Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Why some people have chosen Vegas Pro over Final Cut Pro or Express

Kenny Q 1:59 AM - 27 July, 2009
Just wanted to know why certain people would rather use Vegas.

I have both programs. I use Vegas because someone offered to teach me how to edit with it.
DJ-Phat-AL 3:00 AM - 27 July, 2009
main reasons for me...
my home workstations are PC.
my only mac is the one I DJ with... and that is ALL I use it for.
I have been using Vegas since it was Vegas Audio Version 1
I know the program good enough to get edits done fairly quick and looking good.
you don't have to convert anything to edit in it... takes a lot of different video types.
DJ-Phat-AL 3:01 AM - 27 July, 2009
oh... and works great with audio multi-track as well for doing modifications to audio tracks associated with the video track.
dvdj havoc 8:43 AM - 27 July, 2009
+1 works great and still pretty simple to use. for a long time i used cakewalk for audio and when i got involved with vegas the same concept carried over
djpuma_gemini 4:48 PM - 27 July, 2009
Quote:
oh... and works great with audio multi-track as well for doing modifications to audio tracks associated with the video track.

+1
I've actually done simple audio edits in vegas.

I use it because the learning curve was much easier than FCP
I don't need to convert my vob to prores or some other format.

My home computer is a mac pro, but running xp. If I knew fcp as much as vegas i'd have no need for windows or vegas, but until I make the jump i'm going to use vegas.
DJ Pimp 5:26 AM - 28 July, 2009
Bcuz is very simple and easy to use.
Extremely easy to sync. I don't even know how to sync in FCP.
I don't need science behind it, I want to do it as quickly as I can.
I wish only if there would be Vegas for macs :)
Bren 8:49 AM - 28 July, 2009
The problem with comparing products is that most people don't..

People generally go with one, learn it, maybe even master it and then wonder what else is out there, and any alternative seems inferior or complex for obvious reasons.

I don't know anyone who can honestly say they're advanced in Vegas, Premier, and FCP - if there's such a person here then I'd love to be informed as to the pluses and minuses of each, and whether one is clearly better than the rest.

I chose Vegas through recommendation, and so far I haven’t had reason to try anything else.
eder 10:41 AM - 28 July, 2009
I grew up editing in premiere since I was 13 and FCP is scarily similar to Premiere, therefore I rolll w/ FCP. I've used Vegas before, and don't get me wrong it's great, but I know all the key commands and effect settings i like and shortcuts etc for FCP. Oh and the fact that since my last PC died, I only have Macs left.
DJ-Phat-AL 12:56 PM - 28 July, 2009
Quote:
Oh and the fact that since my last PC died

my condolences.

sorry for your loss