Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Lost Recording

DJ BIS 8:26 PM - 13 July, 2019
Recorded a whole 3 hour live set and FORGOT TO SAVE at the end (!!!!!!!!😣🤦‍♂️🤬😩)
In the "Recorded" crate found the recorded file, but it has no actual audio. Just SILENCE.
I used this article [ serato.com ]
and checked the temp folder in my WIN10 computer ---> Found a much smaller file which is corrupt (no audio either).

This is the second time this happens. Why is the temp folder trick not working for me?

Is there any way to recover the actual waveform/audio that is missing in these huge silent files Serato saved?

Thank you in advance!
DJ Tecniq 9:01 PM - 13 July, 2019
This is interesting cause almost every time i forget to save my recording. I use the SR2 and don’t seem to have this issue. I can shut down my laptop and the recording is still in the Serato folder🤷🏼‍♂️
DJ BIS 12:25 AM - 16 July, 2019
Are you using WIN10?
I'd like to get to the bottom of this.
DJ Tecniq 1:01 AM - 16 July, 2019
Quote:
Are you using WIN10?
No sorry I’m on Mac but I hear Win 10 OS is the devil. Super buggy w/Serato. Maybe try a fresh install of Win 10?
DJ BIS 1:58 AM - 17 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Are you using WIN10?
No sorry I’m on Mac but I hear Win 10 OS is the devil. Super buggy w/Serato. Maybe try a fresh install of Win 10?

You shouldn't believe all that you hear though. So far I am really enjoying my WIN10 experience, both at gigs, and at home doing typical home stuff.

When comparing my hardships with those of local friends with their new Apple computers I surprise myself at how much simpler life is for me. I never thought I'd say this, but I am.
DJ Tecniq 2:32 AM - 17 July, 2019
Cool hope you figure out the recording issue. Have you tried the new update?
DJ BIS 4:03 AM - 17 July, 2019
Quote:
Cool hope you figure out the recording issue. Have you tried the new update?

Yeah, thanks, man. Downloading it now. 👍
Supagee 4:21 AM - 17 July, 2019
The file should be saved in the Serato folder under recordings. you will need to access this through your windows file structure not through serato.
Supagee 4:22 AM - 17 July, 2019
also you can only record up to 2 hours at a time, if you go longer than that it creates a new file
DJ BIS 5:35 PM - 17 July, 2019
Quote:
also you can only record up to 2 hours at a time, if you go longer than that it creates a new file

Correct, I usually end up with two files when I do a typical 4-hour gig.
Like I said in the OP, I did check the folders within the "Serato" folder and followed the tips provided on their article...

Quote:
In the "Recorded" crate I found the recorded file, but it has no actual audio. Just SILENCE.
I used this article [ serato.com ] and checked the temp folder in my WIN10 computer ---> Found a much smaller file which is corrupt (no audio either).

I am guessing with it being such large audio files, my decision to not save and instead close Serato and shut Windows down quickly caused the files to not be properly written and stored.
Supagee 6:00 PM - 17 July, 2019
Yeah man that would do it if you shut both the software and the OS down i suspect it didn't have time to save the files and just dumped them.
DJ Special K 7:41 PM - 17 July, 2019
I did a hour mix and at the 59min mark serato froze and crashed. It saved the temp .wav file but it was silent just like yours. I had no options but to redo the whole damn mix.
DJ Tecniq 2:21 AM - 18 July, 2019
In my Serato record settings I have not have issues switching to AIFF format. You can record as WAV or AIFF. I choose AIFF then convert it to MP3 or whichever format.
DJ BIS 6:07 AM - 2 August, 2019
Update: After doing more analysis, I found out that my SX3 is recording just fine. The problem seems to happen when I use my S9 only. Once I realized this I did a few recording tests, and the audio signal is simply not getting through to the record out section. SDJP's Record Levels show nothing when I play music. THIS IS WHY I am getting SILENT recordings in the files that are saved. The SX3 recordings come out fine.

So now I am diving deeper and checking settings on the S9 and S9 Driver panel. Everything seems to be set properly though. I am still not seeing audio signal in the RECORDING though.
DJ BIS 6:09 AM - 2 August, 2019
Quote:
So now I am diving deeper and checking settings on the S9 and S9 Driver panel. Everything seems to be set properly though. I am still not seeing audio signal in the RECORDING though.

Figures.... Its a damn BUG! I wasn't doing anything wrong. Pioneer's flaky drivers - SMH

serato.com
DJ Tecniq 6:20 AM - 2 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Figures.... Its a damn BUG! I wasn't doing anything wrong. Pioneer's flaky drivers - SMH

serato.com
Sounds like a Windows bug.
DjCim 2:38 PM - 3 August, 2019
DjBis
Hi friend
Did you set in s9 what will be your recording channel?
remember that there are 8 channels
and channel 5-6 are for recording.
also down on the usb output leave it in -5db
Supagee 4:10 AM - 9 August, 2019
actually i had this issue with the S9 for a long time to get it to work go into the pioneer folder then open the utilities and on USB5/6 it should say mix (rec out) and what you need to do is change it to something else then change it back to mix (rec out) and then the signal will start coming through.

do this when the mixer is plugged into computer and you have serato up and ready to go. if your playing a song and have record selected in serato to see the volume ect you will see the meters go from reading nothing to getting the signal.

this is something i reported well over a year ago, and you have to do those steps every time