Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Turn off auto-internal

DJ Laitier 6:47 AM - 24 April, 2019
As now as Phase has been shipped, there is upcomming a little problem. Playing Vinyl it was a good idea to auto-switch into internal mode when the needle is at it's end, but with Phase, there is no need for this.
Is there a way to turn this feature off?
And what happens if the Phase plays out of it's range? Will it instantly start from it's beginning like the needle was set to the outer ring?
Laz219 7:06 AM - 25 April, 2019
Seems more like it's on phase to fix this known issue than Serato to put in a workaround.
Despo 2:06 PM - 25 April, 2019
Quote:
Seems more like it's on phase to fix this known issue than Serato to put in a workaround.

Why don't people understand how phase works? Phase just sends a tone that doesn't end. Anywhere. Serato just goes into int when it can't read noisemap. Phase doesn't send NOISEMAP it only sends TONE and it never will send NOISEMAP. Because there is no position on a record to be tracked, only rotation speed and direction.

AKA serato needs to fix this
Laz219 2:43 PM - 25 April, 2019
Is it an official accessory? No?
So it isn't seratos problem if their software doesn't perform with an external companies product.

If it becomes OSA.... Then yes.
Djkom 6:04 PM - 25 April, 2019
Quote:
Is it an official accessory? No?
So it isn't seratos problem if their software doesn't perform with an external companies product.

If it becomes OSA.... Then yes.

With Rekordbox/Traktor/VDJ there is no problem, so it's clearly on SDJ Side. Denon sc3700/sc3900 hybrid mode has the same issue with SDJ.

OSA means tight integration (hid or midi) so nothing to do with Phase which is a generic analog device.

The automic switch to INT mode is decided by SDJ algorithm so why not just let the users have the choice to active or not this setting ???
I'm sure it's not a big deal to implement, but now that Serato takes forever to add a simple feature I don't know when we will have it ...
The Return of Dj Sparky 7:27 PM - 25 April, 2019
Cracks me up that people think it's a sdi issue as well, the phase is practally a bootleg tone so serato is not designed for this generic tone it is designed for their customer noise map tone
Despo 7:31 PM - 25 April, 2019
Doesn't really matter, I'm pretty sure serato or either mwm will fix it at some point
AKIEM 7:31 PM - 25 April, 2019
..... my bootleg vinyl isnt working
Despo 7:33 PM - 25 April, 2019
Quote:
..... my bootleg vinyl isnt working

Then use phase, it works pretty well ;)
The Return of Dj Sparky 7:35 PM - 25 April, 2019
The fix will be like the release date, delayed delayed and delayed 🤣
AKIEM 7:48 PM - 25 April, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
"my bootleg vinyl isnt working"

Then use phase, it works pretty well ;)

*edit

its actully the same problem i hear
Despo 10:17 PM - 25 April, 2019
well tbh, phase switches to internal less often than you have to dust off your needle
Laz219 12:52 AM - 26 April, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

OSA means tight integration (hid or midi) so nothing to do with Phase which is a generic analog device.

Not really. Anything could be labelled an OSA if Serato choose to support it, officially.... As an accessory, for Serato software.
DJ JulioYEG 2:31 AM - 26 April, 2019
Quote:
Will it instantly start from it's beginning like the needle was set to the outer ring?

ive never had anything go out of rel into internal and restart. definitely a bug unless I miss interpreted what ur saying.
DJ JulioYEG 2:32 AM - 26 April, 2019
and if it doesn't automatically go into int ur fucked cause it will stop immediately until the tone starts being read by Serato again and u switch back to rel.
electromagnetic 11:33 AM - 13 October, 2019
when they fix this bug?
YZ 9:16 PM - 14 October, 2019
Hold up, Phase has bugs?
electromagnetic 1:40 AM - 15 October, 2019
only this bug..it’s a good product
symptom 2:47 AM - 2 January, 2021
Just got Phase, Firmware 5.0, blah blah blah and it still switches to internal mode in Serato just about every single time I play. I tried the MWM work around, didn't work. Great idea and fun but annoying as f*ck so until its an accessory screw it I'm returning it. I'll just but a new stylus.