opinion as this was one of the most requested features and it's here now.

64bit Serato Video should've been here when SDJ has gone 64bit? Why? Where is correlation? The only reason why most Mac software is going 64bit is because macOS 10.15 Catalina will no longer support 32bit so the timing is just perfect. Can't wait to see how long other companies will struggle to keep their products updated while will smoothly run those applications on the latest OS.

Lastly: What were you expecting? Why are you using Serato if you think it sucks anyway? You think Rekordbox is better? So why complain and not just switch? Or are one of those guys who thinks innovation is something to do on command, especially for such a small company like Serato?

You should rethink your expectations that no one is asking or caring for. Test the software you want and choose the one you like but stop complaining like a little baby.
Rebelguy 7:23 PM - 19 July, 2019
Quote:
So, people bitch when it's mostly a maintenance release, people bitch when it's just controllers added, and then people bitch when it's a features release and it was a maintenance release that they wanted.

You should probably just sit down and shut up for a while dude. Now you're becoming static like the rest of the noise out there.

+1
Rebelguy 7:23 PM - 19 July, 2019
Quote:
So you're complaining day mode was overdue? How does this make sense?
Was it here before? No. Would you have preferred if it was added in the distant future? No.

So you think play count is useless. OK. But that's YOUR opinion as this was one of the most requested features and it's here now.

64bit Serato Video should've been here when SDJ has gone 64bit? Why? Where is correlation? The only reason why most Mac software is going 64bit is because macOS 10.15 Catalina will no longer support 32bit so the timing is just perfect. Can't wait to see how long other companies will struggle to keep their products updated while will smoothly run those applications on the latest OS.

Lastly: What were you expecting? Why are you using Serato if you think it sucks anyway? You think Rekordbox is better? So why complain and not just switch? Or are one of those guys who thinks innovation is something to do on command, especially for such a small company like Serato?

You should rethink your expectations that no one is asking or caring for. Test the software you want and choose the one you like but stop complaining like a little baby.

+1
DJ Fras 7:25 PM - 19 July, 2019
Ouch!
Glenn Ghoul 11:42 PM - 19 July, 2019
Firstly, nobody has been excited, are we reading the same forum?

Secondly, they should be, 2.2 is a fantastic update. Everything you mentioned is actually substantial, even if it’s overdue.

Third, the waveform improvement actually worked (!) and my old ass Macbook (2012 i7 13”) is playing 4 decks w/ PnT & FX on 2 ms without dropouts. It didn’t do that before – I might not need to upgrade for a sec. This is huge for me, thanks Seratoids!

Bonus: batch processing for Tidal brings it one step closer to being a fully functional alternate library with basically unlimited depth. Uhh, this is a dream – and all this forum does is grouse about Tidal not being Spotify. Woof

This update is great – X-mas in July. Thanks y’all.
cotdagoo 12:26 AM - 20 July, 2019
Quote:

And might become useful in 6 months or a year once some decent stats are collected lol..
DjSyndic8 5:50 AM - 20 July, 2019
most of my complaints would be on features that should've been here moons ago, but it seems like this is a regular occurrence here, we ask for a feature for so long that when Serato does finally implement it, Serato says "your welcome" like we finally deserve to have it, All valid points and I hear you, one of the positives about the update is that its solid and stable which is what all DJs ask for, more then anything, and I notice that it loads up and shuts down libraries hella fast, compared to older versions, I'm definitely happy with that.
its always good to keep Serato on their toes,
DjSyndic8 6:04 AM - 20 July, 2019
Quote:

non constructive abusive comments not needed especially if your an adult!
ps. always waiting to have a dig ay "Popn Wav"

Quote:
64bit Serato Video should've been here when SDJ has gone 64bit? Why? Where is correlation?

its 2019 going 64bit would have solved a lot of issues for DJ's and if OS is 64bit then why haven't Serato moved on this to get rid of their 32bit software, it does not make any sense.
Serato would've had a lot more time developing the software instead of trying to fix issues that are 32bit related,

Quote:
What were you expecting? Why are you using Serato if you think it sucks anyway? You think Rekordbox is better?

I didn't say it sucks and I will be using Rekordbox alongside Serato DJ,

good talk fellas :)
v@l 1:19 PM - 20 July, 2019
Serato Dj Pro 2.2 Crashed on me using dvs twice changed buffer setting to higher will be testing ...
Macbook pro mid 2012 2.3ghz i7 osx mojave
v@l 1:21 PM - 20 July, 2019
Also waveforms are smoother but still glitch out just not as frequently..
DJ Tecniq 4:18 PM - 20 July, 2019
Played w/2.2 lastnight at a gig and noticed the waveforms weren’t much of an improvement my eyes started to hurt cause the waveforms seemed blurry at times. I was using video so maybe that is why? However SDJ Pro 2.0.5 the waveforms seem more stable which i was using before 2.2. I have both versions maybe I’ll switch back for now.
Alixx J 5:28 AM - 21 July, 2019
I used it Friday, 5 hour set on DVS and ME... I didn’t have any serious issues, however after loading a video track and pressing cue points immediately, I had empty waveforms until Serato/my Mac caught up, we’re only talking a second or so, but I’ve not seen that happen for a long time.
DjLaZaRuSrOcKs 11:16 AM - 21 July, 2019
I used 2.2 last night at the club. I dj with videos. Mostly a smooth night with a Roland dj 505. However, in the middle of the night the left deck play button stopped working. That's never happened before. It was definitely a serato problem because even using the trackpad to hit the software play button did not work. I turned off the controller and turned it back on. All seemed well for the rest of the night.
deejdave 7:44 PM - 21 July, 2019
"Day n Night mode" LMAO.............. kind of sums it all up no?
DjSyndic8 7:32 AM - 22 July, 2019
in regards to the smooth wave forms I think the last release was the same and it seems to jitter when your scrolling through your library and also I noticed that it has long pauses when you switch from crate to file view soooooooo the release is not so solid, Im just happy that it loads my library fast compared to the old version