Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

MBP Touchbar 2018, Mojave, DVS Vinyl Timecode, Problems

jophil 10:50 AM - 17 March, 2019
Hi together,
i am using:

Pioneer DJM S9
2x Technics MK2
Macbook Pro 13 Inch Touchbar, 2018 Model (2,3GHz, i5, 8GB)
MacOS Mojave (High Sierra before, but same problems)

Right now i am using Serato DJ Pro 2.05.
Sometimes Serato does not run smooth. Especially when i want to scratch, the waveform is jumping, it stutters or laggs. When i use my CDJ in HID Mode everything is running perfect. Needles on both sides are new. Timecode Vinyls are also new. Any suggestion? Help is very much appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

VIDEO of the Problem: youtu.be
raedonquan 1:02 PM - 17 March, 2019
You need to adjust your DVS threshold... and turn off pitch n time when you scratch if you have it
Bornd Fono 3:00 PM - 17 March, 2019
As far as I know, Serato turns off the key correction (normal or PNT) automatically during scratching.
DJ Tecniq 6:21 PM - 17 March, 2019
Quote:
As far as I know, Serato turns off the key correction (normal or PNT) automatically during scratching.
No. But that would be amazing if it could. Pitch N’ Time is not meant for scratching it’s main purpose is to mix tracks and extend bpm range like say 100bpm to 115bpm or greater. PNT is only beneficial if your t-tables have extended pitch speeds like above +8 that’s how PNT works. So if you got decks that have +16/+50 range you can do some extreme pitch changes.
Bornd Fono 6:50 PM - 17 March, 2019
DJ dVO 11:32 PM - 17 March, 2019
MBP 2018 Touch Bar here...

Record function is not working...

Haven't tested DVS on the Rane TTM57mk2 yet but will report back to see if I run in the same problem.
DJ JulioYEG 3:19 AM - 19 March, 2019
Quote:
support.serato.com

keylock not pnt
DJ JulioYEG 3:22 AM - 19 March, 2019
" Enjoy the ability to mix, cut and scratch while maintaining perfect key and audio quality. "

store.serato.com.

Doesnt shut off just sounds like ass and my needle is skating all over the cv would represent the sound
Bornd Fono 9:48 AM - 19 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
support.serato.com

keylock not pnt

OMG JulioYEG it is really sad to watch how you think you have a clue, when actually you don't (and still try to teach others here).
PnT is an exchange algorithm for the original keylock algorithm and they both do the same thing. Keeping the sound in it's original key while the sound is being time-stretched. Both algorithms do the same... PnT just does it better.
And yes: BOTH are disabled when you scratch in Serato.

Try it yourself: do slow or very fast scratches and watch the key morph while you do that.
Bornd Fono 11:02 AM - 19 March, 2019
Sry Julio, my previous post wasn't meant to sound as agressive as it does
DJ Tecniq 2:52 PM - 19 March, 2019
PNT is not disabled while you scratch. Serato does not have the ability to turn PNT off or on. You have to manually do that yourself. Do slow scratches with pnt on it will sound like audio stutter = shit. It’s not meant for scratching only time stretching and mixing extreme tempos.
Bornd Fono 3:37 PM - 19 March, 2019
Quote:
Serato does not have the ability to turn PNT off or on.

Ofc it's turned off... just compare slow and fast scratches of the same sound. You can hear the pitch shifting...
This is done in the backround automatically without the normal user noticing it.
You couldn't imagine how awkward scratching would sould like with a timestretching/keylock algorithm active :D