Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ Pro 2.1.1 Released

Diiijay 12:10 AM - 7 March, 2019
A new version has been released!
God help us!!!
Support for new hardware on the market. But correct old mistakes that is good ... nothing!
Diiijay 2:39 AM - 7 March, 2019
I made my first test with SeratoDJ 2.1.1.
I calculated the time from double clicking until the library was ready for use. It was absurd "46 seconds"!
As a comparison criterion I opened the same library in competing DJ software. It was only "5 seconds!".
Congratulations to the development team. They should have achieved a "10 seconds" faster loading time!
God help us!!!
Baird 3:21 AM - 7 March, 2019
Serato and all products behind this amazing creation.. we well!!.. hold on, just keeping it on I.. this gotta be The most important piece, there’s nothing like doing live remixing on the fly and I’ll say “creative minds think alike”.. from the best of the best Dj’s/ Produces would be amazing at what I saw today.. I’m truly back in the game because of this and it’s going to be an epic journey forward.. it’s like the pioneer rmx1000, but some key elements here dawg.. The Bridge got nothing on this
cheers 🍻
DJ COS 6:49 AM - 7 March, 2019
hello guys. i instal the new version 2.1.1 and the Spacebar and Enter do not work in offline mode...anyone have this issue?tnx.
Baum 10:05 AM - 7 March, 2019
Same here. I had to use the shift key or the caps lock with spacebar and enter key.

W or S is also working. Don't understand why Serato's changing this.
The Return of Dj Sparky 10:34 AM - 7 March, 2019
Is it set to use shift keys for playback in settings
Diiijay 12:54 PM - 7 March, 2019
Quote:
hello guys. i instal the new version 2.1.1 and the Spacebar and Enter do not work in offline mode...anyone have this issue?tnx.

=================================================================
I tested the Spacebar and Enter keys in offline mode and had no problem here.
novakone 9:38 PM - 7 March, 2019
Have all the bugs been addressed and fixed?

If not why the F are they adding new features?
popnwave 11:32 PM - 7 March, 2019
Quote:

Did you read the release notes?
oldgeeser 1:45 AM - 8 March, 2019
this release really helped me the "Fixed an issue where iTunes files would not show Key tags correctly" was really killing me when I had to re scan all my id3 tags every time the program opened.
Chromie Pants 2:20 AM - 8 March, 2019
Just installed this on Mac is high sierra and the Akai AMX dies not work.
It recognizes it, and says that the software is hardware activated, but the decks don't go to live/performance mode, and no controls on the AMX do anything.

I really want to use this with my Roland tr8. The only other Serato controller I have is the Roland dj202 and it won't work with the tr8.
Chromie Pants 2:35 AM - 8 March, 2019
After a couple minutes the info bar will show "error: failed to connect midi device"
Diiijay 3:39 AM - 8 March, 2019
Quote:

=====================================================================
I've been complaining about it for a long time!
SeratoDJ development team ... fix application problems instead of implementing new functions!
Diiijay 3:43 AM - 8 March, 2019
Quote:
this release really helped me the "Fixed an issue where iTunes files would not show Key tags correctly" was really killing me when I had to re scan all my id3 tags every time the program opened.

======================================================================
==
Leveraging your comment ...
Each version presents more problems than the others and end up having to correct what already worked well in previous versions.
Actually the application did not improve ... it only came back to what it was before.
novakone 1:07 PM - 8 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Did you read the release notes?

No, couldn’t find them last night. Just the upgrades
dj suirki 4:15 PM - 8 March, 2019
its anybody selling Serato dj pro licenca 50 % LOW its 129 so I will wanna pay 64 TNX :)
popnwave 5:14 PM - 8 March, 2019
Quote:
its anybody selling Serato dj pro licenca 50 % LOW its 129 so I will wanna pay 64 TNX :)

There are usually sales throughout the year.
dj suirki 5:22 PM - 8 March, 2019
Yes i know but i miss i have ddjsz2 so i dont need before now i have cdj 2000 nexus2 pioneer so i need now 😊
Bang Ali 11:32 AM - 9 March, 2019
Quote:

What bugs are you referring to? I never suffered from bugs with serato and imho some of the bugs that people complain here are obviously hardware related or from OS abuse (like these "my 10 year old laptop i use for internet and media, have installed a 1000 apps and never made a clean reinstall and dedicated it for music usage")

I am excited finally they added independent pad modes for two connected devices!!!

This worked on my old rane 62 and pioneer ddjssp1 combo but no more since i got the rane 72.

Music whise this feature independent pad modes offers finally the "music manipulaters target group" great new possibilities like roll looping on one device and cue points on the other device, or cue jumping with pitch jumping.

Have not seen independent pad modes was adressed too many times on this forum. And sb. can argument why there is still no day mode since it seems to be a very popular demand or at least some people are insisting on it regulary.

So I am very happy that serato from time to time shows some love for the music manipulators as they did on this update :)
Diiijay 11:53 AM - 9 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

What bugs are you referring to? I never suffered from bugs with serato and imho some of the bugs that people complain here are obviously hardware related or from OS abuse (like these "my 10 year old laptop i use for internet and media, have installed a 1000 apps and never made a clean reinstall and dedicated it for music usage")

I am excited finally they added independent pad modes for two connected devices!!!

This worked on my old rane 62 and pioneer ddjssp1 combo but no more since i got the rane 72.

Music whise this feature independent pad modes offers finally the "music manipulaters target group" great new possibilities like roll looping on one device and cue points on the other device, or cue jumping with pitch jumping.

Have not seen independent pad modes was adressed too many times on this forum. And sb. can argument why there is still no day mode since it seems to be a very popular demand or at least some people are insisting on it regulary.

So I am very happy that serato from time to time shows some love for the music manipulators as they did on this update :)

===============================================================
You are mistaken! I can guarantee that my Operating System works perfectly! I can also guarantee that I have no hardware problems.
All my complaints are based on problems that occur only in SeratoDJ.
Just because you're not picky and likes the app the way it is does not mean it's good.

-Waveform that functions as a quavering cartoon;
-Incompatibility with some Nvidia drivers;
- Library loading time too long (even with the last fix;)
-Falls of the previous version that did not read files of some known extensions;
-Falls from previous versions when Windows was upgraded (they said it was Microsoft's fault but corrected in the later version);
-Information about music corrupted but not corrupted! (It was because they contained special characters)
-Crates that do not update automatically

and much more!

Read the forum calmly! Do not be so simplistic!
popnwave 2:31 PM - 9 March, 2019
Outside of waveform, the rest is mostly on you. Go away already and oh god, you're a whiny Windows user. Just go download a cracked version of VDJ already and disappear.
Comrade Tulayev 3:04 PM - 9 March, 2019
Serato works fine with Windows. Diiijay is just a whiny twat.
dj suirki 3:05 PM - 9 March, 2019
Idk why youu all write this here my question was if somebody selling serato dj pro 50% price but nothing
popnwave 3:35 PM - 9 March, 2019
Quote:
Idk why youu all write this here my question was if somebody selling serato dj pro 50% price but nothing

Dude stop spamming, there are other conversations going on in these threads besides you wanting a discount.
DJ Tecniq 6:08 PM - 9 March, 2019
Quote:
Dude stop spamming, there are other conversations going on in these threads besides you wanting a discount.
🙏🏼Amen.
Diiijay 12:44 PM - 10 March, 2019
Quote:
Outside of waveform, the rest is mostly on you. Go away already and oh god, you're a whiny Windows user. Just go download a cracked version of VDJ already and disappear.

==============================================================
Outside the waveform does the rest only happen to me that I am Windows user ??? kkkkkkkkkkk
You mean your Crates library updates itself ??? kkkkkkk
I think the SeratoDJ team has developed an exclusive version for the FANBOYS!

Note: Be careful what you write! Apology to piracy?

This FANBOYS...
Diiijay 12:48 PM - 10 March, 2019
Quote:
Serato works fine with Windows. Diiijay is just a whiny twat.

=====================================================
Welcome to the "SeratoDJ Fanboys Club".
Do not forget to use your sale when you join our club!
Here we are all blind to the errors of the software and we do not accept that they speak badly!
The world is perfect and the Seratodj too!

kkkkkkkk these FANBOYS ...
Comrade Tulayev 2:51 PM - 10 March, 2019
*massive yawn*
Diiijay 1:14 PM - 11 March, 2019
Quote:
*massive yawn*

FANBOYS ... one more who joined the club ...
djchrispr 1:19 PM - 11 March, 2019
After the update my serato start freezing and scraching any help?
hersh20 9:07 PM - 11 March, 2019
quick report after using 2.1.1. for 8 hours this past weekend. Zero issues, slightly faster library load time (not significant). using with pioneer S9, and TTs 2015 MBP w/Mojave.
trinilv 2:58 AM - 12 March, 2019
installed serato dj pro 2.1.1 and the can't see edit and the beat grids, anybody else have this problem?
popnwave 8:54 PM - 12 March, 2019
Quote:
installed serato dj pro 2.1.1 and the can't see edit and the beat grids, anybody else have this problem?

Is sync turned off in the settings?
YZ 8:54 PM - 12 March, 2019
Quote:

This FANBOYS...
*massive yawn

I have to ask, are you a Windows or Mac user?
Diiijay 12:11 PM - 13 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
This FANBOYS...
*massive yawn

Windows user.
YZ 6:48 PM - 13 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This FANBOYS...
*massive yawn

Windows user.

Ok, that answers my questions thanks. I'm walking away now.
TonyPhx 8:41 AM - 14 March, 2019
Quote:

Same here...

Using Pioneer S9
2 Reloop RP8000mk2
2011 MacPro with High Sierra

Any solution?
djchrispr 3:27 AM - 15 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Same here...

Using Pioneer S9
2 Reloop RP8000mk2
2011 MacPro with High Sierra

Any solution?

i just delete the current version i installed the 2.1.0
G.REKKAS 11:54 AM - 15 March, 2019
it's not about the fight between mac and windows users , it's about how SDJPRO should work appropriately. it takes a long time to load , no day mode , no autoupdate for crates , no autocue on load for headphones and many other minor or major stuff that many users want but nothing happens. Sometimes i wander if they ever read the comments for the problems we face or the features we would really like to have. to the point; 2.1.1 is a bit faster on load but still needs to be faster. i think the next major upgrade and not update should focus on the overall stability and reliability , especially for windows users cause i can't understand how a laptop of 2k euro is totally awesome for heavy loading games of 2018-2019 and still freezes for secs when multiple crates open.
YZ 3:55 PM - 15 March, 2019
You're missing the point and I've said this 100x in here. It doesn't matter if your Windows machine is the best of the best. Serato DJ was designed and optimized to run on Mac OSX. They didn't have developers on Windows writing the software for Windows so you're basically using a shitty port of the original. Thus all the problem threads in here and inconsistencies. Never played a video game designed on a PC but ported to like and xbox or ps4 and it plays like shit? Same thing here.

It's really this simple, if you want the full Serato experience then buy the correct laptop for it. Otherwise, buy Windows and complain in the dumpster fire threads here all day about all the problems you're having. Just don't get confused as to why this is happening to you. Just sayn'
Comrade Tulayev 4:54 PM - 15 March, 2019
^
Utter bollocks
The Return of Dj Sparky 6:39 PM - 15 March, 2019
the main issue with windows is the chipsets, if serato were to tell us all which ones work great but they don't, then won't even give you the model of a windows test machine they use that works 100%
popnwave 6:58 PM - 15 March, 2019
Quote:
the main issue with windows is the chipsets, if serato were to tell us all which ones work great but they don't, then won't even give you the model of a windows test machine they use that works 100%

Again, this is the key.. most of the nicer made machines are going to have quality components vs some 2nd tier brand that uses lower tier stuff.

I don't see a lot of people using Dell XP 15s, Alienware, Razer etc components in here complaining it's always the lower tier hardware or some oddball form factor like a Surface Pro that cuts corners to make things thin or cheap.
Chromie Pants 5:06 AM - 16 March, 2019
Quote:

==============================================================
Outside the waveform does the rest only happen to me that I am Windows user ??? kkkkkkkkkkk
You mean your Crates library updates itself ??? kkkkkkk

You keep blabbing about all the bugs that are never fixed, but you only mention one thing that could be a bug, but in reality it's probably your hardware. I have a windows machine and my waveform looks top notch.

My crates library doesn't update itself. Is it supposed to? Are you talking about the smart crates or something, or are you asking for a new feature?
Comrade Tulayev 11:09 AM - 16 March, 2019
Played a gig last night on 2.1.1 on a £350 Windows laptop. Worked perfectly.
BleedR 1:51 PM - 16 March, 2019
Years after, and still Serato is not able to fix their issues. Best working version for me is still 1.9.5! Yesterday I played with Pro and distortion and white noise appeared, looking back here again I noticed people having the same issue for more than a year! It's like the VCI 300 issue with dropouts never managed to fix it and just kept quiet till everyone stopped using the hardware!
Rebelguy 3:30 PM - 16 March, 2019
Quote:
Years after, and still Serato is not able to fix their issues. Best working version for me is still 1.9.5! Yesterday I played with Pro and distortion and white noise appeared, looking back here again I noticed people having the same issue for more than a year! It's like the VCI 300 issue with dropouts never managed to fix it and just kept quiet till everyone stopped using the hardware!

Why don’t you just move on to a different software then? If it’s not working for you then find something that does.
BleedR 9:38 PM - 16 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Why don’t you just move on to a different software then? If it’s not working for you then find something that does.

Using USB and Rekordbox, just for that gig I decided to used my laptop as I was not knowing what music I would need!
I left Serato a long time ago, after having bugs not getting fixed.
popnwave 5:10 AM - 17 March, 2019
Quote:
Using USB and Rekordbox, just for that gig I decided to used my laptop as I was not knowing what music I would need!

Do you linger around your ex girlfriends as well? Jesus move on.
DJ Merci 5:05 PM - 19 March, 2019
Played a gig last week Thursday running Serato 2.1.1 no issues with windows 10
david07 10:32 PM - 19 March, 2019
I tried it in my.pc for games with an i5 8400 and analyzing files in the middle of the work the software was closed and I reported an error
YZ 4:25 PM - 28 March, 2019
Buy the right tools for the job... or struggle. My 2c.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 5:36 PM - 28 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Do you linger around your ex girlfriends as well? Jesus move on.

Thanks. I needed that laugh.