Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato 2.2 no 64 bit video for Windows

djplumcrzy 6:06 AM - 16 July, 2019
Is there a realistic time frame on when Serato DJ Pro will upgrade the 64 bit Serato Video on Windows to match the Mac version of the program? Think about how much energy it took to write (Mac only) all over the release notes and description of the new release. I love my Aleinware and don't want to invest in a Mac until at least a year from now. Any good news would be appreciated. Thanks.
popnwave 3:37 PM - 16 July, 2019
Probably no rush since Win10 will continue to support 32bit apps.
djplumcrzy 4:03 PM - 16 July, 2019
Quote:
. Virtual DJ utilizes the video card and 64 bit operating system. Serato should just buy Virtual DJ and use their technology to fix this decade old issue. I would've stayed with them if their scratch engine wasnt so horrible.
Rebelguy 5:42 PM - 16 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
. Virtual DJ utilizes the video card and 64 bit operating system. Serato should just buy Virtual DJ and use their technology to fix this decade old issue. I would've stayed with them if their scratch engine wasnt so horrible.

You may be a bit overly optimistic in assuming that Serato has the money to buy Virtual DJ.
DJ Tecniq 6:05 PM - 16 July, 2019
Serato has been more aimed towards Mac for so long. I highly doubt Serato will have 64 bit video support.
djplumcrzy 6:07 PM - 16 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You may be a bit overly optimistic in assuming that Serato has the money to buy Virtual DJ.
They could either hire someone from their team or just stop supporting Windows altogether. The new update didn't do shit except allow me to do Day mode.