Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Database / library rebuilt, track lengths nuked after updating to 2.1.1

DJ CMount 8:48 PM - 5 May, 2019
The tracks were not moved, deleted, etc. All I did was switch from an older version of Serato DJ 1.9.10 to current Serato DJ Pro 2.1.1 & purchased & activated Pitch N Time. Now the track lengths for tens of thousands of songs is missing.

Upon launching Serato DJ Pro 2.1.1, it started reading tags from my entire library, and even after it completed, it cleared out the track length for files that I accessed as recently as yesterday and have not deleted/moved. I believe it was rebuilding my database on running the newly updated Serato DJ Pro 2.1.1. Again, these files were not moved, etc. All that changed was updating my Serato & purchasing Pitch N Time.

My understanding was that analyzing tracks would clear out manually fixed beatgrids / BPMS. Is this not the case? I saw a lot of people in other posts recommending analyzing your library. If there's a way to quickly fix ~50,000+ tracks that suddenly lost their lengths after updating my Serato WITHOUT clearing out BPMs and Beatgrids I've fixed, I'm all ears.

Some thoughts I had: Would restoring database or other files from a backup fix this? My backup software should keep many versions of my files to roll back if this can help.
What about programming a macro to load the songs in my database via keyboard shortcuts? Any other thoughts? Fortunately I don't have a gig in the immediate future, but I've spent countless hours fixing beatgrids, BPMS, etc. recently for a big event I have in under a couple weeks. I *CANNOT* have hundreds/thousands of hours of work undone if analyzing my library will, in fact, undo this.

Ideas? At the very least, it should be better communicated that updating software may corrupt / rebuild database.
Serato
Maxime V 4:50 AM - 8 May, 2019
Hi DJ CMount,

Sorry to hear you are having problem with your library.
Updating Serato DJ does not rebuild and should not corrupt your database.
It's best to open a ticket with the support they will be able to help you with that support.serato.com

Regards,
Maxime
The Return of Dj Sparky 4:58 PM - 8 May, 2019
Have you tried re rescanning the id3 tags?

Click on the files button and there is a rescanning I'd tags option
Sandeep Pathak 12:53 PM - 25 November, 2019
I have the same issue it cleared out the track length & names as well