Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Crates Missing ?!

MengRen 8:06 AM - 8 May, 2019
After many years of using the SL1, today I started to match the library with SL4 on my new MacBook Pro.
I made the first crate, analyzed the files. After I reopened the Serato DJ Pro, the crate did not appear. Library is empty?! ??! By closing the DJ Pro I made a backup library.
I do not understand what I do wrong ?!
DjSyndic8 10:16 AM - 8 May, 2019
Quote:
After many years of using the SL1, today I started to match the library with SL4 on my new MacBook Pro.
I made the first crate, analyzed the files. After I reopened the Serato DJ Pro, the crate did not appear. Library is empty?! ??! By closing the DJ Pro I made a backup library.
I do not understand what I do wrong ?!

where is the _Serato_ folder located?
popnwave 4:44 PM - 8 May, 2019
Sounds like the _Serato_ folder didn't get copied over
MengRen 7:38 PM - 8 May, 2019
Hm,
Everything is new: a new computer. New SL4, New Video Files Database. I work totally from zero on a new computer. I see nowhere to write _Serato_folder as an old computer with an old SL1.
MengRen 7:51 PM - 8 May, 2019
I Video files are on an external drive, which is also a backup as a time machine. Does this have any connection?
popnwave 7:53 PM - 8 May, 2019
Let me take a few screen shots.. give me a few minutes
MengRen 8:01 PM - 8 May, 2019
The disc is external LaCie connected to the usb-c port. I've now tried to put a couple of video files on a regular usb stick 3.0 and when he is doing it, he remembers it properly.
popnwave 8:03 PM - 8 May, 2019
I have all of my media on a 4TB SSD, but SDJ still creates a _Serato_ folder on both my OS drive (SAMSUNG1TBSSD) and my library drive (SERATO). If you don't copy all of the old _Serato_ folders over you will be missing crates, cues and possibly other things like tags and data that couldn't be written to the mp3s/mp4s directly.

I copy the two sets of _Serato_ folders to my dropbox about once a month in case something huge fails and I need to restore. Mine are only about 200MB total.

So on a FRESH install, I would run SDJ once, exit out and then copy my _Serato_ folders from each drive back on top of it.
popnwave 8:08 PM - 8 May, 2019
It's kinda hard to explain via pictures -

imgur.com

But it is a simple process, might be a video on Serato's YouTube channel that does a better job than me.

There's a few videos here that might explain it better for you:

www.youtube.com
MengRen 8:32 PM - 8 May, 2019
I have now set up another external disk with the same database: WD 3TB (ExFat). He writes crates on it properly! So on LaCie (MacOs Extended) 4TB does not write!?! ??! I do not understand what the problem is. It's all new.
MengRen 9:02 PM - 8 May, 2019
Ugh. I solved the problem. I copied the files from this disk (WD) that has memorized to this disk on which it was not (LaCie). And now it's okay. SLr records and memorized new crates on Ext disk LaCie.
The Return of Dj Sparky 9:05 PM - 8 May, 2019
Quote:
Ugh. I solved the problem. I copied the files from this disk (WD) that has memorized to this disk on which it was not (LaCie). And now it's okay. SLr records and memorized new crates on Ext disk LaCie.

makes perfect sense....
DJ JulioYEG 5:11 PM - 9 May, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

makes perfect sense....

elaborate