DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Phase dj not working

JISANANIMAL 2:23 PM - 13 April, 2019
Is anyone else having problems??

Plugged in the phase box to my pioneer djm s9
Slapped on the phase and nothing happened

I know phase seems stupid proof but i can’t get it to work
Please try not to roast me too hard and any help would be greatly appreciated
Chino 2:31 PM - 13 April, 2019
Quote:

Did you fully charge the Phase transmitters FIRST, before attempting to use them? Phase comes partially charged from the factory but most rechargeable devices in general need an initial full charging before use.
JISANANIMAL 11:25 PM - 13 April, 2019
Yep both charged both 100%
alsuser 7:38 PM - 14 April, 2019
Have you plugged the Phase into the line inputs?

mwm-store.com
Culprit 8:21 AM - 15 April, 2019
The range is not really good make sure the receiver is close to the transmitters
Crackpipe 9:16 PM - 16 April, 2019
I'm knocking on this thing and I haven't even used it BUT....

this thing seems so gimmicky...

You don't have to worry about dusty/replacement needles or worn control vinyl or heavy vibration in big clubs.

But at the same time this introduces new issues like charging the sensors, making sure the sensors stay connected to the base unit, along with having an obnoxious lump in the middle of your control vinyl. I don't know about you, but I backspin using the label of the record really quick. Ya'll phaser DJs just going to press buttons instead of backspinning?

How do these things unstick from the record? If they don't unstick, you gonna make holes in your record sleeves so you can transport the vinyl around? lol
Crackpipe 9:19 PM - 16 April, 2019
This thing is made with 2010s technology with an early 1990s product design.

Kind of reminds me of the 32x for the Sega Genesis...

en.wikipedia.org
Crackpipe 9:20 PM - 16 April, 2019
In fact, Imma call you Phase Djs... "32Xer DJs"
The Return of Dj Sparky 9:37 PM - 16 April, 2019
another phater...
Culprit 9:45 PM - 16 April, 2019
Quote:
In fact, Imma call you Phase Djs... "32Xer DJs"

calm your tone old man
DJ QUIJI 2:19 AM - 17 April, 2019
you need to go into your Serato DJ pro setup menu switch from turntables to cd. then plug the rca cables into cd jacks on the back of the mixer
DJ QUIJI 2:20 AM - 17 April, 2019
Quote:

you need to go into your Serato DJ pro setup menu switch from turntables to cd. then plug the rca cables into cd jacks on the back of the mixer
Illiment 1:21 PM - 17 April, 2019
Quote:

How do these things unstick from the record? If they don't unstick, you gonna make holes in your record sleeves so you can transport the vinyl around? lol

LMAO these idiots. If you're gonna hate on something at least fully educate yourself on it first.
dj_soo 6:47 PM - 17 April, 2019
Quote:
I'm knocking on this thing and I haven't even used it BUT....

this thing seems so gimmicky...

You don't have to worry about dusty/replacement needles or worn control vinyl or heavy vibration in big clubs.

But at the same time this introduces new issues like charging the sensors, making sure the sensors stay connected to the base unit, along with having an obnoxious lump in the middle of your control vinyl. I don't know about you, but I backspin using the label of the record really quick. Ya'll phaser DJs just going to press buttons instead of backspinning?

It's a stopgap solution to problems that have been plaguing turntable users for a while now and allows most turntable users to squeeze a few more years of life out of their old decks.

I think something like the Twelves is an actual step forward because it eliminates the additional problems with timecode like record stop not working with pitch n time engaged and allowing for instantaneous pitch control.

The sticker is a magnetic plate that the phase attaches to so there's no sticky residue when you remove the transmitter.
d:raf 2:24 AM - 18 April, 2019
It seems to work for this guy... www.reddit.com
AKIEM 3:08 AM - 19 April, 2019
lol
SUBSTANCE 12:11 AM - 2 May, 2019
you have to pair them. hold the button on the receiver for 3 seconds.
dj mc juneski 9:46 AM - 9 May, 2019
Need Heads Up On The New Phase Software- I Run Macbook Pro 2011 OS Yosemite and Rane ttm57sl Mixer & Serato Scratch Live 2.5 ...Problem downloading the software Not Compatible.....any Help...contacted MWM-Music World Media Via Email ..No Response But An Automatic Response That They Will Look Into Problem...No Reslove!!!! Anyone Have Problem also..Thanks guys.....In advance!!!!
popnwave 9:11 PM - 9 May, 2019
Quote:
Need Heads Up On The New Phase Software- I Run Macbook Pro 2011 OS Yosemite and Rane ttm57sl Mixer & Serato Scratch Live 2.5 ...Problem downloading the software Not Compatible.....any Help...contacted MWM-Music World Media Via Email ..No Response But An Automatic Response That They Will Look Into Problem...No Reslove!!!! Anyone Have Problem also..Thanks guys.....In advance!!!!

They only support macOS I think, do you're gonna have to be Sierra (10.12) or later at this point.
dj mc juneski 12:40 PM - 11 May, 2019
thanks...its incredible that this being so new and suppose to clear all the dj problems with needles now has become business over ingenuity...thanks again so disappointed...
Culprit 6:45 PM - 11 May, 2019
Quote:
thanks...its incredible that this being so new and suppose to clear all the dj problems with needles now has become business over ingenuity...thanks again so disappointed...

there are tons of users who are not having issues and as software moves forward, we must as well if we want to utilize the latest gear. That's just the facts, why would anyone make a product this day and age that factors in research and development for obsolete machinery.

You really got to think about it from a business perspective as well.
MPC O.G. 4:04 AM - 13 May, 2019
It's mostly a QC issue. They had to rush them out and some work, some don't. The percentage of bad units is relatively low. HOPEFULLY they will get a grip on QC before I order some. The MK II units will be what I wait on. Good luck guinea pigs.
DJ Evillincoln!? 10:21 PM - 7 August, 2019
Well this thread was a complete waste of time. lol
Guess I'm looking elsewhere as opposed to..... a DJ forum.
SMH.
Culprit 3:03 AM - 8 August, 2019
Quote:
Well this thread was a complete waste of time. lol
Guess I'm looking elsewhere as opposed to..... a DJ forum.
SMH.

good luck and god speed
William G. Haskins 11:50 PM - 6 January, 2020
timecode issues with djm 750 mixer
William G. Haskins 11:52 PM - 6 January, 2020
only a remote nothing coming from b remote
DJ Varmintbaby 2:58 AM - 7 January, 2020
Quote:
only a remote nothing coming from b remote

Did you re-pair it with the base unit? Do you have the RCA cable pushed fully in on the base unit and mixer?
TJ Johnson 8:34 PM - 7 January, 2020
Phase remote A works perfect. Remote B does not, sounds like a dirty needle. The red line stops at 3/4 so the sound is terrible. I did all trouble shooting step and still the same issue. Last night for 2 hours both remotes worked perfectly. Now only one...Any suggestions?
dj_soo 8:53 PM - 7 January, 2020
Have you tried new rca cables?
The Return of Dj Sparky 8:58 PM - 7 January, 2020
Quote:
Phase remote A works perfect. Remote B does not, sounds like a dirty needle. The red line stops at 3/4 so the sound is terrible. I did all trouble shooting step and still the same issue. Last night for 2 hours both remotes worked perfectly. Now only one...Any suggestions?

sounds like your feeding a line source into a phono input
C-note 2:34 AM - 4 February, 2020
OK, so back to diagnosing the problem. I just bought Phase and downloaded Serato DJ Pro. I'm used to Scratch Live and DJ Pro is frustrating me to no end. I've bought the $10/month subscription to the expansion pacs and also paid $130 for Serato DJ Pro (even though it seems like this was for no reason since nothing changed. I see that all my stuff is "activated" under "My Serato/My Products." The problem is that I still cannot see the turntable circles under settings in "Audio," I just see "USB Size Latency." I also cannot see REL button ANYWHERE, which is driving me crazy. This should be easy since I've been using Serato Scratch Live since 2008. WTF?! Please help. I made a video here:
youtu.be
C-note 2:55 AM - 4 February, 2020
I'm running Phase and a Pioneer DJM 600.
The Return of Dj Sparky 3:31 PM - 4 February, 2020
What are you using hardware wise besides the phase , looks like you have a controller connected

You should also make sure dvs is enabled in settings
popnwave 4:08 PM - 4 February, 2020
Quote:
I'm running Phase and a Pioneer DJM 600.

DJM 600 isn't an SDJ soundcard is it?

You need something that supports DVS with SDJ the DJM-600 isn't going to return the tone needed to use Phase.
popnwave 4:10 PM - 4 February, 2020
Yeah a 19 year old Pioneer mixer with no USB or MIDI support isn't going to work in that setup. You need a mixer that supports Club Kit (which is what you bought) or unlocks SDJ Pro/DVS right out of the box (Numark Scratch is a good example of a basic one on the market right now).
C-note 1:02 AM - 6 February, 2020
Damn. Thanks for the feedback. That sucks. I miss my old setup. I could do everything for a fraction of the price. Looks like I'll have to buy a different $1,000 mixer to use instead?
BTW, I wrote the email listed for Serato customer service and they weren't helpful at all. Thanks for the speedy feedback.
Laz219 1:26 AM - 6 February, 2020
No reason you couldn't buy an SL2/3/4 and keep using your mixer. You can pick them up pretty cheap.
C-note 1:53 AM - 6 February, 2020
Oh only $500 for a Numark Scratch. Also a $60 SCL2/3/4 sounds good too. Great advice! thanks to everyone.
C-note 3:39 AM - 6 February, 2020
One last question. Will a Numark Scratch work with Phase on only one turntable?
popnwave 5:10 AM - 6 February, 2020
Quote:
One last question. Will a Numark Scratch work with Phase on only one turntable?

You can turn on instant doubles if you want, yes.
Tequil & Ice 11:50 PM - 26 March, 2020
Curious if anyone on the Forum knows if Phase can be used like a Rane SL2 or Denon DS1 interface? Basically can I use it with an analog mixer?
Laz219 1:18 AM - 27 March, 2020
The mixer isn't relevant to phase. Once the audio comes out of SDJ it doesn't matter what it's going into.
dj_soo 3:19 AM - 27 March, 2020
Quote:
Curious if anyone on the Forum knows if Phase can be used like a Rane SL2 or Denon DS1 interface? Basically can I use it with an analog mixer?

You’d still need something capable of running serato. Phase is just something to control the platters.
Tequil & Ice 3:26 AM - 27 March, 2020
Got it - thank you