Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

denon prime4 is shipping ..some received it ! when is serato support coming ?

fatdjsin 8:49 PM - 27 May, 2019
my buying decision for this unit will depend on how well serato plays with the device, will it ignore the screen display ? or replicate the serato screen i have on my mac ? how well will this be integrated ?

and when can we expect those 2 to work together ?
DJ Unique 6:34 AM - 28 May, 2019
I thought this was a stand-alone system?

No mention on Denon's website of Serato DJ support. You can use Serato's library but that is about it.
popnwave 4:54 PM - 28 May, 2019
It is a stand alone system 1st.. so any additional support is just gravy.

Def think anyone buying this prior to any other support being announced is clueless and hasn't been following it's release very closely.
DJMIYAGI 7:05 PM - 28 May, 2019
There are multiple videos of the Prime 4 on YT with the guys from Denon saying Serato support will be coming for sure. Just gotta be patient.
fatdjsin 2:05 AM - 29 May, 2019
Quote:
There are multiple videos of the Prime 4 on YT with the guys from Denon saying Serato support will be coming for sure. Just gotta be patient.

i'm patient :) but i have many many questions on IF and HOW the tactile display on the prime4 will be used by serato .. or it will stay the same and NOT match the info of serato ? ...thats the worst case scenario....best case scenario it received an image from serato AND you can have the serato video display on there ....that would bomb the market i think.......

not setting my hopes too high and waiting to see pioneer's reply to this beast.
DJ JulioYEG 3:49 AM - 29 May, 2019
patient like with the m player? that’s literally the sameas the 5000 but with a motor smh. Almost a year and nothing. learn from the allen & heath cry babies meaning dont buy a product expecting support when it doesn’t have it OFFICIALLY anounced. as popn wave said if your buyibg itnfor standalone good. but if your buying it expecting serato support id wait.
popnwave 2:37 PM - 29 May, 2019
The 5000s, as nice as they are, still don't show all of the info I'd like them to if I was going to use them with SDJ.

I seriously doubt the display on the Prime 4 will show more than very basic info when in SDJ controller mode. It's about pushing realtime GFX updates, even people bitch about the 72 not being perfect.

I think the USB overhead over USB2 is still too limited to get decent, smooth GUIs pushing over it. So many variables, it ain't gonna be great.
Matt Hite 4:53 PM - 29 May, 2019
Don't make purchasing decisions based upon product roadmaps. You'll inevitably be disappointed.
DJ JulioYEG 9:38 PM - 29 May, 2019
Quote:
Don't make purchasing decisions based upon product roadmaps. You'll inevitably be disappointed.

exactly