Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

2.2 app nap

SMOKE DOGG BITCH 8:25 PM - 16 July, 2019
just updated to 2.2, as always i check all my previous settings and noticed prevent app nap isn't an option. anyone know reasoning behind it
bumbo08 7:25 AM - 17 July, 2019
Would suggest that the app isn't built with whatever it needs to integrate with App Nap.

Could be that Serato have taken it out by default?
popnwave 3:57 PM - 17 July, 2019
"The option won’t be offered for every app; generally the option is only seen if applications weren’t specifically created with App Nap in mind. In our experience, this means the option primarily shows up for applications built in 2013 or earlier, though there are exceptions. If possible, disable App Nap for your program and see if your problem is solved."

App Nap usually only shows on older, 32bit apps that haven't been updated in a long time. I haven't seen it available on SDJ since SDJPro came out and it went 64bit.
SMOKE DOGG BITCH 4:46 PM - 17 July, 2019
it was an option in 2.1.1 and 2.1.2, this is the first time i saw it not an option. just wondering if there was something missed in the 2.2 release or if they incorporated something
Sony311 6:12 AM - 19 July, 2019
I would suggest you open a ticket with Serato -> support.serato.com

Quote:
it was an option in 2.1.1 and 2.1.2, this is the first time i saw it not an option. just wondering if there was something missed in the 2.2 release or if they incorporated something