Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

2.2 and still cant fix the volume in instant doubles :(

Henry GQ 8:14 AM - 16 July, 2019
for the love of djing.. Serato keeps releasing version after version without fixing the volume increase and decreases with instant doubles. sigh... wheres my middle finger emjoi?
dj_soo 5:39 PM - 16 July, 2019
What volume issue? Are you using auto gain? Are you analyzing your files ahead of time?
DJ Tecniq 7:00 PM - 16 July, 2019
Don’t have this issue. Maybe your channel is shot. Explaining what kind of hardware you have would be a great start.
dj_soo 12:11 AM - 17 July, 2019
I'm guess that he has auto gain on, but doesn't bother to analyze his files before hand so when he swaps to the other channel, it engages the auto gain.

Anyway, it's most likely user error since this is the first I've ever heard this issue and I have no problems with instant double levels.
DJ Tecniq 4:40 AM - 17 July, 2019
Quote:
I'm guess that he has auto gain on, but doesn't bother to analyze his files before hand so when he swaps to the other channel, it engages the auto gain.

Anyway, it's most likely user error since this is the first I've ever heard this issue and I have no problems with instant double levels.
I use auto gain and even for files that aren’t analyzed still have the same level with instant doubles. My guess is maybe he’s instant doubling and not pushing the fader fast enough to the other side so it sounds like it’s raising the volume esp if you move slow like a snail and also depends where you have the xfade cut sharp or not.
dj_soo 5:40 AM - 17 July, 2019
if I'm loading a track that hasn't been analyzed, auto gain doesn't apply on the file until it's been loaded a 2nd time (after analyzing on load). So if I need to play an unanalyzed file, I load it up, wait for the waveform to fill in, and then load it again to apply the auto gain.
DJ Tracy G. 5:24 PM - 19 July, 2019
Analyze the file and skip the auto gain altogether.
Dj_Nix 4:59 AM - 29 November, 2021
I've noticed/have the same problem with instant doubles volume differences. I have another friend, same setup, same issue as well... Has there been a solution released?
DJ Marv the Maverick 2:16 PM - 29 November, 2021
Quote:
I've noticed/have the same problem with instant doubles volume differences. I have another friend, same setup, same issue as well... Has there been a solution released?

Nope. Hell I’ve tried different autogain level trying to find one that does not result in volume dropping. No joy.

It affects streaming tracks in a nasty way.

But I’m always mindful to load the track twice now, so that double the data use for a single track.
Rob J 3:16 AM - 30 November, 2021
Yeah, not sure what the OP is asking. More information/detail is necessary. Questions abound...

What is meant by the OP's expression "the volume increase and decreases with instant doubles?"

Does Instant Doubles cause volume differences between the two channels (one channel louder or quieter than the other)?

Does the overall volume of both channels go up? Or both down?

What hardware/controller is being used?

Has the OP used Instant Doubles on different hardware/controllers with the same computer? Or different computers with same hardware/controller?

As previously suggested, I think the OP has some hardware/computer issue, since the claim is made that "version after version" of Serato keeps yielding the same results.

I have never had a problem with Instant Doubles. Every track I play gets Instant Doubles, until I load a track to mix out of the current one playing. Works with all hardware/computers/operating systems that I have owned/used.
Rob J 3:17 AM - 30 November, 2021
LOL, I just saw the post was from 2019...ha! Hope this still isn't an issue in 2.5.7!
Logisticalstyles 3:48 PM - 1 December, 2021
I've had this issue in the past. I can't specifically remember the last time it happened but I know it's happened since I got my Rane Seventy about 7 months ago. It used to happen often when I was using my Numark Scratch and Pioneer SB3 Sometimes you can have a song playing on one channel and when you do an instant double, the volume coming out of the speakers will drop a bit even before you move the crossfader over.