DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Does Serato DJ Pro sound like sh!t compare to SDJ?

Crackpipe 6:06 AM - 29 April, 2019
I'm late to the game and upgrade my laptop to Mojave and upgraded to Serato DJ Pro from SDJ. I'm on a Rane TTM56 with SL3 on a macbook pro i7 16 GB RAM.

Is it me or does SDJP sounds like sh!t compared to SDJ? I have a lot more artifacts in my songs and the tracks sound more tinny. Echo Out from the FX package use to sound decent in SDJ, now it sounds terrible and artificial, almost like a 1980's Speak and Spell.

If this is normal, then I'm rolling my sh!t back :/
Mr. Goodkat 4:02 PM - 29 April, 2019
why do you have to roll back
dj_soo 7:26 PM - 29 April, 2019
Most people think the sound improved with the 64 but pro.

Could be Mojave rather than serato.
Crackpipe 2:01 AM - 30 April, 2019
Quote:

SDJ is not compatible with Mojave.
Crackpipe 2:02 AM - 30 April, 2019
Quote:
Most people think the sound improved with the 64 but pro.

Could be Mojave rather than serato.

I read a few threads where people said it sounded better, but didn't find any threads on SDJP sounding worse than SDJ.

Sounds very artificial and tinny compared to SDJ...
dj_soo 4:10 AM - 30 April, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

SDJ is not compatible with Mojave.

have you tried?
Mr. Goodkat 4:51 PM - 30 April, 2019
seems like people are really digging mojave but i always wait as long as possible to upgrade OS.

i dont see a huge difference in sdj and sdj pro, neither sound great, but thru the right mixer i think they are pretty good.

id at least try sdj on mojave, ssl still works fine on my sierra os mbp
The Return of Dj Sparky 5:16 PM - 30 April, 2019
There was a massive thread on this but most people have bit the bullet and moved on to sdj mainly because of hardware not supported by ssl,

Either revert to an older version of osx or use sdj as serato will not be making any changes in this area they are too busy supporting the next Fisher Price controller and who ever wants to throw some licensing money to support their bit of entry level junk
popnwave 5:35 PM - 30 April, 2019
Mojave still runs all of that stuff just fine, Apple has threatened that it will be the last to support anything that is still 32bit though.
Crackpipe 2:03 AM - 1 May, 2019
I upgraded to mojave (from el capitan), because I was interested in stability of the Apple File System and also the ability to clean out all the junk files. As an OS it's pretty solid so far.

As for Mojave running SDJ, I believe I ran into an error message when I tried to install or upgrade. Maybe I'll do a fresh install to see if that works.