DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Opinions On Cloud Storage

DJ Dub (DC's Own) 4:57 PM - 18 March, 2019
I have roughly 5tb of music and I am interested in cloud storage for an additional back up option. Thoughts on which service you use and why. Thank you.
popnwave 5:56 PM - 18 March, 2019
Backblaze always gets high marks. Of course it's a backup of last resort because it's going to take a while to upload that data initially and I wouldn't bank on getting it all down prior to a gig one night if your main library melts down. www.backblaze.com

Now, if you're looking for a cheaper, less updated option where you aren't accessing the data often (bi weekly or monthly backups), then something like AWS (Amazon) and their options are pretty powerful: aws.amazon.com

For non library stuff I have a combo of a few services going (OneDrive at work w/ Office), Dropbox (which I've been using for years, but their paid stuff gets pricey) and iCloud (I just pay the $1 for 50GB so I don't get backup nags about the default 5GB being full).
Crackpipe 6:35 PM - 18 March, 2019
AWS is a very robust way to store your data using s3 buckets and backups using Glacier. You can even use an import option like snowball in order to send in your 5TB of data and have it uploaded by Amazon techs since uploading 5 TB could take a longgggg time to upload via home -> cloud.

You could even setup a CDN to stream all your music. If you are only using it for backups only you could use Glacier archiving and have 5 TB of data backed up for about $20 a month. If you access it less frequently but still need instant access, then it's around $50 a month

The drawback is AWS isn't something that is easy to setup by yourself and understand the technologies behind it.
CMOS 11:09 PM - 18 March, 2019
For something easy and simple i recommend Crashplan. They stopped offering a Home version, but their Small Business version is $10 a machine per month with unlimited storage.

www.crashplan.com
geftactics 5:17 PM - 14 April, 2019
AWS would be my goto for serious storage... I think dropbox actually run their plaform on AWS S3...

For those looking for a nice streamlined solution, I setup my computers to sync my Serato music files and library to iCloud drive - what I really love is it keeps my music current on all of my computers! Check my video of how I do it... Watchwww.youtube.com
Jack Green 1:47 PM - 14 August, 2019
I think that storing your data in the cloud is a much safer option, all you need to protect it is a strong password and the help of specific service. I use Spinbackup for my G Suite data storage. They even showed me how to migrate g suite data at spinbackup.com and much more. I think that you should take a look at some services that will help you with backups of your data.
Sakshi841 6:06 AM - 19 March, 2020
Without a doubt Cloudwards.net's favorite storage provider, Sync.com offers ease of use, speed and security at a reasonable price.