Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Smooth echo out on Rane 62

Bro Funk 8:24 AM - 12 March, 2019
My other question is getting the correct setting on the echo as thats the only effect i use in a mix, i cant seem to get a smooth echo out and it sounds lumpy and messy, i am trying to achieve the smooth echo out as seen in the attached mix by lord finesse at approx 5m 37seconds and hes using the mixer i have too.

youtu.be

Thanks
Dj_Roger 8:57 AM - 12 March, 2019
Have you tried the Duck Echo ?

Watchwww.youtube.com
Bornd Fono 8:58 AM - 12 March, 2019
Definitely not a Serato effect. The internal echo out (Echo Out, Combo Echo Fade, Brake Echo set to "Fade", Clean Echo Out)... they all sound distorted on lower frequencies because Izotope is uncapable of including a HPF to the effect. This is sad and the community is complaining about this for YEARS now... but Serato & Izotope do not seem to care.

Sad show, I know - especially since they had it perfect in SSL.

I would suggest you try to find the answer in the internal effects of that mixer. The answer will probably lie there!
Bro Funk 9:07 AM - 12 March, 2019
He’s using a Rane 62 serato mixer so has to be Serato!!??
Bornd Fono 9:31 AM - 12 March, 2019
Bro. Keep yourself busy with the manual of your mixer. It has internal effects which differs from the Serato internal (software) effects from Izotope.
Bro Funk 9:39 AM - 12 March, 2019
Ok 👍🏻
DJ Tecniq 1:50 PM - 12 March, 2019
YouTube is your friend. Rane 62 is a pretty old mixer you should of figured out the fx by now. youtu.be
Bro Funk 3:17 PM - 12 March, 2019
Lol not had it long just because it’s old don’t mean I’ve mastered it haha
Mr. Goodkat 7:07 PM - 12 March, 2019
use duck echo
Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ Tecniq 7:41 PM - 12 March, 2019
Use the built in mixer fx don’t rely on the Serato fx the echo out has never been fixed even the clean echo out still sounds like crap.
dj_soo 11:32 PM - 13 March, 2019
I used to use Hold Echo on my 62 as I thought it sounded better
DJ JulioYEG 3:35 AM - 19 March, 2019
timing is important too you gotta engage it 1 beat before you drop the fader and mix out other wise you get vocal on vocal or a sudden clas that shows you mixed in a hurry