Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

OBS Broadcast

dvj sof 12:12 PM - 28 March, 2019
Dear all

This question may have been asked, but I am using OBS to broadcast video mix on facebook and it's all working finr. The only think i can't do if anyone can help is how do i do it buy showing just the video playing instead of the serato interface using just a mcbook pro and not connecting an external screen?
Thank you
the SOUNDINSURGENT 4:20 PM - 28 March, 2019
You have to point OBS to the Serato output screen.

I’m not at home so I’m not sure the name of the option but it can be done.
popnwave 4:42 PM - 28 March, 2019
You need to have at least another desktop created then and have the video output playing to that. I've never tried without actually having a monitor connected but there's no reason why it shouldn't work.

So 3 finger swipe up - hit the + in the far right corner (I'm using High Sierra, this might look a little diff in other macOS) to create DESKTOP 2 and somehow figure out how to make the video OUT go full screen on that. Then tell OBS to just record that desktop. Seems like you might run into resolution headaches (ie the DESKTOP is gonna be a lot higher than you need for video output) and I can't figure out how to keep my MixEmergency dashboard on screen with SDJ while keeping the video output on desktop 2.

So in theory it could work, but I don't know of anyone pulling it off. I sometimes get bad results just pointing OBS at the window vs a different desktop on my 2012, might be because my rig is getting old.

WINDOW CAPTURE is the proper SOURCE in OBS to try adding if you want to see if the video output window can just be captured in the background I guess..
DJ Tecniq 8:10 PM - 29 March, 2019
You mean like this? The option you’re looking for is called “display capture” this will “only” work if you add a 2nd display like flatscreen/other monitor. Ex: I used my Mac and my flatscreen tv for my second display which is connected through hdmi. Just don’t mirror the display in your computer settings. Start with adding the display capture first in OBS then add (video output/webcam) or whatever you’re using. End result should be this. Cheers
www.facebook.com
DJ Tecniq 8:15 PM - 29 March, 2019
I don’t recommend using “window capture”. Your screen will be all glitchy and will skip frames. Stick with display capture if you are using another display. Keep in mind adding another display plus streaming will really tax your cpu so make sure whatever machine you are using is powerful. I had slight skips toward the end but audio was still fine. Good luck hit me up if you need help.
DJ Tecniq 8:28 PM - 29 March, 2019
Also forgot to mention there’s a shortcut to GO Live on fb. I use this website there’s a go live button you can access just make sure to disable pop ups/ads cause it’s a pop up screen that will show your camera when you go live. It’s just a quick shortcut then you copy your streamkey from OBS in the pop up window then viola you’re live👍🏼
iag.me
dvj sof 7:27 AM - 1 April, 2019
Guys
Thank you for your reply, but what i am trying to do is to use just the macbook pro without an external screen as with an extra screen i can easily do it.
As popnwave said i already done that and created 4 desktops, so on the first one i have serato full screen, than the video is dragged to another one along with OBS. i tried every option on OBS drop menu but hopeless, the best i can get is adjusting the window but once i go full screen i have a quarter of the video showing as OBS setting drag horizontal and vertical same time so it's hard to adjust it too serato video only. I hope it make sence?
dvj sof 7:28 AM - 1 April, 2019
DJ Tecniq

Thank you for your time and the website hope it comes handy as i am getting videos blocked by copyright. is it going to happen same way?
dvj sof 7:31 AM - 1 April, 2019
the SOUNDINSURGENT

This is what i did but i get serato showing full screen not the video.

Thank you
dvj sof 7:31 AM - 1 April, 2019
popnwave

4 desktops already created but just not possible to get a result yet

Thank you
DJ Tecniq 8:59 AM - 1 April, 2019
As i said you need to add a “display capture” in OBS if you want to record just the video screen.
dvj sof 9:06 AM - 1 April, 2019
DJ Tecniq

Thank you again for your reply.
I have done this but to set it up it's quiet difficult. is there a tutorial for it?

Thx
DJ Tecniq 9:42 AM - 1 April, 2019
Quote:
DJ Tecniq

Thank you again for your reply.
I have done this but to set it up it's quiet difficult. is there a tutorial for it?

Thx
How many screen captures are you wanting to use? Also if you’re playing anything popular or copyrighted fb will def shut your feed down fast.
dvj sof 10:42 AM - 1 April, 2019
Yes this is an issue, but at least i can have the set up working then try to find another source on how to broadcast it. I created 4 windows on my mac desktop. all i want OBS to show is the one with the full screen video while i have on my main one full serato without switching in between.
DJ Tecniq 6:11 PM - 1 April, 2019
Quote:
Yes this is an issue, but at least i can have the set up working then try to find another source on how to broadcast it. I created 4 windows on my mac desktop. all i want OBS to show is the one with the full screen video while i have on my main one full serato without switching in between.
Is your video output display connected? That’s the one you should be capturing/recording. In OBS you can crop the display. Which scenes do you have added in OBS?
DJ Tecniq 6:19 PM - 1 April, 2019
In the beginning of this video he adds a display capture which is what you want. Then from the drop down menu you choose your display/video screen.
youtu.be
dvj sof 7:27 AM - 14 May, 2019
Got it solved thank you
P L 8:05 PM - 26 July, 2019
100% noob here for streaming on OBS, trying to get use my DDJ-SB2 or DDJ-SB3 to connect to OBS.

Model: MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
Version: 10.14.3
Processor: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
Ram: 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Graphic Card: Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB
Version of Serato DJ: DJ Pro. 2.1.1
Version of OBS: 23.2.1

I cannot seem to route the audio to OBS and I don't see either the controller listed as a available audio device.
popnwave 8:22 PM - 26 July, 2019
Quote:
100% noob here for streaming on OBS, trying to get use my DDJ-SB2 or DDJ-SB3 to connect to OBS.

Model: MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
Version: 10.14.3
Processor: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
Ram: 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Graphic Card: Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB
Version of Serato DJ: DJ Pro. 2.1.1
Version of OBS: 23.2.1

I cannot seem to route the audio to OBS and I don't see either the controller listed as a available audio device.

You may have to do the same thing :/ USB audio card and route the extra master back into from your controller.
DJ Tecniq 8:54 PM - 26 July, 2019
SB2/SB3 only have 1 master output. Which is why i didn’t care for the sb3 and sold my sb2. Don’t think he can stream with the hardware cause his master audio is plugged into his speakers or monitors?
dvj sof 8:04 AM - 29 July, 2019
to P L

as DJ Tecniq mentioned above it's correct, the SB,s only have 1 master out however it's not the end of the world and do what i did even i have something else which has booth monitor our to use for streaming you can buy this sound card which you can stream with, so from your SB3 you use the master output then from the sound card it has another output where you can plug your speakers and also have a 3.5 jack for your headphones. i have one of those and it work great. once you plug it it OBS and your computer will pick it up but you cant do it just with your controller unfortunately. only 20 euros and problem solved.
Good luck and let us know how you get on?

www.sonovente.com
dvj sof 8:06 AM - 29 July, 2019
Quote:
as DJ Tecniq mentioned above it's correct, the SB,s only have 1 master out however it's not the end of the world and do what i did even i have something else which has booth monitor our to use for streaming you can buy this sound card which you can stream with, so from your SB3 you use the master output then from the sound card it has another output where you can plug your speakers and also have a 3.5 jack for your headphones. i have one of those and it work great. once you plug it it OBS and your computer will pick it up but you cant do it just with your controller unfortunately. only 20 euros and problem solved.
Good luck and let us know how you get on?

www.sonovente.com