Off-topic Discussion

That which does not fit elsewhere. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

I need help with dj pool decision

DJ Hopex 12:45 AM - 18 June, 2019
I'm new to this dj pool stuff and current to BPM Supreme and Mymp3pool, and I only can afford for one as a college student. So, can someone help the pro and cons of each? I'm just using to get the mainstream and some older stuff. I really like them both though so this is hard, and I want to stick to one and not alternate each month. What are you guys preferences?
Ardentnyc 1:24 PM - 27 August, 2019
Quote:
I'm new to this dj pool stuff and current to BPM Supreme and Mymp3pool, and I only can afford for one as a college student. So, can someone help the pro and cons of each? I'm just using to get the mainstream and some older stuff. I really like them both though so this is hard, and I want to stick to one and not alternate each month. What are you guys preferences?

Imo, Just stay with BPM supreme -- I used it several times in the past; however, if you if you are an active DJ (you are djing 1-2 times a week each week) I would consider hopping into DJcity ($90 every three months)

They usually stay updated with relevant club music & remixes. If you need more of an old school library then hop to Heavy Hits pool or if you have the money Direct Music Service. They both have a deep old school library covering all genres.

Hope that helps.
DJ JulioYEG 7:26 PM - 26 September, 2019
YO! i used bpm for a full year it was okay you get new shit quick edits are okay. If you only dj new shit you wont find better. I have club killers now got a promo price of 29 a month instead
you get the same as bpm some of the same producers too but also extra sick edits they samsh the clubs but i also used there back catalog to redo my whole throwback crates. if anything get it for a month grind out all your crates and then go to heavy hits. bpm isnt good anymore heavy hits is a mix of bpm and club killers but cheaper
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 7:16 PM - 28 October, 2019
Quote:
So, can someone help the pro and cons of each? I'm just using to get the mainstream and some older stuff. I really like them both though so this is hard, and I want to stick to one and not alternate each month.

I see a lot of Facebook posts and even a few here about BPMsupreme not getting new essential stuff in a timely manner if at all. I know the original post is from June before that started happening but if u did choose BPM and you are now searching for a new pool, give www.idjpool a try....

They were thinking about offering a Student Discount but look here and see if some of the sub pools can meet your needs - www.idjpool.com

Purpose if a pool is to promote new music but there is also a Classic section for the older stuff
DJ JulioYEG 2:24 AM - 30 October, 2019
i heard heavy hitters is the shit now.. might make the switch personally they reached out to me a few months ago but my buddy uses it and they have sick re drums. super well organized actively being updated. look put for jekey edits those are the shit. www.heavyhits.com
DJ JulioYEG 2:26 AM - 30 October, 2019
Quote:
www.idjpool a try....

how is latin/reggeaton not included under the urban dj category wtf
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 1:57 AM - 1 November, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
www.idjpool a try....

how is latin/reggeaton not included under the urban dj category wtf

I'll ask the Pool director - never thought that deep about it before but seems legit....

I think that he services a ton of Urban aka Rap, Hip Hop and R&B that if anybody needed Latin on top of that would hopefully spring for the full pool membership instead of the $25 Urban only?