Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Hot Cue and Loop improvements

Angelo2019 12:16 PM - 9 April, 2019
Hi,

I am a new Serato user
I've been using it for a couple of months with the DJM S9.

My experience is ok, but I have some suggestions that I hope can help to improve Serato.

They are regarding the hot cues and loop bank:

1) Having more cue point. Additional 8 hot cue it will be very useful for creativity and other stuff.
You could create 2 pages to avoid confusion in the interface and to use them also with an hardware that has only 8 pads.

2) Possibility to add a loop in the "hot cue section". It will be more easy and fast to recall and trigger them everytime you need.
This function could be use like this: I can decide to use just the "loop bank" or adding a point (or more) from there to the "hot cue section" or just saving a loop direct to an "hot cue" and, at the same time in the loop bank.

3) Adding the color option to a loop point. They will be more recognizable and fast to use.

Regarding the use with the S9
I don't know if it's an hardware limitation, but it will be useful to customize the way the pad section work. I mean, I would like to reassign the pad selector as I prefer. If a want to switch the roll, with the saved loop, for example, or Hot Cue to Roll, etc. it's not possible.

I'm not an english speaker, so I hope it was clear what I wanted to say

these are just some ideas that I think can help to improve this software, because for my use are "limitations".

I will continue using Serato and try to report my experience with it.

I hope it helps

thanks for your support.

Angelo
AKIEM 1:46 PM - 9 April, 2019
good idea. combining loops and cues has been a request for over a decade. i havnt seen many requests for it lately tho. its probably set in stone at this point....

but ive never seen any reason for they being two seperate things.

A 'cue' would be the same as a 'loop start'.

Turn loop 'on' and then it loops till you hit it again and its 'off'.

Or better yet.

Tap, its a cue
Tap and hold, its a loop start
Release, its a loop end

or set to 'auto loop' when held, or a modifier

good idea, wont ever happen