Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Small latency using Rane Twelves after track has been playing for a minute or so

deejayplatinum 1:52 AM - 13 July, 2019
...The issue that I am having is that after a track has been playing for a minute or so, although not exaclty a minute and not all of the time, is that when I go to do anything with the record, from gently nudging it while mixing, go to scratch or hit a beat juggle, I will have a small delay, although very slight, think of it as about an 1/8th note, it is inaccurate enough to throw off a mix for a second, not to mention nailing a scratch or grabbing a beat juggle perffectly. I have a newer loaded MacBook Pro, 16 GB of Ram etc.. I am using a Rane 72. I actually own two 72's and four Twevles (a kit for the road and one for home) and all four twelves do the same thing. I have turned off Pitch N Time, I have tried it using tracks from an external drive, a jump drive and the internal drive, all with the same results. I have tried connecting my Twelves to other friends computers and setups, all with the same results. When I first load a track or the track has not been playing for a long time everything is dead accurate. The only constant in the equation are the Twelves. I am currently using the newest version of Serato but it has been doing it on the previous versions as well. I do not have the same results using my Technics 1200's with my current setup, no delay in any part of the song, no matter how long it has been playing. Anybody else experiencing this? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Matt Sherman 9:59 PM - 14 July, 2019
Sounds like your party has been RANE'D on LoL
djplumcrzy 6:11 AM - 16 July, 2019
Quote:
...The issue that I am having is that after a track has been playing for a minute or so, although not exaclty a minute and not all of the time, is that when I go to do anything with the record, from gently nudging it while mixing, go to scratch or hit a beat juggle, I will have a small delay, although very slight, think of it as about an 1/8th note, it is inaccurate enough to throw off a mix for a second, not to mention nailing a scratch or grabbing a beat juggle perffectly. I have a newer loaded MacBook Pro, 16 GB of Ram etc.. I am using a Rane 72. I actually own two 72's and four Twevles (a kit for the road and one for home) and all four twelves do the same thing. I have turned off Pitch N Time, I have tried it using tracks from an external drive, a jump drive and the internal drive, all with the same results. I have tried connecting my Twelves to other friends computers and setups, all with the same results. When I first load a track or the track has not been playing for a long time everything is dead accurate. The only constant in the equation are the Twelves. I am currently using the newest version of Serato but it has been doing it on the previous versions as well. I do not have the same results using my Technics 1200's with my current setup, no delay in any part of the song, no matter how long it has been playing. Anybody else experiencing this? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
I will keep a look out on the new version of the program that came out today to see if I run into the same issue and will keep you posted on the results. What is your Latency set at on the Rane? I have it set to 1ms 64
YZ 8:09 PM - 16 July, 2019
Quote:

What is this Amateur Night?
dj_smoov 12:39 AM - 17 July, 2019
I have the same problem but Im using a S9 but even when scratching its skipping around a bit and not fluid like turntables.. I really wish they would get this fix right and leave it alone
djplumcrzy 1:19 AM - 17 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

What is this Amateur Night?

No it's troll night. If you can't offer any constructive advice. Please by all means go play in traffic.
dj_smoov 1:24 AM - 17 July, 2019
Serato 2.0.5 is the best version still for Rane Twelve's
djkidkeoni 1:34 AM - 26 July, 2019
I’m having this issue too and it’s driving me crazy.
2.0.5 seems to be a temp fix (thanks for the tip)
I hope this gets resolved asap
Illiment 7:04 PM - 26 July, 2019
I've had this issue with the twelves too, as well as sometimes the pitch slider won't respond right away if one deck has been left untouched for a little while. Almost like it went into standby or sleep mode lol, not sure if those issues would be related...

It hasn't been consistent with me and I haven't been using them often enough lately to care, but it was a little annoying at the time.
Matt Sherman 10:46 PM - 26 July, 2019
Get Pioneer. Problem solved!
dj_smoov 11:39 PM - 26 July, 2019
Thats a fact!! Im just gonna shelf the twelves til its not a problem no more like its been with the new updates
DJ Tecniq 12:28 AM - 27 July, 2019
Rane twelves are supposed to be rock solid...what happened #phasedout