Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Make Censor to JUST rewind a song

DJ Surda 12:13 PM - 15 April, 2019
Hello

So we have a SLIP mode that returns playback position to where it would be if you have not manipulated the audio (scratching, looping, etc.).
Censor rewinds a song but it also includes SLIP mode.
Should not be better that Censor just rewinds the song and Censor in SLIP mode works like nowadays? Do i missing something?

Thanks.
DJMIYAGI 7:50 PM - 15 April, 2019
Censor is mainly for editing explicit songs on the fly while keeping the track in time so that's why it behaves the way it does.
DJ Surda 8:01 PM - 15 April, 2019
But it can be used for other purposes, for creative purposes, that's the way i always have used.
DJMIYAGI 7:16 PM - 16 April, 2019
I realize that but I'm still not seeing your point. If you want to reverse the track just use the Q and A keys on your computer's keyboard to enable reverse and W and S to go back to normal playback.
acemc 8:13 PM - 27 May, 2019
You have "censor", which "censors explicit lyrics" then continues as if nothing had been pressed. Then you have "reverse", which actually plays the track in reverse. I think you're pressing the wrong button.
DJ Surda 10:52 AM - 28 May, 2019
Where do you see a reverse button? Or how do you active reverse play?
acemc 10:54 AM - 28 May, 2019
As DJMIYAGI said
" If you want to reverse the track just use the Q and A keys on your computer's keyboard to enable reverse and W and S to go back to normal playback.
This is also midi mappable as well if you are using a controller.
DJ Surda 10:58 AM - 28 May, 2019
For safety reasons I have keyboard shortcues disabled when i dj.
Even so, im focusing on censor function.
DJMIYAGI 6:51 PM - 28 May, 2019
Quote:
For safety reasons I have keyboard shortcues disabled when i dj.
Even so, im focusing on censor function.

Censor keys are U and J
Laz219 6:28 AM - 30 May, 2019
If censor didn't slip.. All it would be doing would be rewinding the thing you're trying to censor and then playing it again, basically drawing more attention to it.

What you're asking for is a feature to be modified to not actually suit it's purpose, when a regular reverse already exists in the software (and a lot of hardware) that can be used for this 'creative use'
DJ Surda 8:41 AM - 30 May, 2019
Quote:
If censor didn't slip.. All it would be doing would be rewinding the thing you're trying to censor and then playing it again, basically drawing more attention to it.

What you're asking for is a feature to be modified to not actually suit it's purpose, when a regular reverse already exists in the software (and a lot of hardware) that can be used for this 'creative use'

Great, if that is true can not believe Pioneer DDJ-SX has no reverse button.
acemc 8:48 AM - 30 May, 2019
It does!! use shift + censor!!
DJ Surda 9:12 AM - 30 May, 2019
Quote:
It does!! use shift + censor!!

THANKS! that is the answer acemc!

Could not find this in the manual/guide.
acemc 9:17 AM - 30 May, 2019
No problem at all. Hahah - Had you said you were using a DDJ-SX earlier, this probably would've been solved in the 1st response.