Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ Pro, weird bug. does this happen to me or?? anyone else?

gurjpz 10:29 PM - 11 May, 2019
im just a regular DJ, i just play and mix at home, and when i get a gig etc i pray to god this dont happen to me.

Please see the screen shot: click link / copy paste in url. :

LINK: prntscr.com

So basically, when i open DJ Tabs for example, the sampler or the REC tab, if i close it, the DJ lines are so small, i can't even do anything about it, and ive tried the + and - to see if that would do anything, and nope nothing, it just makes the lines go even smaller, lol? surely this is a bug because its been happening to me for ages and i even updated serato the other day. The only way to fix this is to close serato DJ, and re open it, stopping all my music. I hope to god this never happens at a gig i perform at, otherwise that would be a nightmare.
cotdagoo 11:27 PM - 11 May, 2019
What are the "DJ lines" ?
gurjpz 11:28 PM - 11 May, 2019
the waveforms
cotdagoo 4:41 PM - 12 May, 2019
Maybe post a pic of what they look like before vs after?

Hard to tell what the difference is from 1 image
gurjpz 7:05 PM - 12 May, 2019
prntscr.com NORMAL

prnt.sc BUG

Please check above thanks
gurjpz 7:07 PM - 12 May, 2019
Note that both screens are Maximized. So its in full screen.
gurjpz 7:08 PM - 12 May, 2019
To make it better, have both pictures side by side and, just keep flicking on to one to the other, back and fourth, the waveform is so weird.
Telony Ex 7:36 PM - 12 May, 2019
You’re right. This hapeens in the extended waveform view.

I have been experiencing it for as long as i can remember.

I believe it has to do with scaling after you open any tab that will need the screen to show more things at once. So sampler, fx or recording tabs. Once you close them. The waveform still remain small and only revert to regular after the app is closed. Not sure if it happens in any other view modes apart from extended.
gurjpz 7:39 PM - 12 May, 2019
Yeah, thankfully im not the only one. is there a way to fix this? it only happens in extended i believe too.
kmeex 7:44 PM - 12 May, 2019
Does shift+click on the waveform fix this when it happens?
The Return of Dj Sparky 7:51 PM - 12 May, 2019
Quote:
Does shift+click on the waveform fix this when it happens?

he tried that in the original post...

Serato will add it to the list of things they are never going to fix
cotdagoo 9:17 PM - 12 May, 2019
Thanks for the pics for comparison. I don't use the extended waveform view often - really easy to tell something is messed up.

Does switching between 4 deck mode and back to 2 help at all? (don't have any hardware in front of me to check)
Telony Ex 10:10 PM - 12 May, 2019
Shift click + will control zoom level of waveform. It is not a zoom issue. The waveform window actually changes. Switching to 4 decks and back to 2 decks is a easy way to see it. Note mentioning is this happens on a 13” macbook. So ppl may not experience it if they have a bigger display.
But yeah. The actual frame that the waveform is in gets narrow.
ZackDaniels 4:01 AM - 13 May, 2019
Shift+Command + Click /or/ Shift+Control + Click will do the trick!