Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

"Grouping" tag not updating in Serato from iTunes

freakingmrjw 11:51 AM - 29 June, 2019
Fellow DJs,

Just a quick and probably simple question. I asked Serato Support but they are not providing an answer for a month now?? (not really good)

I run a Mac OSX and Serato 2.1.2.
My main organization I do in iTunes (crates and tagging) and just refresh tags in Serato.
I now noticed that the "Grouping" tag (where I put extra track info and reference) is not updating properly in Serato. All other tags seem to update fine.
In Recordbox all updates fine, so I assume the iTunes Library is OK.

Any solutions suggested? (I deleted Serato and reinstalled, deleted the V2 file....).
Yayo12 7:03 PM - 8 November, 2019
I am having a very similar issue. I noticed the same thing with the grouping field, so I started using the comments field. Well, some songs do update and some other don't. I thought it was Itunes not saving the info correctly, but I later checked in a third party tag editor software, and as soon as I make a change in Itunes, the tag editor software recognizes it. So that also makes me believe Serato is not working properly. I close and reopen Serato. I click on Rescan ID3 tags multiple times and nothing. I wonder what is going on
FC 7:53 PM - 24 January, 2020
Windows 10 Pro Build 1903
Serato 2.3.2
NO iTunes (never ever)
ID3v2.3 (ID3c ID3v2.3)
MPEG 1 Layer III

So Serato Pro isn't showing any of my Grouping tags.
I edited a file's grouping within Serato but MP3Tag V3 isn't showing that information so I assume Serato does not pull the %grouping% field/value ?
DJMaytag 2:10 AM - 26 January, 2023
Serato uses a different tag than iTunes, so anything you edit in iTunes won't show up in Serato.

iTunes: GROUPING
Serato: CONTENTGROUP

The way I use grouping in Serato messes things up in iTunes, so I don't bother with what's being shown in iTunes.